• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

XAL

If you watch other stuff, yeah.

humm...I see a small handful of things I want to watch on there

Is there anything on there that is absolutely must watch aside from animes that are fairly mainstream? (ie: attack on titan, bleach, naruto, one piece - I haven't watched any of these...)

Lingitiz

humm...I see a small handful of things I want to watch on there

Is there anything on there that is absolutely must watch aside from animes that are fairly mainstream? (ie: attack on titan, bleach, naruto, one piece - I haven't watched any of these...)

Gintama is amazing, although you don't need a sub to watch it.

LordCanti

I got tired of the player being a piece of shit. It'll stop cold requiring refresh at least one time per episode or so for me. It's better on the PS4, but I don't always want to mess with turning the PS4 on. They also aren't always on time.

Their $7 plan isn't that bad for what you get, but....well, you know. Daisuki is free now, there are other free alternatives, etc.

Dead

well not really...yet
I got Crunchyroll premium the other day in order to catch up on Kill la Kill, and honestly the quality is pretty fucking amazing on my TV playing on my PS4. Looks way better on Ipad too (where the daisuki app doesnt even work every time i tried i)

Ill probably keep it. $7 a month is nothing, at least until I run out of shit to watch I suppose.

PK Gaming

RIP super awesome red track suit
kill142.jpg

Episode 14- Episode 15

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 15:

Wow, that was certainly an adrenaline filled roller coaster of anime action insanity, I am actually glad the manic pacing is back it makes this show so much more enjoyable to watch. Anyway, I suppose it is good to know that Satsuki is not only an ardent Yu-Gi-Oh! player but an member of The Light from Young Justice. Meanwhile Monkey D. Matoi finds the heart of the cards and has become the most literally hot blooded shonen protagonist ever committed to animation. Also, I miss the track suits already, all of them.

Giolon

Is crunchyroll worth the monthly?

If you watch other stuff, yeah.

I bought it just to watch Naruto alone when it first started up subscriptions. Now they stream the majority of shows. The price of 1 new console game for access to HD streams, no ads, use on mobile and console devices, and supporting the anime industry for a whole year? Easily worth it IMO.

Time to finally watch this week's KLK!

I still think that the pacing is pretty bad but man those transformation sequences and comical scenes make it worth it.

Episode 16 gonna be realer than real.

Kill la Kill Episode 15:

Wow, that was certainly an adrenaline filled roller coaster of anime action insanity, I am actually glad the manic pacing is back it makes this show so much more enjoyable to watch. Anyway, I suppose it is good to know that Satsuki is not only an ardent Yu-Gi-Oh! player but an member of The Light from Young Justice. Meanwhile Monkey D. Matoi finds the heart of the cards and has become the most literally hot blooded shonen protagonist ever committed to animation. Also, I miss the track suits already, all of them.

The fight on the crashing tower

EctjB8p.png

Thoraxes

Kill la Kill - 15

Sheeeeeet that was insane. And the preview. The
battle was insane, the tower stuff was awesome, and I really liked how each of the kamui evolved even further. It's a shame what happened to most of Nudist Beach, but next episode should provide a new direction. Sensei getting naked then having glowing nipples at the end was great.
Really looking forward to what happens next! The action was fantastic this episode, and personally
I can't wait for Satsuki's hubris to become her downfall. Her getting caught off-guard in this episode was just the tip.

Fuuuuuuck next week is going to take forever to come. The preview man,
I can't wait to finally find out all the info about Dr. Matoi. He was obviously an incredible man, but what was his mission and what did he strive to achieve? I really want to know everything!

Giolon

Super awesome episode. The fights were all fun, and I really, really got a kick out of
Mako v Gamagoori
and the whole sequence on the radio tower.

I cannot get enough of this show. It's got, what, 9 episodes left to stick the landing? If it manages to, I'll be having to pick this show up, even if it's at retarded Aniplex prices.

