• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katamari Damacy ships! Anyone get it yet?

Rhage

Oy, Gamestop.com is showing the status as BACKORDERED now. EBGames.com has been out of stock for a day already.

Namco, print up more copies, stat!

Belfast

Picked it up at EB in-store. Last copy. :)

The translation rocks and I like the "new" 1st stage song. Its definitely in the spirit of the game.

Belfast

op_ivy said:
wow, just wow!

i'm still getting a hang of the controls, but the game is pure joy. best music and best cutscenes ever! i'm having a blast and cracking up so much. the game is sooo eccentric and yes, well gay, but in a good "big gay al" sort of way :p

i just did my third star, and having the katamri start at 10cm then finishing with ~80cm, i'm just barely beginning to see the sense of scale in the game, and its already incredible :)

It gets better! The scale of the final stage and credits is rediculous.

Still, its a rather short game overall. But you can always go back and see how well you can do the bonus stages. And isn't there a potential sequel in the works? That'd be hot.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Belfast said:
It gets better! The scale of the final stage and credits is rediculous.

Still, its a rather short game overall. But you can always go back and see how well you can do the bonus stages. And isn't there a potential sequel in the works? That'd be hot.

Not only is there gonna be a sequel, but I believe they are putting an online mode as well!

BuddyC

argh fuck you Gamestop

this is exactly what i was afraid of.

apparently they never got their afternoon shipment in, so no one knows what's up.

BuddyC

But no, the GameStops back town have it in stock.

"Is there any way I could get you to hold that for me until Saturday?"
"I'm sorry, no."
"Okay, then is there any way you could make your Muncie store not suck ass?"
[laughter]

BuddyChrist83 said:
argh fuck you Gamestop

this is exactly what i was afraid of.

apparently they never got their afternoon shipment in, so no one knows what's up.

sad.gif

olimario

Banned
atomsk said:
Katamari Damashii Oni/Katamari Damashii 2 is rumored to be out in November... but who knows

Where did the rumor originate? I'd love to see a sequel!
I do wish they'd take more time and add a lot of features like Pikmin -> Pikmin 2.
I don't want just new levels.

Katamari, Gradius V, Gungrave OD and Viewtiful Joe PS2, all picked up over today and yesterday

BRAIN MELTING

Can't stop playing any of them

atomsk

Party Pooper
olimario said:
Where did the rumor originate? I'd love to see a sequel!
I do wish they'd take more time and add a lot of features like Pikmin -> Pikmin 2.
I don't want just new levels.

play-asia has it up for preorder, and gamefaqs lists nov 1st. but i'm well aware thats probably a place holder date

also from insertcredit.com

Yesterday was Namco's 50th birthday, and they're marking this year by releasing a new title in 7 of their major series. Six games have been announced recently (Ace Combat 5, Tekken 5, Xenosaga Episode 2, Katamari Damashii 2, new Taiko no Tatsujin, Smash Court Pro Tournament 2), but we can't be sure that these are the ones they're talking about (considering Smash Court Pro Tour wasn't much of a hit).

The Association of Retailers of TV-game Software (ARTS) has a little blurb up about Katamari Damashii 2 being in the works. Apparently the game will be released in Japan inside of this year. Namco plans to make this property into a series.

dunno where the 'online' rumor came from. all i know is the game is supposed to be out Q4

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
eb aren't here had all the copies set aside for pre-order (grr -- i'm an idiot), but more copies are supposed to come in monday. i've already beaten the import, so i'm in no rush. more time for drummania this weekend. :)

Mairu

Woo! Called once I was through with class, it's INNNN! Drove down, asked the guy for it. He went to the back and got it, said they hadn't even priced them yet and asked me how I had heard about it. We got into a little conversation about the game and a guy right near us was like "That game came out here? AWESOMES" and bought a copy right then and there.

SPREAD THE KATAMARI LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~!

Shouta

Anybody really looking for the game? I can probably get a few copies at the local EB for people if they want it since it seems it's rare all over the place due to small shipments.

mosaic

go eat paint
Similar story at the GameStop here in Lansing, MI....

They got in 3 copies. I bought the last one. Clerk wanted to know how the heck I knew about it, mentioning that he hadn't heard of it until two days ago when people started asking.

And, bonus, while perusing the store, saw three people come in and trade the exact same games -- NASCAR 2005 PS2 and Bad Boys. What're the odds? ;)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
mosaic said:
Similar story at the GameStop here in Lansing, MI....

They got in 3 copies. I bought the last one. Clerk wanted to know how the heck I knew about it, mentioning that he hadn't heard of it until two days ago when people started asking.

And, bonus, while perusing the store, saw three people come in and trade the exact same games -- NASCAR 2005 PS2 and Bad Boys. What're the odds? ;)

The question is, why did you have Bad Boys? Unless you meant the movie and not the game...is the game even out?

BeOnEdge

Banned
rare namco ownage. i'm getting 1 more copy of katamari tomorrow. namco doesnt reprint SHIT that doesnt have tekken or soul calibur in its title. good luck waiting for that! :D

dscf0073.jpg

mosaic

go eat paint
The King of Cosmos is a raging pot head -- and now I want to be one too, thanks to the fruity title montage.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I got it at Best Buy today. They got in 8 copies. Used the GGC, so I got Katamari for $15. Just flipping through the (FUCKING AWESOME) manual, I dub this the best localization ever.

I <3 Namco. Now let's see if I can finish my school work in time to roll some garbage balls up.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Holy f*ck, this game really does rule.

Just rolling around with the music playing is enough to make you feel happy. :) What a crazy experience!

The early levels reminded me a bit of Toy Commander (environment only, not the gameplay)...only with way more "stuff" sitting around.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I love it when those police officers try to shoot your Katamari down. Haha...rolling over people is so much fun

Lee-T

I hate EB. They didn't call me for my preorder so I decided to stop by today. They only got 1 copy in and they actually had it out for sale. The didn't call me or hold it for me. Anyway, I'm glad I got it. The game is so damn good.

Top Bottom