• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

tumblr_n0f7htiN8k1t46pjso1_1280.jpg

Is the new OP available to buy yet? I'm a little behind with my news..

Kazzy

[Kill la Kill - 16]

aDfSxok.jpg

You know what? The reveal is silly, and it kind of betrays the original intent of the show, essentially rendering the majority of what proceeded this pointless, but at least it establishes a clear framework for how the rest of the season is going to go. Once the initial fervor surrounding “who killed my dad” was solved, Kill la Kill didn’t really seem to have much (or any) focus, essentially having the characters stuck in the same motions, bearing the same motivations, even thought the circumstances should have really developed beyond that point.

Yup, that bath scene was unneeded and completely lacking in any sort of justification. A very neat encapsulation of the puerile sensibilities that KLK exhibits, and continues to execute upon tactlessly. Its one thing to do things tongue in cheek – it’s another to be purposefully voyeuristic.

rexor0717

[Kill la Kill - 15]

aDfSxok.jpg

You know what? The reveal is silly, and it kind of betrays the original intent of the show, essentially rendering the majority of what proceeded this pointless, but at least it establishes a clear framework for how the rest of the season is going to go. Once the initial fervor surrounding “who killed my dad” was solved, Kill la Kill didn’t really seem to have much (or any) focus, essentially having the characters stuck in the same motions, bearing the same motivations, even thought the circumstances should have really developed beyond that point.

Yup, that bath scene was unneeded and completely lacking in any sort of justification. A very neat encapsulation of the puerile sensibilities that KLK exhibits, and continues to execute upon tactlessly. Its one thing to do things tongue in cheek – it’s another to be purposefully voyeuristic.

I wouldn't say it was unneeded. It probably the most effective way to show Satsuki's vulnerability when it comes to her mother. Was it creepy? Certainly.

Odrion

Banned
I wouldn't say it was unneeded. It probably the most effective way to show Satsuki's vulnerability when it comes to her mother. Was it creepy? Certainly.
Really, the most effective way? There wasn't any other way to portray it other than a creepy voyeuristic bath scene?

Soma

Really, the most effective way? There wasn't any other way to portray it other than a creepy voyeuristic bath scene?

I wouldn't say most effective but still pretty effective as it keeps in line with the theme of clothing and the power that it supposedly brings. Satsuki who has spent most of the show pushing this ideal onto everyone is seen at her most vulnerable in the absence of clothing. Adding this to the strained relationship with her mother and the superiority complex that must bring forth and you get a pretty effective way to portray someone who is usually in power being stripped of all that.

Now the whole "purification" thing is another story. Proooobably could've gone a different route with that whole thing. Then again it's not like this show has ever made any intentions to stop being purposefully voyeuristic since the very first episode.

TheOGB

Banned
I think it was just as good a scene for Ragyo as it was for Satsuki. There were other parts of the episode that showed Satsuki being vulnerable, but seeing how Ragyo preyed on that vulnerability showed just the kind of sicko we're dealing with here.

the bath scene, and generally satsuki's mother's penchant for inappropriately touching her daughter, gives me two impressions:

1) satsuki is at her mother mercy in every sense of the word. i assume they keep trying to go for a more figurative aspect but fail to do so by falling on the slightly crude side.

2) the whole touching and admiring her daughter's well-kept body (when her own is cut up and full of scars) leads me to believe that Satsuki is not a successor for her mother, but a literal replacement body.

her obsession with her daughters body is almost like a tailor looking at a piece of material and caressing it right before cutting it into a dress that will fit "just right".

IT PUTS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN!

NEO0MJ

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t31/1888988_10202545914741463_1248308068_o.jpg

What, what happened to sam's cyborg arm? Did Raiden regrow it for him? And how do rock hard chest muscles jiggle? This comic makes no sense.

Evilisk

Man, is it really that hard to post pixiv links if you're going to dumb a bunch of fanart?

Sorry about that, normally I just save images I like and then just backtrack to the artist if I'm really interested in an image so it didn't occur to me that I should post links

Vito

Banned
It's easier for me to bookmark the artist. Everyone should have a pixiv account! (but yeah the site itself is pretty dumb to navigate, you get used to it but still...). Sorry if I sounded obnoxious.

TheChits

AWESOME EPISODE. Holy shit.
The scene with Mako's family and Gamagori was hilarious. It was apparent that Satsuki was gonna betray her mom, but DAMN. Ragyo's outfit is so ridiculous that I can't help but love it

AWESOME EPISODE. Holy shit

Indeed it was. I am now really wondering how it is going to unravel

I don't think that
the Ragyo crucifixion is going to kill her tho
. I think Satsuki and Ryuku will
realize that they need to join forces to finish her and the life fibers off

Soma

YES

I knew that heel-face turn was coming for a long time but finally seeing it happen was still so damn satisfying.

Odrion

Banned
Oh shit, and now Senketsu is mentioning all that "Wheel of Life" stuff fans were speculating about.

Hey, this show is redeeming itself!

LordCanti

I saw it
coming weeks ago, but yeah, it was still cool to see her stab the shit out of her, even if it didn't...uhh...work. Probably should have had everyone attack at once, but what do I know.

It would be cool if we
time skipped and Makotaro was the new protagonist, all because he sold his clothes :p

That costume was riiiiiiiidicccccculoussssssssssssssssss.

VariantX

Ep. 17
Totally expected this to happen, just not in such a brutal fashion. Whats up with Ragyo's clown costume though lol

LordCanti

They've now hidden the
identity of Satsuki's father at least two times. It's got to be Stupid Sexy Sensei, right? Probably Ryuko's father as well somehow.

Oh and Mako continues to be the best. Her whole family is killing it right now.

Kyuur

Amazing episode.

I have to admit though, even though I was expecting it, the subtitles kind of ruined
Satsuki stabbing Ragyo, as I saw her speech got cut off and knew something was going to happen. Still great though, wasn't expecting the turn to happen in such a spectacular fashion.

I still think that Kill la Kill has managed to build one of my favorite casts ever.

Top Bottom