It's solidly in my top 5 favorite series of all time.

Edit: I can't remember, has there ever been any mention of Ryuuko's mom?

fallagin

Kill la Kill - 15

Sheeeeeet that was insane. And the preview. The
battle was insane, the tower stuff was awesome, and I really liked how each of the kamui evolved even further. It's a shame what happened to most of Nudist Beach, but next episode should provide a new direction. Sensei getting naked then having glowing nipples at the end was great.
Really looking forward to what happens next! The action was fantastic this episode, and personally
I can't wait for Satsuki's hubris to become her downfall. Her getting caught off-guard in this episode was just the tip.

Fuuuuuuck next week is going to take forever to come. The preview man,
I can't wait to finally find out all the info about Dr. Matoi. He was obviously an incredible man, but what was his mission and what did he strive to achieve? I really want to know everything!

Yeah, will be awesome to get to the bottom of matoi's dad. He seemed to be a pretty selfish guy tbh. I'm not entirely certain he was working on the side of nudist beach. What I'm going to guess is that he wanted to suplant Satsuki's family as the top dogs maybe. I could be wrong and maybe he was more noble than he seemed.

TheOGB

Banned
I'm having a ball

Okay, episode impressions:
- It's hilarious how accurate the dialogue I was making up was
- Aikuro <3
-
still love randomly giant Gamagoori
-
Sanageyama deflowered that guy with a kendo stick. Good lord.
- Whoever said Satsuki and Ryuko were on that Sasuke and Naruto otp shit was totally right, lol. And Gama-chan seems to have Mako on the mind a lot... You could say that's just because he's the head disciplinarian, but I know better than to use logic in anime! The cutest explanation is the best explanation!
- It is hilarious how accurate the dialogue I was making up was
-
These Nudist Beach mechs are hilariously weird, but it's great to see these guys finally come out of hiding to get into the action... unfortunately it was all according to Satsuki's keikaku, as usual
-
I'm liking the new 3-Star uniforms. Gama-chan's mk.II looking like Anakaris, and the Darkstalkers connections continue to grow... This pleases me.
-
Since when did Senjin mode feature Wolverine claws? :p
-
Damn Satsuki, why'd you have to come at Nonon like that and she's helping you out? Lmao
- Again, pretty nice action sequence here.
- More Gama/Mako OTP material
-
Damn Satsuki, you got knocked the fuck out. Listen to yo boy Gama and hold that L
- Mako jealous of Ryuko/Senketsu OTP and Satsuki ain't even tryin to hear that
-
And we close out with more keikaku. In the next episode, the truth finally revealed! Aikuro will finally shed light on the mystery surrounding Isshin Matoi. Plus, something that changes Satsuki's expression?! All this and more, next time on Dragonball Z Kill la Kill!

Pretty good episode overall.

Edit: I can't remember, has there ever been any mention of Ryuuko's mom?
She's dead

Pappasman

Ever since Nui showed up I feel that the show has been lacking direction, hopefully next episode puts everything back on track.

Good episode overall though. The new 3 star uniforms are awesome.

So is there another preview online or were we getting trolled at the end?

Soma

Definitely a top five episode for me so far.

The show has been pretty up and down for the past few episodes but this was a return to form in terms of action and ridiculousness.

- The new Elite Four outfits are improvements save for maybe Gama's. His WHIP OF LOVE better still be intact.
- Nudist Beach has the weirdest mech designs ever.
- Gama X Mako OTP confirmed yet again.
- Best fight between Satsuki and Ryuuko yet.
- And hey looks like we'll be getting some information from Aikuro next week.

Not the huge #GAMECHANGER a lot of people were expecting but enough happened to leave me very satisfied by the end. This shit was fun as hell.

