• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Evilisk

A spoilerish question regarding episode 17:

Isn't smashing the sake bowl after toasting it a kamikaze ritual? If so, that's a pretty awesomely-done moment of foreshadowing. Also, Iori the tailor was present alongside the Inner Circle, even though he's a Two-Star, which I found a nice touch.

I don't know if it is a kamikaze ritual but I wouldn't be surprised. I also wouldn't mind if Inu or Yamcha died and Iori ended up stepping in and becoming the new 4th member of the Elite 4 lol

Also I'm calling it now, Satsuki butler / Iori's uncle is going to die in one of the coming episodes and that will make Satsuki lose her way control of Junketsu. Besides that having to happen at some point anyway, revealing he's Iori's relative + that tea scene seem like major death flags to me.

LordCanti

A spoilerish question regarding episode 17:

Isn't smashing the sake bowl after toasting it a kamikaze ritual? If so, that's a pretty awesomely-done moment of foreshadowing. Also, Iori the tailor was present alongside the Inner Circle, even though he's a Two-Star, which I found a nice touch.

I took it to mean that, yeah. It was a symbol of the fact that they couldn't
go back once they had done what was about to happen. Not necessarily suicidal, but definitely so risky (they're going against the most powerful organization that exists) that it seems that way.

I knew Satsuki was going
to betray her mother but I didn't know when. The second they tossed down the sake bowls, I knew it was happening.

RangerBAD

So can someone explain the whole
DNA thing? I'm guessing Ryuuko's DNA is within Senketsu's life fibers? And Ryuuko's mother is Tsumugu's sister? I guess it's obvious, but I somehow missed them saying that.

Verelios

So can someone explain the whole
DNA thing? I'm guessing Ryuuko's DNA is within Senketsu's life fibers? And Ryuuko's mother is Tsumugu's sister? I guess it's obvious, but I somehow missed them saying that.
They actually didn't.
It's basically extrapolation from the Senketsu reveal. It was shown that Ryuko's DNA was used so only she can wear him. And in episode 5 (?) Tsumugu heard, I believe that was not a delusion but it could be, Senketsu's voice. It led people to thinking they could be related, since if that professor's assistant was Ryuko's mother, it would make them all related.

What if
Senketsu is actually "female"? That would definitely throw a wrench in some fanart flying around these days. Though it shouldn't be a problem because there's nothing besides voice which shows Senketsu as a male (Unless it's been referring to itself as male all this time, which I wouldn't know because I don't speak japanese.)
Speaking of gender issues, some people claim that
Nui is male because of certain words she uses when talking about herself (but I don't speak japanese either, so I wouldn't know).

Vito

Banned
It is Thursday: https://twitter.com/kill_la_kill/status/433922607755190272

M5gaMio.jpg

OH COME ON.

Seriously, why does this keep happening? Episodes 15, 16, and now 18!

UGGGH. At least I'll have the Nintendo Direct to look forward to today.

I don't know why people keep comparing Sanageyama to Yamcha. Was it because
he got his ass effortlessly kicked by Nui in episode 11 when he demolished Ryuko in episode 6? Come on folks, he kicked the ass of that Takarada asshole. Next to Inumuta, he's my favourite of the elite four. I doubt he'll get his ass kicked by Nui in episode 18 because this time he knows what he's up against plus he has the other elite four members on his side.

If he DOES lose in episode 18, then yeah he kinda is a bit like Yamcha. So I really hope he doesn't lose in this episode. Or at least get his ass horribly whooped.

TCKaos

OH COME ON.

Seriously, why does this keep happening? Episodes 15, 16, and now 18!

UGGGH. At least I'll have the Nintendo Direct to look forward to today.

I don't know why people keep comparing Sanageyama to Yamcha. Was it because
he got his ass effortlessly kicked by Nui in episode 11 when he demolished Ryuko in episode 6? Come on folks, he kicked the ass of that Takarada asshole. Next to Inumuta, he's my favourite of the elite four. I doubt he'll get his ass kicked by Nui in episode 18 because this time he knows what he's up against plus he has the other elite four members on his side.

If he DOES lose in episode 18, then yeah he kinda is a bit like Yamcha. So I really hope he doesn't lose in this episode. Or at least get his ass horribly whooped.

Even Yamcha beat Goku once.

And then nothing. Ever again.

TCKaos

But...
he beat Takarada. So shouldn't that make him at least one point better than Yamcha?

He also beat up kid Chi-Chi, Invisible Man, and a guy in one of the Tenkaichi Budokais.

4-2 for Yamcha.

Sanageyamcha has a ways to go.

I had to google that to make sure. Shit, Yamcha beats four named characters. That's pretty sad. Fucking Yamcha.

duckroll

What exactly production issues can they possibly have on their end?

Has there been a delay in them getting the episodes?

Unless someone working there is able to talk about the exact reason, we won't know for sure. But getting episodes late is usually the reason for such delays. It might be made worse by CR's increasing workload.

A-V-B

Unless someone working there is able to talk about the exact reason, we won't know for sure. But getting episodes late is usually the reason for such delays. It might be made worse by CR's increasing workload.

It isn't CR's fault. It's Aniplex.

A-V-B

How so? Delay in getting the episodes out?

Yeah. I don't know what in the world's going on over there, but a delay of twelve freaking hours by Aniplex when every other major language has it up each time is SERIOUSLY starting to tick me off.

Just saw #18 on Daisuki w/ italian subtitles.

YOU HAVE NO F*****G IDEA OF WHAT HAPPENED!!!

Yeah, Ryuko and Satsuki are sisters. shamalayantwist.jpg ad infinitum!

LeleSocho

Banned
EP 18

dipughdpifguohnfgpikgneior5àgvhjreovjdwocjkmnerfpojr4jhgòdivj dsòklcfmeèlfjvoij
dwkjnfklfnrògjkhfvneffkn3efòlkermgpobjfepoivjeoifje3oifjecèp+qdc
pdlòrkg45òtyk45àògr
gef4fgioug4rt084yufpoiewjxpdorgpovm5èpteofijrpgo5nro4jrèoivdèvjdeàfòk4ròlkfvèpfokvdfvkf
degfr3pifu4prthj3fjrvcuefv98urgi3jepè23oke3eèpodkdepocvufv9pfvjprofj23èprk3fèpodjvpoidfuvproivhjr3òofjkeopèdiewdèopdfu f98uvref
foiehf4ht54opigdòvhjepkfj3eeòfje3pofjewopfjfp0b9urgbueòlfjqweròljer

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Edit: Just for clarity, It's been Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann the last thing that made me feel like that.

_PM

EP 18

dipughdpifguohnfgpikgneior5àgvhjreovjdwocjkmnerfpojr4jhgòdivj dsòklcfmeèlfjvoij
dwkjnfklfnrògjkhfvneffkn3efòlkermgpobjfepoivjeoifje3oifjecèp+qdc
pdlòrkg45òtyk45àògr
gef4fgioug4rt084yufpoiewjxpdorgpovm5èpteofijrpgo5nro4jrèoivdèvjdeàfòk4ròlkfvèpfokvdfvkf
degfr3pifu4prthj3fjrvcuefv98urgi3jepè23oke3eèpodkdepocvufv9pfvjprofj23èprk3fèpodjvpoidfuvproivhjr3òofjkeopèdiewdèopdfu f98uvref
foiehf4ht54opigdòvhjepkfj3eeòfje3pofjewopfjfp0b9urgbueòlfjqweròljer

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Serioulsly, today's episode + Nintendo Direct, too much hype for a Thursday!

Top Bottom