• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Evilisk

Nui was about to kill Mako moments before the reversal. She's interested, other things are just more important right now.

It was only half serious lol

There's no way it would work in the first place just because of episode 4 (Mako family getting nosebleeds all over the place)

It's still weird though that while Nui is still interested, Ragyo doesn't really seem to care about it (they definitely weren't talking about that at all when they had that meeting back in episode 13)

Also I don't remember her necessarily wanting to kill Mako, it definitely wasn't outright said she was going to do that

LordCanti

vTRzats.jpg

Nice.

A-V-B

Also I don't remember her necessarily wanting to kill Mako, it definitely wasn't outright said she was going to do that

She didn't have to say it. Mako was a pathetic little insect getting in the way of seeing Ryuuko completely fall in berserk mode. Nui was moving in the for the kill, and only Satsuki stopped her. I mean, Villain Playbook 101 there. Don't need a speech. The threat's obvious :p

I thought the English in that song was fine for the most part. I can understand most of it at least.

The pronunciation is correct...and that's about it. The song is just kind of fucked up.

Here are some examples:

Cuz I see you feeling down
I'll be trying to calm and fade it

But you don't wanna turn around
Teenage is so complicated

Its such a pain in the neck
we have homework by tomorrow

to fly away from your past is not so easy
but dizzy

But you were gonna beat them all,
loner girl is hard to crumble

The sky above your thick cloud is not so gritty
but pretty

The pronunciation is correct...and that's about it. The song is just kind of fucked up.

Here are some examples:

Cuz I see you feeling down
I'll be trying to calm and fade it

But you don't wanna turn around
Teenage is so complicated

Its such a pain in the neck
we have homework by tomorrow

to fly away from your past is not so easy
but dizzy

But you were gonna beat them all,
loner girl is hard to crumble

The sky above your thick cloud is not so gritty
but pretty

I consider that pretty decent for Japan though. I can at least understand what they're trying to capture in those lyrics. It is unintentionally like poetry. And I can understand the individual phonemes when they sing them. A+ effort.

Vito

Banned
That statement is pretty dumb, it's just a thanks for reaching a certain number of twitter followers. Don't think it's worth for them to commission a new illustration and I think most sites recycle assets for such promotions.

Reason I even mentioned is cause not everyone keeps tracks of scans and Newtype, so to some people this might be actually a new piece of art.

Giolon

That statement is pretty dumb, it's just a thanks for reaching a certain number of twitter followers. Don't think it's worth for them to commission a new illustration and I think most sites recycle assets for such promotions.

Reason I even mentioned is cause not everyone keeps tracks of scans and Newtype, so to some people this might be actually a new piece of art.

Exactly. It's new to me, and is likely going to be my wallpaper desktop when I get home from work!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Spoilerish info, I don't think this was posted. Translation from /a/:

--

Info about the second half

-From this point on, the show is "Ryuuko's counterattack"
-Up until episode 15, Ryuuko was just being led around by Satsuki. She became part of her system. In episode 15, Ryuuko has become an irregularity. She has opened her eyes and is ready to fight back.
-Now it's the time for Ryuuko to fight back. She has overcome her anger, the revenge has become a secondary purpose. By giving the sword back, Ryuuko completely betrayed Satsuki's expectations. Ryuuko's true story starts from this piint on.
-Ryuuko is a child, just a teenage student. But now she has to grow-up. Ryuuko won't stay as the "transfer student". Ryuuko journey into the adult world is just starting. From episode 16 we will get a WOW! sort of Ryuuko.
-The adult world composed of Nudist Beach and REVOCS will be integral to the second half of the story.
-Wolverine and Spiderman references were intended.
-The ED changed from red to blue because it changed from Ryuuko's arteries to Ryuuko's veins. Ryuuko was fueled by burning red (anger), now she is powered by warm blue (passion).
-Nudist Beach hasn't lost their relevance at all. Their true purpose, their relation to REVOCS and Aikurou's true identity will open the door to the second half.
-Gamagori is genuinely kind, he likes Mako.
-OP and ED will change, Mako will have a big role here!
http://www.excite.co.jp/News/reviewmov/20140127/E1390758079003.html

Evilisk

--

-Up until episode 15, Ryuuko was just being led around by Satsuki. She became part of her system. In episode 15, Ryuuko has become an irregularity. She has opened her eyes and is ready to fight back.
-Now it's the time for Ryuuko to fight back. She has overcome her anger, the revenge has become a secondary purpose. By giving the sword back, Ryuuko completely betrayed Satsuki's expectations. Ryuuko's true story starts from this piint on.
-Ryuuko is a child, just a teenage student. But now she has to grow-up. Ryuuko won't stay as the "transfer student". Ryuuko journey into the adult world is just starting. From episode 16 we will get a WOW! sort of Ryuuko.
-The adult world composed of Nudist Beach and REVOCS will be integral to the second half of the story.
-The ED changed from red to blue because it changed from Ryuuko's arteries to Ryuuko's veins. Ryuuko was fueled by burning red (anger), now she is powered by warm blue (passion).
-Nudist Beach hasn't lost their relevance at all. Their true purpose, their relation to REVOCS and Aikurou's true identity will open the door to the second half.

I think it's pretty obvious that Gamagoori is a decent guy outside of working under Satsuki...

The rest is certainly interesting. I also read somewhere on /a/ before that
the ED would be about Mako's feelings to Ryuuko, IIRC on that last part

Thoraxes

--

OTP OTP

Based TRIGGER.

Also, all that sounds good. It tells me enough without really explaining what any of the content will actually be. The
blood changes are pretty cool, and I knew there had to be more to all that.
Gonna be great!

Yonafunu

TheOGB

Banned

--

Well alright then, show me. Let's see far things can escalate in 8-10 episodes.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

--

For some reason this came to mind.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

--

I am very excited for the new OP and ED
Especially the OP, since Garnidelia is awesome unit :)

sample song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJlfpEhmVoE

duckroll

Availability Notes:
Due to production issues, Kill La Kill episode 16 will launch approximately 12 hours later. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Lol. Looks like Crunchyroll's problems continue. It's starting to affect a bunch of other shows too.

Top Bottom