Dresden

look at all this

one true pairingness

even if it's you

---

That was fun. Feels bad that they're moving straight back to familiar locales, though.

e: seeing more cracks appear on Satsuki's (sand) castle of bullshit is good. Lots of crude, vulgar humor - the episode opens up with Mikisugi's panties falling to the floor as he assembles the Nudist troops - and there was like thirty seconds of animation, which was awesome.

Odrion

Banned
Yeah, really fun episode. When they went back to the single frame sword fighting I audibly moaned, thankfully it got more impressive than that!

So uh, is Nudist Beach torched? ALSO did they imply that Satsuki's crew were killing the Beach members? Kinda craps on that "Satsuki lives in a adolescent world where no one is killed/Raygo lives in an adult world where people do get killed" thing Duckroll was talking about. Shame too, it seems like this show takes every chance to piss on any sort of idea that there's more to the show than boobs and butts.

fallagin

Yeah, really fun episode. When they went back to the single frame sword fighting I audibly moaned, thankfully it got more impressive than that!

So uh, is Nudist Beach torched? ALSO did they imply that Satsuki's crew were killing the Beach members? Kinda craps on that "Satsuki lives in a adolescent world where no one is killed/Raygo lives in an adult world where people do get killed" thing Duckroll was talking about. Shame too, it seems like this show takes every chance to piss on any sort of idea that there's more to the show than boobs and butts.

Well, I think that is part of the show. Satsuki is trying to break into the adult world and killing off nudist beach is a way to legitimize herself in front of her parents. The show is extremely vague about when people die though. The only 100% for sure death, from what I can tell, is Ryuko's dad.

sonicmj1

I liked this episode a lot. It was the fight between Ryuuko and Satsuki that the election arc had been leading into. So I guess that reflects how messy the writing has been, but it was a cool fight. It even went back and forth a bit! And had moments of standout animation!

I hope this is the beginning of the show getting back on track, now that they're finally starting to peel back the layers of mystery they've established, and now that Ryuuko seems to have something to fight for.

Dresden

Well, I think that is part of the show. Satsuki is trying to break into the adult world and killing off nudist beach is a way to legitimize herself in front of her parents. The show is extremely vague about when people die though. The only 100% for sure death, from what I can tell, is Ryuko's dad.

Well,
if the ANSWERS they're hinting at for ep16 turns out to be the ever-popular 'snktsu = pops' theory,
that's gone too!

Hoping it's something totally nonsensical, though.

Feep

Banned
That Mexican standoff shot was incredible.

Best episode since before the Elite Four fights!

Edit: I love Gamagoori and Mako having a *thing*.

Defuser

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ep 15 fight vs Kill la Kill ep 15 fight. Go! Go! Go!

Gamagoori upgraded from masochist Ironman into masochist Hulkbuster.

Soriku

Oh damn. This might've been the best episode yet IMO. I was kind of losing interest but this episode pulled me back in again fully. The whole episode was TTGL levels of crazy.

Next ep should be good too.

LordCanti

Most of the back story seems to be in the OP (full version) if you actually listen to the lyrics. I'm not expecting too many surprises on that front.

A-V-B

Oh God, I really hope they do not go that route.

It's not that much of a twist, come on.

Also,
Satsuki could still not be killing anyone. She's just turning everyone she defeats into life fibers, so in theory they live on in clothing -- just not as whole suits. Senketsu being a being made entirely of Dr. Matoi's life (fibers) could be a technique the old Doc took with him from Ragyo's labs or something.

Cybran

Neo Member
a technique the old Doc took with him from Ragyo's labs or something.

Was it ever mentioned that Isshin Matoi worked for Ragyo? From what I remember from episode 3, there were 2 rival tailoring families the Matois vs the Kiryuins. Nui killed Isshin so that no one else in the world can make Kamui except for them.

I guess the whole story will come out in episode 16 so digging further into it is pointless.

It looks like another "pair" has been revealed.

