• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katamari Damacy seems to be pretty scarce already

Prospero

I thought I'd pick it up from Amazon since I need to order some books from them anyway, but they aren't stocking it and don't have it listed as a pre-order. Neither does therage.com, where I usually go for oddball PS2 stuff. Best Buy also knows nothing about rolling garbage.

Am I going to have to camp out at EB or Gamestop on Tuesday to pick this up? That will irritate me no end.

Ranger X

must protect the hive...

Let's build our hate against all "anti-creativity" people, companies and stores: You must all die. (and suffer in the process.)

Prospero

An apparent severe lack of nationwide distribution + $20 price point + quirky Japanese PS2 game + a probable small print run = shameless profiteers buying up ten copies of the game, throwing them in a sock drawer until their eBay value inflates to Rez-like prices, and then selling them.

I had the same problem (looking online to find it)... finally ended up pre-ordering it from the local EB.

Edit... Hmm, maybe I'll pre-order 10.

B'z-chan

Banned
I'm going to buy two copies myself cause it looks like its gonna be very hard to find. But then again i could be wrong. Preorder to make sure you get it someday at least. Cant wait till tuesday.

When I get my next check, I'm just going to head to my local mall, which has an EB and a GameStop, and pray that they have it.

olimario

Banned
I didn't realize that the title would be so scarce. I'll have to pre-order a couple copies tomorrow just to make sure I get them. :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I had a feeling this title might be hard to find. Apparantly I have it preordered at Software Etc, but I'm gonna need to check again just to make sure they're getting the game

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I knew this would happen. I'm either going to pre-order in-store or online. I'm starting to get worried. I'm not paying $60 on ebay two months from now.

Yeah I tried looking for it on Amazon.com last week and was very disappointed that they didn't have it, because they're the only online store I can order from, and I don't live in America, so it looks like I wont be getting this game :(

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Mr. Lemming said:
I don't know if preordering tomorrow will make a difference in getting the game or not... at least with the initial shipment.

I'm going to push over EVERY magazine rack in sight if I don't have this game in my hand on either Tuesday, September 21st or Wednesday, September 22nd. Don't be surprised if you hear about an 18 year old male going nuts in a mall, pushing around garbage.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The only online retailers I see carrying this game is EBgames.com, Gamestop.com, and Amazon.ca

Walmart.com, Bestbuy.com, circuitcity.com and target.com do not have the game listed

Quick question: since Namco resides in San Jose, should that mean the game will be distributed from San Jose or from another location? I want the game ready for pickup on Tuesday afternoon

Prospero said:
An apparent severe lack of nationwide distribution + $20 price point + quirky Japanese PS2 game + a probable small print run = shameless profiteers buying up ten copies of the game, throwing them in a sock drawer until their eBay value inflates to Rez-like prices, and then selling them.

So join in! Be shameless. It's a good way to make money. Being informed about what is 'hot' or 'rare' before the masses find out is a valuable asset. Using that knowledge to stock up on something while it's still cheap with the intent of later turning a profit isn't exactly the most despicable act one could name.

Though I think if people really want to make money, they should probably apply a similar strategy to something like real estate instead of dicking around with 20 buck video games. But hey, whatever works - I'll probably pick up a couple extras myself!

border

"Investing" in a large stockpile of videogames is a relatively bad idea.....particularly when you are trying to predict something as unpredictable as a cult hit.

jenov4

For the Canucks planning on ordering this one from amazon.ca, use this coupon code for an additional $5 off: MAPSAVE5SMAG

My total came to a little over $30 Canadian including shipping! Wh00t!!

border said:
"Investing" in a large stockpile of videogames is a relatively bad idea.....particularly when you are trying to predict something as unpredictable as a cult hit.

I agree. The great thing about doing it with this game, though, is that even if it doesn't become a rare cult hit, you'll at least have a few extra copies to give to your friends. Katamari makes the perfect party favor or stocking stuffer! ^_^

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I work at Video Game Depot, and I know we're getting several copies in. No preorders, but those of you that can't find the game, check http://www.videogamedepot.com on wednesday and you'll pretty much assuredly get a copy. That's when our shipment comes in.

Belfast

I'd probably pick up extra if I wasn't already spending $100+ bucks on games this week. :\

Just order it from EBGames or something.....

Here's hoping my preorder from Wherehouse.com gets filled. I had some trade in credit there and was very surprised they had a preorder for it a couple of weeks ago.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I just decided to suck it up and order it online. I was debating going to the store and preordering it there, but I decided not to risk going that route. At least this way I KNOW I'll get it.

Fifty

Thanks for the amazon.ca tipoff and the $5 off code.

Although I trust my local store usually, I'm not sure about this game, and I end up saving money if I order it from them. Better to get it 2-4 days later than everyone else and save $5 to get a copy for sure than take a risk otherwise.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Agent Dormer said:
I know I'm giving Katamari Damacy out as Christmas gifts to a couple of my friends.

You too?
I'm gonna sell it at work as the ultimate stocking stuffer

I pre-ordered it at my local EB games, but considering how they fucked up getting Dog's Life, I'm rather doubtful I'll get mine. :(

Dyne

I'm not preordering it. The Zellers near my University better get a copy of it or I will go MAD CRAZY ON THEM. I'm going to check after every class I have this week.

BuddyC

i'll admit that i'm a little afraid that my gamestop will flake out and not get katamari in.

edit: you just know i've got it preordered.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
For some reason my local GameStop doesn't take in preorders for the game but it says they will be receiving copies of it so I politely asked the manager to set one aside for me. Then I headed straight to EB and reserved/paid off in full a copy of Katamari. Hopefully one of them will come through for me.

Spike

Dyne said:
I'm not preordering it. The Zellers near my University better get a copy of it or I will go MAD CRAZY ON THEM. I'm going to check after every class I have this week.

WTF?!?! Zellers?!?! You may as well just go mad crazy right now, because the chance of Zellers getting in KD is actually worse than zero.

The only hope without pre-ordering is Future Shop/Best Buy. Actually, Best Buy stands the greater chance simply because they are the only store in Toronto that stocked Space Raiders for the Cube.

Grizzlyjin

Shit, we're all screwed. :lol

Namco is a huge company though. This might be a small title, but I have faith they'll do a reprint if the sales are good enough. But I'm not putting all my faith in something like that, I want this game NOW!

Top Bottom