• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

NEO0MJ

Yamcha goes last so their rematch gets more time. Yamcha will most likely lose, if he does win I'm expecting Nui will pull out something like a second form. I just don't feasibly see Yamcha outright beating Nui when Ryuuko hasn't.

Like Ragyo I'm pretty sure Nui life fibers inside her body, that's the only way they can explain how she can brush off most opponents with ease. Wouldn't be strange at all for her to go second form when things go bad.

LordCanti

Yep, I was right. It's exactly what I expected.

Satsuki betrayed Ragyou... but Ragyou planned on Satsuki betraying her, anyway. The Ragyou Satsuki pierced is a puppet controlled by Nui.

And the Elite Four won't be able to do anything against Nui, she is actually the
final boss.

I don't know if that'll be the case, or if
Ragyo is just made of life fibers and can heal like crazy.

I'm hoping for the latter, because I really hate allaccordingtokeikaku.jpg.

Nui having any function past being the person carrying the other scissor needed to
chop the shit out of Ragyo and/or Yarn Ball Alien
is unacceptable. Unless she's someones father.

TheOGB

Banned
1SKUUNz.jpg

Meet the Madkanshoku family

Dresden

I loved that shot because you know it's how Gama sees Mako's family.

#otp

Nui having any function past being the person carrying the other scissor needed to
chop the shit out of Ragyo and/or Yarn Ball Alien
is unacceptable. Unless she's someones father.

Might not be coincidence that Mohawkman got new weapons and his relationship to the woman who was consumed was revealed/revisited this episode.

7Th

I don't know if that'll be the case, or if
Ragyo is just made of life fibers and can heal like crazy.

I'm hoping for the latter, because I really hate allaccordingtokeikaku.jpg.

No, it's definitely the first.
That's also the whole point of the multi-color threads Ragyou left behind for Nui; they were for the Ragyou puppet. The whole Festival thing was a trap to push Satsuki over the edge so Junketsu can consume her, they've been hinting at this since episode 13.

Quite possibly the worst tweest ever.

It's either her or Life Fiber Anti-Spiral.

7Th

Well yeah, the final boss is pretty clearly some sort of Life Fiber hive mind. Nui, on the other hand, has to get taken out so Satsuki can get the other scissor blade to use against the Life Fiber collective.

Nah,
the whole thing with Senketsu being the only Kamui willing to help humans makes it impossible for Satsuki to participate in the final battle.

Speaking of which, I guess
Junketsu taking over Satsuki's body also works for Final Boss.

NotLiquid

But she's probably the most threatening antagonist in the series right from the moment she was introduced, outside of maybe Ragyo.

You know I'm starting to think that the final battle will basically be Ragyo fueled by the massive Life Fibers she's stowed away and become a cosmic monstrosity. Maybe Nui will induce that kind of transformation in Ragyo too since she's clearly a psycho bitch and won't have anything else to use if she gets her Scissor Blade taken, which obviously has to happen before the final battle.

Nui strikes me as the kind of character who considers herself above approach and would probably string along Ragyo into becoming a final boss.

Kimawolf

Wow. That caught me off guard, it happened so fast hahaha. And I bet Nui is like, pure life fibers given human form. She shrugged off all damage BUT the scissor that took her eye. Rags fall will be epic when Nui is revealed to be legion.

But she's probably the most threatening antagonist in the series right from the moment she was introduced, outside of maybe Ragyo.

Yeah, that's why it feels so likely enough for me cringe. I feel like there's little we, or at least I, know about her other than the fact she's incredibly violent, cruel despite her mannerisms and shares the same sentiments on society and Life Fibers as Ragyo. But we still have, what, 9 episodes left? Hopefully I'm just writing her off too soon.

I'd figured before this episode was over, either Ragyo's "experiment" was going to commence, or Satsuki would turn on her own mother.

Never thought it'd be both, and I'm just as surprised as Ryuko.

LordCanti

No, it's definitely the first.
That's also the whole point of the multi-color threads Ragyou left behind for Nui; they were for the Ragyou puppet. The whole Festival thing was a trap to push Satsuki over the edge so Junketsu can consume her, they've been hinting at this since episode 13.

It's either her or Life Fiber Anti-Spiral.

We don't see Nui doing any sort of
puppeteering and as far as we know, she kind of has to be in close proximity to puppeteer anyway. We don't know that Ragyo left the threads; They could be weapons of some sort. Junketsu was promised to Satsuki by her father, and if we're to believe that Aikuro is her father, it'd be weird for the ultimate goal to somehow be Junketsu eating her unless Aikuro is going to heel turn.

This is all just me really hoping that something wasn't all according to keikaku for once in this damn show.

We know that Senketsu can only be heard by Ryuko because
her DNA is spliced in. Junketsu might be screaming about how Ragyo has subjugated the entirely peaceful race of alien yarn balls for all we know.

Dresden

Nui already pulled off a twist once, and it was terrible. Doing it again when the show is basically entering its ending arc is even worse.

NotLiquid

We know that Senketsu can only be heard by Ryuko because
her DNA is spliced in. Junketsu might be screaming about how Ragyo has subjugated the entirely peaceful race of alien yarn balls for all we know.

Speaking of this, I noticed this was really not talked about a lot but
am I the only one who believes the show was right about to gear up for a twist revealing that Kinue was Ryuko's mother, effectively making Tsumugu her uncle?

It would explain Tsumugu's similar hairstyle, and why Kinue was so set on having the research continue. Senketsu was being pursued for the sole interest of protecting Ryuko, who in this scenario would be Kinue's daughter.

