• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

well of course he heard sanketsu

He's ryuko's uncle

waiiit a minute. since senketsu is built to specifically work with RYUKO due to
being linked to her DNA....doesn't that open the door for Tsumugu to wear senketsu briefly in a moment of desperation due to sharing some of ryuko's DNA?

also i think Ryuko is starting to get the hots for naked sensei. she's the only one who takes notice of his nakedness.

NotLiquid

Reupped the MV for the 2nd ED song, who knows how long it'll last before it gets deleted: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bgbxw

They also teased a nendo on the English GSC blog (Kahotan I think)

IOoMmrj.jpg

And the figma blog has a pixelated tease for the figma (they don't mention it specifically). Should be known in 2 days when it's WonFes time.

So at this point I've ordered Phat Company's PVC figure, the upcoming Stadium Jacket and already gotten my Senketsu hoodie. Now I have to get this as well.

What's next for me, the key rings?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
being linked to her DNA....doesn't that open the door for Tsumugu to wear senketsu briefly in a moment of desperation due to sharing some of ryuko's DNA?

NSFW

Wouldn't put it past the show! Trigger, make it so.

Akira

Great episode. One thing is, I don't believe that Satsuki for a moment thought she actually killed Ragyo. It was just her emphatic declaration of rebellion. I also think that it's a puppet of Nui. I have a feeling Nui was created by Ragyo as some sort of human-life fi er "cyborg".

Vito

Banned
Rest assured if the sales are good the GSC PVC cartel will milk you (us) dry. I will be saving fuck all by not buying the Jpn BDs, as figures, singles and Aniplex USA prices will more than make up for the missed damage to the wallet. If I recall correctly Phat! has two Ryuuko figs announced...

super2j

Neo Member
It was clear what was about to happen but the way it went down.... I legit let out a scream when the credits hit. THAT WAS AMAZING! OMG.

Just forced two of my friends to start watching the series. They were legitimately getting into right up until a Guts busted in, at which point one of them just stared at the screen without speaking while the other literally fell out of his seat from laughing so hard... I'm pretty sure their still binging through the entire series tonight now.

sohois

Perfect reaction gif.

Everyone talking about
Tsumugu being Ryuko's uncle, was I the only one who thought they were building up to reveal Isshin as Satsuki's father? I mean, the way they've referenced him so far you would think he would be a major player, and how Ragyu mentioned him when talking lead me to think they had a more than just professional relationship.

Would explain why Junketsu and Senketsu are so similar, maybe Isshin made Junketsu whilst at REVOCS, but when he uncovered the truth about life fibers he set up Nudist beach to save his first daughter and made a synthetic Junketsu. Just a thought

Jarmel

Banned
The show finally feels like it's getting to where it's going.

There are still some issues I'm having with the show like Ryuuko being a complete waste of time and Satsuki "just as planned" bullshit but at least the plot is developing. It honestly feels like this show should have been truncated into 13 episodes and made into a much tighter show than what it is now.

Hopefully the rest of the ride is good.

PK Gaming

I think I would have enjoyed Kill la Kill a lot more if it set up life fiber threat far earlier.

They could have spent time building them up, rather meander aimlessly through a bunch of (funny) but ultimately pointless episodes-of-the-week.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Does anyone have a screenshot of satsuki's mother gloating while satsuki and crew are behind her and they all are sporting white evil eyes? I thought that was a really cool visual effect.

Soma

Does anyone have a screenshot of satsuki's mother gloating while satsuki and crew are behind her and they all are sporting white evil eyes? I thought that was a really cool visual effect.

Here you go.

My favorite thing about that scene is how what happens right afterwards retroactively changes how this shot is portrayed.
I actually thought for a second that they weren't gonna betray Ragyou after all with how it looks like they're all staring down Ryuuko instead of Ragyou. Except for probably Hououmaru whom I'm still wondering how exactly she'll come into play in the next series of events. She hasn't really done much of anything yet.

Evilisk

Kind of late, I just remembered that they update the jp site with character art

body5.png

body5.png

body5.png

body7.png

body6.png

There's also art of the characters from the Big 3 from the Battlefield Trip
(also Takarada is grouped with them meaning RIP Takarada)

RoyalFool

Banned
Normally I'd agree but considering that the guy who set the cameras up also has his organization's name on his phone, I'd say this one was justified.

