• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Karl Urban to star in JJ Abrams' new buddy comedy show about robot cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
a respected police officer who has shut down emotionally

hahaha Urban is born to play this role. I'm surprised he didn't snag the role of robot actually.

fuuck. instead of a emotional ass robot i wish he was discontinued because he was so wacky and liked to make jokes. sure it would also be cliche but at least we could get some good buddy cop humor from it.

but what do i know, maybe the series will be funny too.

alba

Little is the new Big
First I hear about this, I like. I sure hope it won't disappoint! (a lot of JJ shows are either awesome or terrible, there is no middle point).

OH MY GOD.

THE BRITISH DUDE IS THE DUDE FROM PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN

Mackenzie%20Crook-1736152.jpg

mil6es

For all you oldies out there (I mean 80's baby's) this has already been done with Total Recall 2070 the series.

total-recall-2070.jpg

As a GITS fan this show pleases me. Visually it reminds me a lot of Fringe hoping for a larger overall conspiracy with that classic J.J twist.

Wiktor

I loved when he threw that robot out.:D
And I have no clue why people are suggesting the roles should be switched. The whole point of it is that the robot acts far more human than his human partner

Qvoth

just saw the trailer, wow that sure looks really good

but how long can this last? i mean karl's salary has got to be really high compared to normal tv stars

So was that a really cut up version of Supremacy by Muse, or a really blatant ripoff?

Holy fucking shit. It's the most blalant ripoff I've ever heard (besides sampling stealing, like will.i.am).

It's definitely not Supremacy, and the final part sounds exactly like slightly reworked version.

EDIT: It could be a cover, I guess... But it's just too close to the original.

Burger

You guys are all smoking crack while stroking your Urban boners.

I almost cracked up laughing several times while watching that. Looks like a whole lot of cash to make a cheesy ass CSI FUTUR. They couldn't have crammed more tropes into that trailer if they tried.

Urban is one of the most underrated actors out there. Really hope this show will be a success for him.

Jim Caviezel's a great actor, but he had relatively little work for a long stretch a few years ago before getting a hit with Person of Interest. Hope that Urban attains similar success with this.

Oh hey this show will probably be shot in Vancouver:

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/0...j-abrams-pilot-almost-human-picked-up-by-fox/

The Fox network has announced that it’s going to series with Almost Human, the J.J.-Abrams-J.H. Wyman pilot that filmed in Vancouver earlier this spring.

Karl Urban stars in the show as a cop in the near future, partnered with a highly evolved android (Michael Ealy). Lili Taylor also stars. While the pilot filmed here earlier this spring, industry sources say a decision on whether to shoot the series in Los Angeles or Vancouver won’t be made until mid-month.

But odds for a Vancouver shoot are good, with both producer Abrams and show creator Wyman having a history with the city that includes the long run of their recently ended Fringe, and Abrams’ series Alcatraz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom