• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Evilisk

That OP is just :/

ED just confirms that a Mako spinoff would be much better

Now to wait for Crunchyroll subs

1390964810682.gif

Zeroth

That scene was certainly..... something. Overall I liked the episode, the reveal was so ridiculous I couldn't help but smile all the way through.

Dead

well not really...yet
Ive been catching up on this series (looks glorious on my new TV!)

It's agreed that the episode where Mako gets a Uniform is fucking great right?

daveo42

Banned
A good amount of exposition this time around, which helps to explain a lot, even if some of it is kind of crazy.

Life fibers are space wool who made us evolve. I'm really glad I didn't see that coming at all. It's so off the wall, but it works. This is what makes them so dangerous, at least when active. That plan to cover the world seems pretty nasty too, as clothes take over bodies and feed on people after being dormant for so long.

More info about Ryuuko's dad, Nudist Beach, and everything else was really nice and will work well in giving this show a bit more depth on its lead up to the final battles. I wish we had more info on Isshin though...

Lastly, that scene with Ragyo and Satsuki was really...well...I'm sure someone wanted that to happen, but I'm not one of them. I could have probably done without it, but whatever. A little freak nasty between mother and daughter.

New ED is great, but the first OP was better. I think my nude body is ready to blast towards whatever is going to happen next.

Pretty good episode. Ragyo continues to be insane....
and super creepy
yet sexy....

Still waiting to hear if Junketsu can talk by the way

Well that was certainly an episode...

The
Ragyo Satsuki bath scene was something i really didn't want to see and I was pretty put off by it. It was interesting to see Satsuki so vulnerable after her fight. That plot development though.

Kyuur

This episode was amazing. I think the second half of this really has the potential to be something special, we just need to see if they can pull it off with the episodes they left.

I'm now wondering how Goku Uniforms work,
as I don't ever remember it being implied that the uniforms were feeding off of the students like Kamui do. Are they the same as normal Revocs clothing?

fallagin

This episode was amazing. I think the second half of this really has the potential to be something special, we just need to see if they can pull it off with the episodes they left.

I'm now wondering how Goku Uniforms work,
as I don't ever remember it being implied that the uniforms were feeding off of the students like Kamui do. Are they the same as normal Revocs clothing?

I guess the idea is that
Goku uniforms dont confer as much power, but they also dont need as much life energy.

TheOGB

Banned
Dat Sexy Sensei Nudist! What a fabulous motherfucker
and nice David Bowie and Michael Jackson references at the tail end of that, lol. Gotta watch again and see if he had a Freddie Mercury look.

But man, that was a damn good episode. Intro was great, reveals were fucking nuts, stakes were raised, and goals became clear. I've got a good feeling about the rest of the show from this point on. Now, for some more in-depth thoughts.

- First, back to Ragyo. Holy shit, lady.
That bath house scene was damn near perfect. It was uncomfortable and it was fucked up. And because of it, I genuinely do not like Ragyo anymore. Which is great! In a show where I've liked pretty much every character introduced (Nui, however, was ruined by episode 13), it is nice to finally have someone to root against. Before this scene Ragyo was just another fabulous motherfucker, but this straight up molestation (and that crazy creepface) sealed the deal and drove the point home that she is bad news, brother. Now I actually care that she be defeated and her plans stopped. Fuck Ragyo! And fuck Nui and her "I'm everybody everywhere cuz I do what I want" ass! ...Honestly though, I still like Hououmaru because she looks cool, and hope that doesn't change, but it might. :<

- Life Fibers. Wow.
Certainly didn't see aliens coming. But it was a pleasant surprise. And if nothing else, the hopes for the show to eventually head into space have been revived, which is a plus in my book.

- Side characters were great this episode.
Already talked a bit about Aikuro, (LET'S SKINNY DIVING!) but Mako also contributed some funny bits to the mix. I kept laughing every time she fell asleep at the end. Still love that Tsumugu is always ready to throw down and don't give no fucks. What I look forward to is the Elite Four learning the truth if they don't already know, and how they'll react to that.

That new ending song aaaaaahhhhh! First listen earlier it just seemed alright, but hearing it again there was just something about it I really liked. I was much more into it this time, and Mako being adorable is always good stuff.

Again, damn good episode, nice setup for what's to come.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 16

The true plot is no unveiled and it turns out it is Chrono Trigger. The Original Life FIber is Lavos, Ragyo is Queen Zeal, Satsuki is Magus and Nui is Dalton. This is all making sense, this is all making way too much sense. Also I now want Kill la Kill x Chrono Trigger fanart NOW!

ep 16

Best info dump ever. Life Fibers confirmed to be Spiral energy!

You know, the scope has kind of been raised ridiculously in this single episode. With the revelation of
a greater threat than even Ragyou
, At this point, Satsuki and the elite four shouldn't even be a factor. I can't imagine everything will be concluded in just 8 episodes unless they adopt the pacing of Gurren Lagann's final 4-5 episodes, which would be fuckin amazing and probably well beyond what Trigger is capable of with their current resources.

Either way, I'm psyched to see where things go from here. The promise of something absolutely amazing is here, but how they pull it off will be important. I have faith that these guys can turn the final third of the show into something super special.

Evilisk

Alright just finished watching, some thoughts.

