• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Thoraxes

Bath scene did it's job in making me uncomfortable. Still enjoyed it because I love Romi Park. Oh and the infodump was pretty neat, helps set things up. Not much to complain about, 9/10 episode.

Also, every recap in every anime should be condensed to 2 minutes and set to the Infernal Galop. And the new OP proves that Nonon has the best big hat collection.

Wait Ragyo is Romi Park?

Oh my god, the bath scene makes sense now!
I really wanted a good excuse to post this cute video.
I thought
that clothing in general was something that the Life Fibers gave humanity. But I guess it wouldnt make sense if all clothes already had Life Fibers, or else REVOCS would have won by now.

Life fibers choose to evolve humans because they were the most developed creatures on the planet at the time. Ragyo is the one putting inactive fibers in all the clothes by REVOCS so that when REVOCS provides clothes for 100% of the world by complete market domination, she can activate the fibers and they can feed off of humanity.
Its why they're so focused on taking over everywhere too.

LeleSocho

Banned
Every time i see Kyriuin mom i see this.

silenepdvd_011.jpg

bwahwahwahwah can't unsee now.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dat bath Skinship scene!

My speculation
Life Fiber manage to take over Ragyou body. From the explanation, we know that living thing will get killed if life fiber are augmented into their body, but Ragyou probably an exception, thus explaining her ambition to spread revocs cloth

Irnbru

Kill la Kill Episode 16

The true plot is no unveiled and it turns out it is Chrono Trigger. The Original Life FIber is Lavos, Ragyo is Queen Zeal, Satsuki is Magus and Nui is Dalton. This is all making sense, this is all making way too much sense. Also I now want Kill la Kill x Chrono Trigger fanart NOW!

Bwahaha, my thoughts exactly, all that's missing is a change the music scene.

Bombless

Has there been an anime episode that delivers on EVERY and ALL fronts like that? From the
recap intro
to the
insanely awesome plot reveals
to the new OP and ED? This ep gets pretty damn close.

Even the
bath
scene serves a purpose. I'm fairly certain now that Ragyu is
not human or no longer human
. She looks downright
vampiric
there, contemplating
her prey

It's also clear that Satsuki has been
bidding her time before overthrowing her mother's rule
. Her experiments about
attempting to control life fibers
clearly go against REVOCS' goal.

We're getting one step closer to Ryuko/Satsuki
duo
!

Bring on the next episoooooooode!

Andrew J.

Does anyone in this thread remember s-CRY-ED? That's just the only example I can think of that has a pair of lead characters who remained fundamentally antagonistic even while cooperating against common foes, which is where I see this series going.

DominoKid

Does anyone in this thread remember s-CRY-ED? That's just the only example I can think of that has a pair of lead characters who remained fundamentally antagonistic even while cooperating against common foes, which is where I see this series going.

Yeah. Scryed was awesome.

LordCanti

I would have never guessed that KLK would come in second for GAF AOTY. Good job people!
I didn't vote

I don't know how I feel about this, but only because Uchouten Kazoku narrowly missed #2 (UK was sogood.gif).

It started off stronger than it has really been since. Those first four or five episodes were stellar and then it kind of leveled out and never got there again. It's still really good, it's just not the savior of anime.

Now....

If Mako could somehow get much more involved.....

Dresden

9SgGqMK.png

this amused me

Curse of the Colonel (カーネルサンダースの呪い Kāneru Sandāsu no Noroi?) refers to an urban legend regarding a reputed curse placed on the Japanese Kansai-based Hanshin Tigers baseball team by deceased KFC founder and mascot Colonel Harland Sanders.

The curse was said to be placed on the team because of the Colonel's anger over treatment of one of his store-front statues, which was thrown into the Dōtonbori River by celebrating Hanshin fans following their team's victory in the 1985 Japan Championship Series.

A-V-B

The extended preview makes me think maybe, just maybe something big might actually happen next episode (though I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.)

Also we've come such a long way from Satsuki with pants
(RIP Pants-uki ;_;)

The episode must be insane if on an extended preview, they loop the same second and a half of footage throughout the entire thing.

Top Bottom