They've set her up as an unmovable unemotional monster so when she does inevitably break down it'll release all the feels.

super2j

Neo Member
He is still of the opinion that Life Fibers and humans cannot coexist. This is why he continues to deny that Ryuuko can talk to Senketsu and would put both her and Senketsu down at the drop of a hat.

I think the only person who can and will be able to hear Senketsu will be Ryuuko, and possibly
Ragyo if she is indeed made of life fibers. I suppose the puppet theory works because she looks so much like a demented puppet, but I'm not sure how she'd be able to replicate the rainbow effect.

it writes itself man,
Life fibers=threads used to control a puppet. At the end of the fight, you will see a red glint and then realize her appendages are attached to strings (which is why being impaled won't stop her).

super2j

Neo Member
well of course he heard sanketsu

He's ryuko's uncle

also i think Ryuko is starting to get the hots for naked sensei. she's the only one who takes notice of his nakedness.

lol, like she gets captured, and he has to work with senketsu. So he puts on the uniform, and maybe after the initial embarassment of wearing girls cloth subsides, he will display a level of skill thats way better than Ryuko. He has better skill due to training, being ok with being nude anyway and general badassary,

7Th

Huh?
They have the same goal, defeat the life fibres.

Actually, not really. Episode 15 made it clear that
Satsuki is Dewey while Ryuuko and Senketsu are Renton and Eureka.

Even with the power bump, I'm expecting the elite 4 and Satsuki to lose. That preview also seems to make it look like Ryuuko is gonna struggle here against the big boys.[/spoiler]

They're going to
somewhat rehash episode 7 by making Ryuuko fight against the Life Fiber'd Mankanshoku.

There are still some issues I'm having with the show like Ryuuko being a complete waste of time and Satsuki "just as planned" bullshit but at least the plot is developing. It honestly feels like this show should have been truncated into 13 episodes and made into a much tighter show than what it is now.

It's going to be the other way around in the end; Dewey-Satsuki's methods of domination won't yield results (other than mutual destruction) and Ryuuko and Senketsu will go full Renton/Eureka to peacefully resolve Life Fiber/Coralian conflict.
Then they will make a sequel about Ryuuko going back in time to kill the Life Fiber before it accidentally kills her daughter.

NotLiquid

This design was always interesting to me because of how impractical it looks compared to the original version. Or rather, how silly and odd it is. His original uniform actually looked like it had tricks up it's sleeve and could put up a fight but this one reminds me of Ramiel from Evangelion - unsuspecting and stupid but highly deadly.

I hope to see this one in action the most.

Jarmel

Banned
It's going to be the other way around in the end; Dewey-Satsuki's methods of domination won't yield results (other than mutual destruction) and Ryuuko and Senketsu will go full Renton/Eureka to peacefully resolve Life Fiber/Coralian conflict.
Then they will make a sequel about Ryuuko going back in time to kill the Life Fiber before it accidentally kills her daughter.

Welp. I do expect Satsuki's plan to crumple at one point or another though.

NotLiquid

Reminds me of
7PgExKb.png

Shapewise I thought of Fighting Polygon Team from Smash, but I'm talking of the general idea here and the fact that in Evangelion one of the deadliest creatures in the show was literally just a geometrical shape.

The mere concept of such a silly thing is funny to me.

LordCanti

I've never gone in for character goods in two decades of being a fan (outside of, you know, action figures back when I was a kid) but....

Dammit....

Dat Mako....

Vito

Banned
The detached figma boobs are always weird, even more so when the character is half naked. I guess you get used to it if you stare at it long enough, but it's a real shame they didn't go with regular forms...I guess someone in marketing thought this would sell better. :(

Odrion

Banned
I've never gone in for character goods in two decades of being a fan (outside of, you know, action figures back when I was a kid) but....

Dammit....

Dat Mako....
Yeah man, same here.

Urgh, this is how being a Otaku starts. Doesn't it?... Nah, NAH. I'll be safe with just one figure.

Well, two including the Dark Souls 2 LE statue... uh oh.

Top Bottom