• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Ok episode if only to see Satsuki get knocked down a peg.

I'm betting she lost on purpose.

Also does anyone who knows Japanese understand what "Life Fiber Synchronization" is in Japanese? I keep hearing it different ways and it is pissing me off.

じんいいったい?

LordCanti

hrEICjm.jpg

It's happpennninggggggg

soc

Also does anyone who knows Japanese understand what "Life Fiber Synchronization" is in Japanese? I keep hearing it different ways and it is pissing me off.

じんいいったい?

According to Wikipedia it's 人衣一体 (じんいいったい) for Ryuuko and 人衣圧倒 (じんいあっとう) for Satsuki.

LordCanti

Edit: By the way, did the preview for 16 ever make it online somewhere? The full 30 sec one, not the short one?

wB1vixf.jpg

qmyQVgk.gif

(This is also happening. Not sure how I feel about this. Monster and Monster Ecchi? Mmm...)

This is the ship that will save anime, believe

Mako will have to get over the tragic loss of Ryuko if Mako la Mako is going to happen. That ship has run its course.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, after 2-star Fight Club Mako, there's no way she'll ever betray Ryuko ever again. At least not in any relatively meaningful way.

LordCanti

Yeah, after 2-star Fight Club Mako, there's no way she'll ever betray Ryuko ever again. At least not in any relatively meaningful way.

Yeah, if she was going to heel turn, she'd have heel turned. I think we're going to have to live with the whole "They cut to a scene where a bunch of people had been kicked to shit by someone with a broom, cut away, then had Mako show up with a broom" thing as a Red Herring. It would be cool if they used file footage of her kicking ass with a broom as proof that she could be trained though; I think Nudist Beach is going to "train" the both of them.

But Mako died in episode 15. The Mako we see at the end is
Nui

IT'S ME AUSTIN! IT WAS ME THE WHOLEEEEE TIMEEEEEEEEEE.

Evilisk

But Mako died in episode 15. The Mako we see at the end is
Nui

Calling it now: Next ep Mako betrays Ryuko and sides with Gamagoori.

What if, Mako's family are actually puppets being controlled by Mako, like Nui with the Discipline Students and her disguise

And Mako has been working with Ragyo the whole time as a spy keeping an eye on Satsuki

It would explain why Nui hasn't taken an interest in Mako even though she pretty much reversed the whole Berserk Kamui process...

LordCanti

What if, Mako's family are actually puppets being controlled by Mako, like Nui with the Discipline Students and her disguise

And Mako has been working with Ragyo the whole time as a spy keeping an eye on Satsuki

It would explain why Nui hasn't taken an interest in Mako even though she pretty much reversed the whole Berserk Kamui process...

What if Nui is also Mako's puppet and it's a long ass con to make Ryuko stronger, but Ragyo isn't aware that she's being double crossed?

What if Mako....is Satsuki and Ryuko's father?

Kazzy

KLK isn't as blatantly ridiculous as PSG was, obviously, but I really don't see where the intent to make a serious message is in KLK. The plot just feels like a vehicle for cool fights.

Is it ? Well, they've pretty much failed on that up until this point. One of KLK's core problems is the distinct lack of action, at least portrayed in a meaningful way. There's just so many shortcuts in the action and how they convey it - meaning anything that does happen, feels overwhelmingly tepid. There's a distinct lack of emotional investment.

Air

Banned

じんいいったい?

Yeah I can see that, but atleast the illusion is there. I'm waiting for the ending where she really loses everything and she says how it was all according to plan, than she flies into and becomes the sun in all of her ridiculousness.

so1337

Yes. They are supposed to be German. Which the Japanese can't really pronounce well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkt_Nwu3vLw (the first is the Japanese audio track, trying to do German)
Oh, wow. It's interesting that the Ragyo theme sounds like some kind of evocative foreign language to me while the delivery in that NGE clip is just straight up broken German.

Also goes to show that a French accent makes any language sexier.

Cybran

Neo Member
Oh, wow. It's interesting that the Ragyo theme sounds like some kind of evocative foreign language to me while the delivery in that NGE clip is just straight up broken German.

The composer likes German which is evident in the Attack on Titan sountrack which he also made.
By looking at the lyrics one can speculate that the song is about someone that has given up on fighting the injust and cruel world of fascism (which is the theme of the series) and has instead become part of it.

The song is about "weeding out withered flowers" and about "not being free from this world". The most interesting part is where she asks "What do you want from me? Whether I want ort not I have to fight my enemy." which could indicate some Ragyo drama.

A-V-B

Nui was about to kill Mako moments before the reversal. She's interested, other things are just more important right now.

Top Bottom