• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

NotLiquid

Okay those Nendo figures are amazing. I hope they aren't too pricey

Nendos tend to be the cheapest kind of figure merch you can get. They're usually between $20-$30. It's the shipping you'll be really paying for, though assuming you're like me and live in a country where you've got a stronger rate than the dollar it's easier to import.

Maybe I'm just terrible at predicting anime but Ryuuko is clearly the villain...

The red, the rebel without a cause attitude, the fact her enemies aren't even doing anything objectively "wrong" (as of the latest episode).

wsippel

Banned
Maybe I'm just terrible at predicting anime but Ryuuko is clearly the villain...

The red, the rebel without a cause attitude, the fact her enemies aren't even doing anything objectively "wrong" (as of the latest episode).
Ryuko's main enemies are Nui and Ragyo - you know, the people responsible for
killing her father
. Satsuki also did a ton of at the very least highly questionable stuff, even if her ultimate goal might be just.

duckroll

There are only 7 episodes left. I don't think there's a "so far" anymore. The flashbacks they got early on are probably all the development they're getting. All we can hope for now is a fitting Gamagori x Mako ending. The rest of them can rot. Lol.

Ryuko's main enemies are Nui and Ragyo - you know, the people responsible for
killing her father
. Satsuki also did a ton of at the very least highly questionable stuff, even if her ultimate goal might be just.

She's clearly okay with going after whoever is responsible. The fact Nui and Ragyo are evil is inconsequential.

wsippel

Banned
She's clearly okay with going after whoever is responsible. The fact Nui and Ragyo are evil is inconsequential.
I assume you didn't really pay attention the last few episodes? She was initially driven by revenge, now she just wants to protect innocents. She and Satsuki might share an ultimate goal, but Satsuki is an extremist and willing to sacrifice other people in the process.

Evilisk

The worst thing about the student council is how boring they are.

tumblr_mzwv3cMpSt1shof9bo1_250.gif

Actually I agree. Even Nonon hasn't been that fun to watch since the Naturals Election. It doesn't help that I'm that they're probably all going to job next episode, even Satsuki (just so they make Ragyo and Nui look stronger)

TnK

What I meant by Sstsuki's other figma figure is the normal uniform she is wearing before it drinks blood. That would be a cool figma.

I have a lot of catching up to do. Is this show as good as Gurren Lagann?

Evilisk

I have a lot of catching up to do. Is this show as good as Gurren Lagann?

Can't really judge since the show isn't over yet. The only surefire things though are TTGL having better pacing, and KLK making TTGL's fanservice look tame in comparison.

A-V-B

tumblr_mzwv3cMpSt1shof9bo1_250.gif

Actually I agree. Even Nonon hasn't been that fun to watch since the Naturals Election. It doesn't help that I'm that they're probably all going to job next episode, even Satsuki (just so they make Ragyo and Nui look stronger)

well, that's the downside to making a series solely dedicated to big fights all about characters and concepts at the very last second, isn't it? ;/

duckroll

Nonon has a really nice design, but her character is really disappointing in the show itself. I thought it was pretty interesting when they started to introduce how she and Satsuki were childhood friends, but they went nowhere with that too. Meh. :/

One of the designers (Koyama) on the show made an interesting comment a week or two back about Nonon though. Apparently she's one of the characters who has been designed by pretty much all the designers on the team.

Sushio designed her base character design, the Grave and Presto transformations were designed by Sushio and Yoshinari (Sushio probably did the suit, while Yoshinari designed the mech parts), Amemiya designed her Da Capo transformation, Imaishi did the jersey design, and Koyama designed the current Mk2 transformation.

Kieli

True.

It's far better than Gurren Lagann.

Of the 17 episodes that have aired thus far (I have only watched up to 15), the only ones that really impressed me were episodes 6 and 7 (Sanageyama and Mohawk-man).

To say the show has been immensely disappointing would be an understatement, at this point. To be fair, it is going in a completely different direction than what I would like (eps 6 & 7). It's a shame that's not what the show is trying to do. It seems to be content with being flashy and not much more.

At this point, I'm just reading the comments in this thread to get a summary of the episode. I feel it's not even worth my time to watch the episode.

Dooooont looooseeee yourrrrrr mooooneeeeeeyy. RIP my wallet. the mako,satsuki and ryuuko nendos are cute. Will get the ryuuko figma also despite the boobs. Would like a saatsookey figma as well.

Kazzy

If anything it's the worst part. It's like all the annoying anime voice stereotypes fused into one. It's ear-breaking....

Nah, it fits the character extremely well. Her actual personality is juxtaposed with her appearance, as she's shown to be an uncouth and tactless individual; particularly when she loses her cool.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Except I literally just said that, 3 minutes before you made that statement!
I'm with you. If anything it's the material here that's not up to par with Shintani's range, considering how amazing she was as Haruko in FLCL and Tsubasa in Karekano.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
NONI SOREEEE!

(I like Nonon's voice)

Top Bottom