NotLiquid

The Good:
- Budget is finally showing
- Ryuko getting an unexpected upper hand on Satsuki and showing some new tricks
- Minor Mako and Gamagoori personal banter

The Bad:
- Mako and Gamagoori personal relations ain't exemplified enough dammit. Come on you guys, banter more!
- Satsuki still gets away with it. Mostly.
- Why is everything in this show a goddamn ruse

This was such a hot/cold episode for me. It did a lot that I hoped the series would finally get around doing but just felt like it didn't do those things enough and couldn't quite hit it out of the park.

I still maintain my problem that the entirety of this show has been villains losing or doing something as part of a never before implied scheme to make them look perfect, or just pulling a victory out their asses when they feel like exemplifying Ryuko's lack of character growth. This episode feels perfect up until Nudist Beach intervenes. Then it goes down the stinker when this ridiculous commotion was just to flush them out, which simultaneously takes a huge dump on the "Satsuki wants an army to take on her mother" theory. Then Ryuko decides to do something worth a damn that Satsuki doesn't expect and it starts looking better for her as a character, including the animation. Then Nonon's all "oops I killed them all".

This series is like having sex with someone that keeps edging and refuses to climax. It's still good but god does it wear you out and make you feel like you're not good enough for it.

LordCanti

Don't worry, it's been brewing for a while now. Senketsu is
Nui.

You know that scene in Monogatari Season 2 where
Nadeko jumps out of the shrine and yells "NADEKOOO DAYO!!!!!!!!"
?

It would be amazing if she went to put on Senketsu one morning and once she got what she thought was Senketsu on her body, she'd look over at a mirror to find out that she was wearing Nui, at which point Nui would yell "NUIIII DAYOOOOO" and then whatever "It was me Austin, it was meee the wholeeee timeeeee" is in Japanese.

Why does no one let me write this stuff? It would be so much better.

NotLiquid

Also part of me is disappointed that the idea of Ryuko wearing Senketsu without the restrictors isn't played with a bit more, such as the suit enveloping her entire body or giving it a different look. It would have made more sense if her entire body was boiling and not just her left hand.

Evilisk

What was the
big game changer
that the new OP was held back for again?

Anyway, general thoughts. I thought this was the best episode since Nui was introduced. I think though I've still got that big problem of being more hyped about the next episode than I am for the current one (something I've been having for about 5 episodes now) but at least this episode was decently interesting.

Good
+All of the new uniform's, except Inu's, were pretty great. Yamcha looks great now though I'm still not expecting much and while I'm disappointed that the Kerrigan-Kamina Shades look was dropped, the new Nonon uniform is just as good IMO
+Finally get to see Nudist Beach in action though what they ended up doing by the end is a different story...
+We actually got a decent fight for once. I love how Ryuuko has gone from getting a single drop of blood on Satsuki's face back in episode 1 to smattering Satsuki's face in it, and then giving her that cathartic as hell punch straight after
+Also like others have said, there's a lot of Ship La Ship material this episode which was sort of cute (though it's definitely going to be annoying later on, I just know it)
+Nui didn't show up so that's something, I hope they kill that boring generic moe blob soon

Bad
-Inu's uniform was bad, and that tacky gold trim wasn't that great either
-That awful world building again. Lol at having Nudist Beach be completely shut down by not even the full strength of the Kiryuins, and of course that sudden reveal that Zeni guy's actually pretty important would have been a lot nicer to know a couple of episodes back
-The whole glove issue was dumb. I mean besides the obvious retcon, I thought it would have been cool to have her power up without using it, sort of as a permanent way to show her renewed bond with Senketsu. It's nothing big but it would have been nice to have something visually different from before at least.
-Did they really have to recycle the worst of last episode? I really could have done without that amateurish Sumo Club animation...
-It was super tacky that Ryuuko has somehow gone from fighting only for Senketsu, to fighting to stop Satsuki/fight for her friends especially in the space of one episode.
-RIP Tracksuit Ryuuko

Top Bottom