Defuser

So Ragyo went from looking like Ultimecia into looking like Kefka. And Gamagoori already meeting Mako's family...yeah the shipping has sailed for it.

Anyways, I wonder the reason for Satsuki to betray Ragyo is because of Satsuki's father? She did reminisce on that time regarding her father talking about wedding dress. Something must have happen to him that warrants a betrayal to Ragyo.

LordCanti

am I the only one who believes the show was right about to gear up for a twist revealing that Kinue was Ryuko's mother, effectively making Tsumugu her uncle?

It would explain Tsumugu's similar hairstyle, and why Kinue was so set on having the research continue. Senketsu was being pursued for the sole interest of protecting Ryuko, who in this scenario would be her mother.

Aikuro said it was Ryuko's
DNA, but if it were her parent, it would make sense that her DNA was similar enough that she could hear Senketsu. I don't know if they're going there or not though. I have a really hard time believing that Dr. Matoi actually had a kid of his own, but that theory kind of makes sense. It makes a bit more sense that Ryuko would be Ragyo and Aikuro's daughter while Satsuki was Kinue's and Aikuro's though. Ryuko's hair could only have come from Ragyo's DNA, or at least one would think.

NotLiquid

Aikuro said it was Ryuko's
DNA, but if it were her parent, it would make sense that her DNA was similar enough that she could hear Senketsu. I don't know if they're going there or not though. I have a really hard time believing that Dr. Matoi actually had a kid of his own, but that theory kind of makes sense. It makes a bit more sense that Ryuko would be Ragyo and Aikuro's daughter while Satsuki was Kinue's and Aikuro's though. Ryuko's hair could only have come from Ragyo's DNA, or at least one would think.

We haven't actually seen Kinue's full hair though, and if Tsumugu's hair is anything to go by, his line of relatives might have black hair with red highlights. Something that Ryuko inhibits.

Despite people calling it into question I still believe Isshin actually was her dad, maybe cause it sounds sensible in the context of the show's silly narrative that an old guy would have an offspring with a young beautiful woman.

7Th

It would explain Tsumugu's similar hairstyle, and why Kinue was so set on having the research continue. Senketsu was being pursued for the sole interest of protecting Ryuko, who in this scenario would be Kinue's daughter.

You're most likely right; I'm sure Ryuuko is
Kinue's daughter and Tsumugu her uncle. They almost textually reveal it this week and I don't mean just the fact that she was close to Isshin; the reason Senketsu and Ryuuko can communicate is that Senketsu has Ryuuko's DNA in him yet there is one other character that was able to hear him... Tsumugu in episode 5. If it's all excused through DNA, him being her uncle explains everything.

Gazoinks

You're most likely right; I'm sure Ryuuko is
Kinue's daughter and Tsumugu her uncle. They almost textually reveal it this week and I don't mean just the fact that she was close to Isshin; the reason Senketsu and Ryuuko can communicate is that Senketsu has Ryuuko's DNA in him yet there is one other character that was able to hear him... Tsumugu in episode 5. If it's all excused through DNA, him being her uncle explains everything.

Either that or
Tsumugu is Isshin.
Now that'd be a twist. :p

LordCanti

Satsuki dansen.

We haven't actually seen Kinue's full hair though, and if Tsumugu's hair is anything to go by, his line of relatives might have black hair with red highlights. Something that Ryuko inhibits.

Despite people calling it into question I still believe Isshin actually was her dad, maybe cause it sounds sensible in the context of the show's silly narrative that an old guy would have an offspring with a young beautiful woman.

The back of her hair is definitely
Ragyo-esque, although the red streak could be from Kinue/Tsumugu's family. I think that would be a less interesting reveal than her being Ragyo's daughter though.

Either that or
Tsumugu is Isshin.
Now that'd be a twist. :p

He'll somehow be Nui.

For a short second there I felt like it was going to throw a curveball and Satsuki was about to be revealed as being even more evil/ambitious than her mother.

That music after Ragyo was stabbed was what really made me feel like that, that was some birth of a supervillain music.

7Th

The back of her hair is definitely
Ragyo-esque, although the red streak could be from Kinue/Tsumugu's family. I think that would be a less interesting reveal than her being Ragyo's daughter though.
ui.

Nah,
Ryuuko is definitely related to Kinue and Tsumugu. The whole thing with Senketsu containing Ryuuko's DNA confirms it.

LordCanti

Nah,
Ryuuko is definitely related to Kinue and Tsumugu. The whole thing with Senketsu containing Ryuuko's DNA confirms it.

Only if Senketsu is the
one that went berserk and killed Kinue, and what we saw was actually Dr. Matoi trying to remake Senketsu afterwards. Ryuko's DNA being in Senketsu doesn't really prove anything other than her DNA being in Senketsu until we're sure.

I know I might be the only one who might be thinking this but even with the heel face turn of
Satsuki, doesn't anyone still want to see her knocked down a few pegs? I know at times it feels like they focus more on her ambitions than really developing Ryuko but when you think about it (I know we really shouldn't when it comes to Kill La Kill) she has done a lot of really bad stuff that she needs to pay for. The whole fascist regime, the class system leading to permanently impoverished people, attacking other cities, even giving out death penalties to people. I know that they will play it off as for the greater good or something, but let's be honest, no one really gets a free pass for pulling that crap if it would happen.
Well anyways I do enjoy the show for what it is, even though reflecting on some things might make it seem weird.

Top Bottom