I've already tossed my opinion of the OP and ED. It's like they were trying to cram some of the worst of KLK's budget problems (CG and barely there animation) into the OP which was a big letdown. I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss the old OP already.

As for the reveals, they were okay. I'm personally not so good with
the Aliens. It was nice it wasn't the most obvious theory (Life Fibers = People) but I'm already rolling my eyes at the whole thought of fighting in space. At this point I've gotten used to KLK being a different beast from TTGL so it'll be lame if they go the same route anyway.

It was nice to finally get some explanation though I can't say I like that this show seemingly can't have decent action AND exposition in the same episode; that they have to dedicate entire episodes to one or the other to get a decent amount of either is pretty dumb. Ragyou scene got its point across, nothing else to say about that.

Best things about this episode were dirty old man Isshin and Aikuro's clothing throughout the ages segment, but that's honestly not saying a whole lot. Everything else was okay. Still waiting on Maiko (if she doesn't get an appearance after all then I'm vindicated on Episode 4 being Filler, yes I'm still salty about Episode 4).

Also I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen with this Culture and Sports Festival, but considering that both Nonon and Yamcha are head of each of these under Satsuki, I'm guessing they're going to get involved next episode.

Reversed

Is there an explanation for Aikuro's shining nipples?
I can understand the rest because of lol censorship, but the nipples?

Evilisk

Is there an explanation for Aikuro's shining nipples?
I can understand the rest because of lol censorship, but the nipples?

There's some theories going around that he's actually
Satsuki's dad
. I don't have the full image with the theory (there is this one image that shows him in a white business suit,
like Satsuki's dad wears in episode 3
), but one of the points is that the only other characters that shine at all are Satsuki and Ragyou.

TCKaos

Episode 16 Review:

Shinji_EoE_So_Fucked_Up.jpeg

Life Fibers
are LCL. The original fiber is Lilith. COVERS is the Human Instrumentality Project

Dresden

16: That was fun.

I like the reveal in that it finally brings some focus to the narrative and sets up a clear ending arc for the series. It does trivialize the first half of the show, and it doesn't do anything to characterize Ryuko, but at this point both of those things were beyond fixing anyways.

- the
life fiber chamber
looked good.

- Satsuki's face loses that extraordinarily sharp jawline whenever she's feeling vulnerable, and the way it highlights her relationship with Ragu is pretty nice.

- the bath scene was gross.

- oh hey turns out that all the 'losses' suffered by nudist beach didn't really matter

- sad that Takarada basically got scrapped out of the story, since the
funding for beach
comes instead from
Dr. Matoi
; he was more interesting than most of the preexisting cast, and I'll miss his gross exuberance.

- the upcoming
festival
sounds like a good opportunity for
Satsuki to set up an ambush for her mother.

So are we on an "Anti-Spiral" plot now?

Nice to get some info on the whole Life Fibers deal and the role between NB and REVOCS.

And I think "Mama Radiance" has slightly turned up the creepy levels during that
bath
scene.

Liked the new OP, and the ED was cute.

So is
Ragyo an alien and Satsuki was adpoted?

Or she might be under the influence of the Life Fibers.

Feep

Banned
Goddamn that shit was weird.

Glad the plot finally went somewhere, though. I really liked the scene where
everything faded to black but the car's headlights, which turned into a Ragyo rainbow, which then dimmed out front of Satsuki's eyes.

Evilisk

- sad that Takarada basically got scrapped out of the story, since the
funding for beach
comes instead from
Dr. Matoi
; he was more interesting than most of the preexisting cast, and I'll miss his gross exuberance.

Aren't the Takarada's the other big conglomerate in Japan? Maybe he'll come in to play within the next few episodes since Japan isn't 100% under their control just yet (though considering this is Trigger, I'm not holding my breath)

A-V-B

Well that was certainly an episode...

The
Ragyo Satsuki bath scene was something i really didn't want to see and I was pretty put off by it.

Kind of the point, I'm sure. She's the bad guy, and if you (general you) found
a mother raping her daughter to be sexy, you got straight up issues.

A-V-B

Also I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen with this Culture and Sports Festival, but considering that both Nonon and Yamcha are head of each of these under Satsuki, I'm guessing they're going to get involved next episode.[/SPOILER]

Oh, shit. Ragyo's going to
try and force Satsuki's friends to kill each other off in the arena as part of her plan. That fucking bitch!

Fuzzery

Kill la Kill Episode 16

The true plot is no unveiled and it turns out it is Chrono Trigger. The Original Life FIber is Lavos, Ragyo is Queen Zeal, Satsuki is Magus and Nui is Dalton. This is all making sense, this is all making way too much sense. Also I now want Kill la Kill x Chrono Trigger fanart NOW!

So good.

Giolon

That
Bath
Scene. Wow...that was something. I didn't find it as bad as some here did apparently. It was a bit shocking, but I wasn't put off by it.

Life Fibers = Lavos

Ragyo is so fabulously radiant. I can't get enough of her in the show.

I also love how Nui is really just a troll now. I can't get enough of her either.

So, yeah, this show went to exactly the kind of absolutely stupid place I hoped it would. Kill la Kill hasn't disappointed me yet. It's still sitting pretty near the top of my all time faves list.

Odrion

Banned
This show is at it's most fun when there's no action.

Also that bath scene was gross. God damn it anime, you do it every time! >:\

Top Bottom