• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

kerry's wife worth $1 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If I kill her? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... her net worth.... sorry..

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Guess we know who wears the pants in that marriage then.

Worked with Clinton though, i say vote him in.

DaveH

Who was the last "everyman" president? It doesn't have to be "I grew up in a log cabin and read by firelight" but, say, low middle class or lower...

DaveH

What's his background? I honestly don't know. Was he a poor public servant all his life? I thought he was the governor of AK....

Edit: Okay looked it up.... from whitehouse.gov

President Clinton was born William Jefferson Blythe IV on August 19, 1946, in Hope, Arkansas, three months after his father died in a traffic accident. When he was four years old, his mother wed Roger Clinton, of Hot Springs, Arkansas. In high school, he took the family name.

He excelled as a student and as a saxophone player and once considered becoming a professional musician. As a delegate to Boys Nation while in high school, he met President John Kennedy in the White House Rose Garden. The encounter led him to enter a life of public service.

Clinton was graduated from Georgetown University and in 1968 won a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford University. He received a law degree from Yale University in 1973, and entered politics in Arkansas.

He was defeated in his campaign for Congress in Arkansas's Third District in 1974. The next year he married Hillary Rodham, a graduate of Wellesley College and Yale Law School. In 1980, Chelsea, their only child, was born.

Clinton was elected Arkansas Attorney General in 1976, and won the governorship in 1978. After losing a bid for a second term, he regained the office four years later, and served until he defeated incumbent George Bush and third party candidate Ross Perot in the 1992 presidential race.

(the top part wasn't really relevant, I just never knew he changed his name once)

So I guess I'd revise my question to, "Who was the last president who wasn't a career politician and didn't come from a wealthy family or have large personal fortune?"

I don't think you can really say a career politician is an "everyman" since there are so few of them compared to us.

LakeEarth

I think the company is better known for their ketchup, but I'd guess they do the bean thing too.

So she's rich, big deal. Until tomatoes become a non-renewable resource, we won't be fighting any wars over tomatoes anytime soon.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Ninja Scooter said:
uhhm, Clinton.
Heh, I don't think "everyman" attends Oxford.

Honestly I'd have no idea, I think you'd have to look to 19th Century or earlier to find a true "everyman" in terms of having no previous political experience, industry ties, etc, as being president. The closest 20th Cent. uneducated guess I could provide would be Truman.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
dog$ said:
Does an "everyman" have to be someone who graduated from Billy Bob's Community College?

dog$ said:

Honestly I'd have no idea, I think you'd have to look to 19th Century or earlier to find a true "everyman" in terms of having no previous political experience, industry ties, etc, as being president. The closest 20th Cent. uneducated guess I could provide would be Truman.

i thought he meant in terms of background. Clinton came from a poor background, and worked for what he achieved. He didn't it all handed to him from the time he was born like a lot of others. Sure he went to Oxford and was governer of Arkansas, but in this day and age, you will be hard pressed to ever find a legit presidential candiate who doesn't attend a prestigious school or have years and years of political experience.

akascream

Banned
Kerry's paltry 1 billion is far less than Bush and Cheny have. Sounds like a real 'voice of the people', somebody to represent the blue collar working folk. At least republicans don't pretend to represent these people. ;)

Alcibiades

akascream said:
Kerry's paltry 1 billion is far less than Bush and Cheny have. Sounds like a real 'voice of the people', somebody to represent the blue collar working folk. At least republicans don't pretend to represent these people. ;)

actually, I think Bush isn't that rich, but who knows...

Diablos

0,1886,2213034,00.jpg

Damn, all that money thanks to ketchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom