• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Ragyo is the best thing that ever happened to this series. I hope she wins.

tumblr_mzzzx50WVW1qimttgo1_r1_500.jpg

Kneel before the Queen. All hail our new Life Fiber overlords.

dSCAvrh.png

Odrion

Banned
Y'know, this is the first time where I actually thought
"HOLY FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the idea of someone being the antagonist's child. Ragyo is a bad, bad parent.

Reversed

What's the deal with that
genetic engineering applied to babies? Aside from eeriness, could the dropped baby still be alive and present in the series?

Evilisk

In a world where
thorki
is a thing, I doubt they're going anywhere.

Thor and Loki aren't blood related though. A more apt example would be the shipping in Supernatural...

But yeah, shippers gonna ship

Y'know, this is the first time where I actually thought
"HOLY FUCK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" at the idea of someone being the antagonist's child. Ragyo is a bad, bad parent.

If there's one thing I have to admit, it is that Trigger have succeeded in making a bad, bad villain (which is good). Besides literally beating the shit out of her own daughter after not-molesting her two episodes ago, that scene where she just dumped the baby down the chute was stone cold. I usually like to root for the villains but even I want to see Ragyo go down. Well done Trigger

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I am a bit confused as to why
Ragyo uses Life Fiber Override instead of Synchro like Ryuuko. I would have figured her unique properties are what lets Ryuuko do that in the first place.

Synchro only works with Senketsu as he has his own personality, it's akin to a Pacific Rim situation.

IIRC, Junketsu doesn't have a soul imbued inside of it like Senketsu does, or at least one that Satsuki has allowed to surface. Satsuki/Ragyo are enforcing their will on the life fibers, which apparently lowers the maximum ouput of the kamui.

Ragyo's power level is apparently high enough that it doesn't appear to matter atm, but still.

jman2050

It's nice to have a villain who is completely irredeemably evil and hams it up spectacularly in the process.

She really is Kefka.

ReiGun

It's nice to have a villain who is completely irredeemably evil and hams it up spectacularly in the process.

She really is Kefka.

I was thinking she reminds me of Dio Brando (Jojo was the last anime I watched) in how smug and over the top she is, but Kefka is an apt comparison too.

TheOGB

Banned
Fuck Ragyo, fuck Nui, fuck life fibers, fuck the ball of yarn they flew in on, fuck that ugly ass butler, fuck child molesters, fuck Rainbow Brite ass haircuts, and fuck you Trigger. You sure know how to make a mean motherfucker. Good job.

So
I bet Ryuko would just reel her heart back since it was full of threads, sort of how Ragyo just used the last thread to put her head back on. Anyways they said all 3 heroines were missing (Ryuko, Mako, and Satsuki). I wonder if Ragyo is planning to give Ryuko a chakra bath (would it really help her at this point since she already synchronizes with Senketsu?) to induct her into the family, because this episode obviously reinforced the fact she likes giving her daughters the bad touch. Too bad Ryuko didn't end Nui right there because it genuinely seemed that Nui was outclassed at this point.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

Damn son.

Damn

I think this is my first post in this thread even if ive been watching Kill la kill since the start.
But this episode got me.....Woah, really was not expecting that.

I am curious why Ragyo would use override instead of synchro or oneness(something) cuz shes an agent of the Fibers shouldnt they be happy to work with her.

Either way.
Ragyo really out did herself this episode....I want to hate her, but she is fucking awesome!

DarkKyo

Episode was awesome, but my biggest issue with it was:
Why didn't Ragyo just mind control Satsuki? Is there some kind of story-related protection she has against that ability, was there a reason Ragyo gave as to why she didn't do that, or did the series just ignore an obvious cop out move to make the story more interesting/allow for more exposition?

fallagin

Crazy crazy episode. Tons of fun.

Ragyo continues
touching things inappropriately.

Also
Satsuki and Ryuuko are sisters! That is unless it is revealed that Satsuki is not related to Ragyo by some off chance... I don't think that is whats up though.

Why didn't Ragyo just mind control Satsuki? Is there some kind of story-related protection she has against that ability, was there a reason Ragyo gave as to why she didn't do that, or did the series just ignore an obvious cop out move to make the story more interesting/allow for more exposition?

She didn't really need to, she was just showing off. She wants Satsuki to suffer, and mind controlling her would probably alleviate some suffering.

LordCanti

It's going to take a pair of scissors to cut through that thread.

I know. That's why I groaned :/

Also
Satsuki and Ryuuko are sisters! That is unless it is revealed that Satsuki is not related to Ragyo by some off chance... I don't think that is whats up though.

I think it's safe to say that everything else was a red herring. The only twist left I can think of would be
Mohawk-chan being Ragyo's little brother, and Kinue having been their sister. Other than Aikuro being Satsuki/Ryuko's dad, of course. Mohawk-tan having heard Senketsu is probably just a red herring though.

TheOGB

Banned
She probably just wanted to beat her ass for pulling that shit. That, and she could clearly see Satsuki's resolve and knew it was nothing to fuck with, but at that point Ryuko was an unknown--until she broke free.

LordCanti

She probably just wanted to beat her ass for pulling that shit. That, and she could clearly see Satsuki's resolve and knew it was nothing to fuck with, but at that point Ryuko was an unknown--until she broke free.

The thing I'm happiest with in this episode was Ragyo not
pulling an "I knew you'd betray me and I planned this blah blah blah". She genuinely seemed surprised that she was being betrayed.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 18:

YES, this is the potential Kill la Kill has had, realized in finality.
So Satsuki and Ryuuko are indeed sisters, I would say that is one way to sink a ship, but this is anime, incest will not stop the shippers, or the anime now that we live in a post Orimeo world. At the very least Satsuki owes Ryuuko a big time apology.
Anyway, all hail Raygo, she is the dictator we want and the dictator we need.
Looks like the next episode is going to focus on the minions and the sidekicks, this interests me.

Someone please hand me a Life Fiber to tie around my face so I can finally close my mouth. I'm starting to drool a little from it still hanging in shock.

Evilisk

Kill la Kill Episode 18:

YES, this is the potential Kill la Kill has had, realized in finality.
So Satsuki and Ryuuko are indeed sisters, I would say that is one way to sink a ship, but this is anime, incest will not stop the shippers, or the anime now that we live in a post Orimeo world. At the very least Satsuki owes Ryuuko a big time apology.
Anyway, all hail Raygo, she is the dictator we want and the dictator we need.
Looks like the next episode is going to focus on the minions and the sidekicks, this interests me.

Speaking of which, we have about 10+ good named characters (Ryuuko, Satsuki, Nudist Beach, Mako+family, Elite 4). I expect that number to be going down soon...

I was bummed that Rei -

- didn't really do anything.

She didn't die after being thrashed around the whole episode so that's something

LordCanti

Nui's place in the show is real muddy right now. One would assume that Ryuko
is going to escape somehow, and that she'll go from Nui -> Ragyo (getting the scissor from Nui). Other than being the one with the scissor blade...what is her purpose at this point?

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
KLK 18
in short:
ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO US
NO, YOU DID
WE SUFFERED TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DAMAGE
I AM INIGO MONTOYA, YOU KILLED MY FATHER, PREPARE TO DIE
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I SHALL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE
LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER

I'm not really kidding.

kiryogi

Banned
So I had some objections to KLK making AOTY 2013 considering the awful pacing and lack of animation. However, if Trigger really keeps this up until the finale, it's totally deserving of a spot in AOTY 2014.

Top Bottom