• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill Bill: Vol. 2 - PREMIUM DVD BOX LIMITED EDITION (Japan Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
As usual, the U.S. will miss out on this version of Kill Bil: Vol. 2 full of goodies:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1003612251/did-0/code-j/section-videos

p1003612251.jpg

Release Date: Oct. 1, 2004
Price: $109.99

The cerebral half of Quentin Tarantino's two part revenge epic, the breathtaking Kill Bill: Vol. 2 follows "The Bride" (Uma Thurman) on her quest for the blood of the partners who betrayed her. Having checked O-Ren Ishii (Lucy Liu) and Vernita Green (Vivica A. Fox) off her death list, Budd (Michael Madsen) and Elle Driver (Daryl Hannah) are next in line before her showdown with the calmly psychotic Bill (a brilliant David Carradine).

While Kill Bill: Vol. 1 was a nonstop chop-socky extravaganza, Tarantino injects wide open spaces and other western influences into Vol. 2 to create a cocktail that is just as much Serge Leone as it is Shaw Brothers. Which is not to say that there isn't plenty of violence for those who crave it. If anything, it's even more extreme in this installment, thanks to the simmering psychological dynamics that slowly emerge. And perhaps the most welcome part of this film is Tarantino's trademark dialogue. While fans of "Reservoir Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction" may have been let down by the lack of loopy exchanges in Vol. 1, Vol. 2 dishes them up in spades, ensuring Kill Bill's place in the rapidly growing list of Tarantino film masterpieces.

In addition to the feature film, this extremely limited Japan-only Premium Box includes a reversible jacket featuring two characters from the movie (first pressing only), making-of featurette, unreleased scenes, footage from the premier party, trailers, a cool Kung Fu t-shirt, Pai Mei keyholder, "Love Bride" Bearbrick, 24 page all-color booklet, and special memorial cards (complete set of 10).

Pics of goodies:

Reversible Jacket covers

p1003612244a.jpg
p1003612244b.jpg

p1003612244c.jpg
p1003612244d.jpg

Kung-Fu T-Shirt

p1003612251a.jpg

Pai-Mei Keyholder

p1003612251b.jpg

"Love Bride" Bearbrick

p1003612251c.jpg

24-page All-Color Booklet

p1003612251d.jpg

Memorial Cards (set of 10)

p1003612251e.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The standard version will also be released on that date as well:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1003612244/did-0/code-j/section-videos/

l_p1003612244.jpg

Price: $38.25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fancy seeing all the variety of Kill Bill: Vol. 2 packages Yes Asia has to offer? Go here:

http://us.yesasia.com/en/SrAllDept.aspx?section=videos&code=j&version=all&did=0&str=Kill+Bill

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Son of a bitch, I'm pissed that Miramax is milking this here in the US

Give us this limited edition and let it be done, screw this 'release 4 different copies' bs

cvxfreak

The theatre nearby is showing Kill Bill 2 and tickets are only like $1.50. Should I go see it if I haven't seen the first one?

neptunes

CVXFREAK said:
The theatre nearby is showing Kill Bill 2 and tickets are only like $1.50. Should I go see it if I haven't seen the first one?

wow, there are hardly any theaters her that that do that.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Don't worry, I'm sure Miramax has a lot planned for us...after they milk me and many others into buying the standard edition for Volume. I'm so weak, I bought the regular bare bones edition of Volume 1 knowing that some Ultra Deluxe Edition would come out in the future, and I bet I still get the plain old version of Volume 2 as well. :(

I hope we are getting extras like this in our future box set, very nice stuff right there.

cvxfreak

Kumiko Nikaido said:
What're you doing in the PI? Isn't there tyhoons going on there now?

Heh, not much. Just relaxing in a hotel in Makati... bored as hell, but eh. No signs of typhoons either although I find it kinda weird that when it was pouring yesterday, it was still hot as hell. ^_^

Alucard

Banned
I'd like to know how those reversable sleeve jackets work.

Anyways, this set looks glorious. I really enjoyed Volume 2 and think it's one of the better movies to come out this past year. I'm not one to immediately go out and buy DVDs on the day of release when I know that a better version will come out eventually. I'll be waiting for the Ultimate Kill Bill Bundle Pack.

Alucard said:
I'd like to know how those reversable sleeve jackets work.

Lots of anime dvds have reversible sleeves. There's basically two covers, one printed on each side of the sleeve. You just slide the sleeve out of the dvd case, and flip it around to whichever cover you prefer.

Alucard

Banned
heavy liquid said:
Lots of anime dvds have reversible sleeves. There's basically two covers, one printed on each side of the sleeve. You just slide the sleeve out of the dvd case, and flip it around to whichever cover you prefer.

Hmm...I can see that being annoying if the see-through plastic part of the DVD case is tight like it should be.

lordmrw

trippingmartian said:
Looks like a lot of useless trinkets I don't need. The coffin is cute, though.

Pretty much. I've never given a damn about Making of featurettes, or director and cast interviews. I just want to see the movie whenever I want, and to watch a few deleted scenes.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
CVXFREAK said:
Heh, not much. Just relaxing in a hotel in Makati... bored as hell, but eh. No signs of typhoons either although I find it kinda weird that when it was pouring yesterday, it was still hot as hell. ^_^

Oh, ok. Just stay away from the Pangasinan area. :p

heavy liquid said:
In Canada many of our DVD releases have reversable covers for English/French. If I flip the cover for Kill Bill Vol. 1 for example, it's "Tuer Bill"

evil ways

Unless this set includes scenes not shown or available in the US release, I don't care for it. Paying $89 for all that extra junk is not worth it.

way more

CVXFREAK said:

Go ahead, thats what I did and it didn't really ruin anything.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Ill prolly get the Japanese standard edition to go with my JPN vol.1. I'll forgo the trinkets, it's just eBay bound junk. I wonder if there'll be any added footage? At least with this one I won't have to keep switching the subtitles on. Me and my friend are combining them all to make an ultimate edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom