• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Somax

EP 18

What the actual fuck.

So many things happened in this episode :D

Thanks Daisuki for the italian subs!!!

Also (heavy spoilers, don't open before watching)
wtf at the ending with the heart and the revelation about Ryuko o_O

patapuf

That was fun.

They managed to have action, a little comedy and moved the plot forward by a lot all in one episode. Best one yet.

Zeroth

Holy shit, the pacing of this show is insane. Things were slow in the first half, but the second one has been explosive so far. Today's episode alone is incredible.

Vito

Banned
Seen it multiple places that it's not a problem with crunchyroll. At this point, CR waits around for the episode to show up on their doorstep. Aniplex just isn't getting the episodes out in time.

You're not really backing up your statement how Aniplex is at fault for the English subtitle delay.

duckroll

Okay yeah, this episode was really fucking good. The show has pretty dreadful pacing overall, but with things coming together it's been really entertaining the last few weeks. The direction this week was off the charts. They managed to get lots of different types of fights in, fill in story stuff, get a few Mako jokes in, and it just kept going on and on. There was even animation! I can't even hate on the music here, because most of the selection was spot on.

This is the KLK I've always wanted to watch. The KLK which shows up occasionally in some episodes, with the promise that at some point it would actually amount to something. Sogood. Now let's see if they can keep this trend running for the next 6 weeks. :)

LeleSocho

Banned
Serious comments
*That* scene was awful and the show continue to surprise me in a bad way.
The baby Ryuuko open in half was another thing that i wouldn't have expected.
The amount of "holy fuck" stuff that happened in this episode could've been spread in 2-3 episodes and that would've helped incredibly the pacing of the whole anime. Again Trigger, why so late you decided to show your card?
Now we have more than half the series that it's a complete borefest and the last 2-3 episodes that where actually good. Let's hope at least they maintain these level.

A-V-B

Okay yeah, this episode was really fucking good. The show has pretty dreadful pacing overall, but with things coming together it's been really entertaining the last few weeks. The direction this week was off the charts. They managed to get lots of different types of fights in, fill in story stuff, get a few Mako jokes in, and it just kept going on and on. There was even animation! I can't even hate on the music here, because most of the selection was spot on.

This is the KLK I've always wanted to watch. The KLK which shows up occasionally in some episodes, with the promise that at some point it would actually amount to something. Sogood. Now let's see if they can keep this trend running for the next 6 weeks. :)

Odds are good. They have a small budget, so I guess they're saving it all for the most important episodes, all of which are now happening.

Gradivus

Just watched the raw, I liked the episode. It was jam packed with excitement which was sort of hurting the first half of the series.

It's a pity that the Nudist Beach guys don't seem to be doing much at this point. Too many "good characters" again the "bad ones" now. :(

Dave1988

This has nothing to do with the newest ep, but what the hell. Have some Makotaro.

makotarow1kjl.gif

Jex

I'm usually not bothered by the delays that plague this shows release because it hasn't really been a very good series. Now that it's starting to get interesting and these delays are actually affecting me I am, of course, outraged and appalled.

LordCanti

I speak moon, thankfully.

We pretty much figured out every last twist the show had (their parents, Ryuko being life fiber, etc). I even knew Ragyo wasn't a puppet and that she'd just heal herself. Only the way it all played out was unknown, but it was definitely fun to watch. We're definitely in full blown shonen anime territory here with the whole "I've got new powers, suckers!" "Yes, but I knew that all along! Ahahahaaha" thing. Satsuki getting creamed was kind of a foregone conclusion or this anime wasn't going to last another 8 episodes.

Where it
goes from here is the important part, since we really have no idea and the show has pretty much laid most of the predictable cards on the table.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the
plan to have Iori....kill? Contain? Whatever the yarnball alien was really stupid. You know who would have been better for the job? Ryuko with her Life Fiber chopping scissor blade. Could have chopped that shit to bits. I have no doubt that is where we're eventually headed, once she gets the other blade and completes the scissors.

Evilisk

Well I just watched the episode with spanish subs and have come to the conclusion that I should have paid attention more during spanish class lol

Seriously though since I didn't really get some of the major developments that seemed to have happened this episode I think I'll hold off on impressions. All I know is
it was pretty lame of them to back out on Elite 4 vs Nui like that and Ryuuko getting brain controlled was pretty lame (I mean geez Ryuuko, you're supposed to be the main character...). At least she broke out of it though and she was giving Nui a run for her money which was a big plus

PK Gaming

EP 18

dipughdpifguohnfgpikgneior5àgvhjreovjdwocjkmnerfpojr4jhgòdivj dsòklcfmeèlfjvoij
dwkjnfklfnrògjkhfvneffkn3efòlkermgpobjfepoivjeoifje3oifjecèp+qdc
pdlòrkg45òtyk45àògr
gef4fgioug4rt084yufpoiewjxpdorgpovm5èpteofijrpgo5nro4jrèoivdèvjdeàfòk4ròlkfvèpfokvdfvkf
degfr3pifu4prthj3fjrvcuefv98urgi3jepè23oke3eèpodkdepocvufv9pfvjprofj23èprk3fèpodjvpoidfuvproivhjr3òofjkeopèdiewdèopdfu f98uvref
foiehf4ht54opigdòvhjepkfj3eeòfje3pofjewopfjfp0b9urgbueòlfjqweròljer

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Edit: Just for clarity, It's been Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann the last thing that made me feel like that.

This has nothing to do with the newest ep, but what the hell. Have some Makotaro.

makotarow1kjl.gif

1380352430841.gif

Evilisk

Edit: Forgot to mention that the
plan to have Iori....kill? Contain? Whatever the yarnball alien was really stupid. You know who would have been better for the job? Ryuko with her Life Fiber chopping scissor blade. Could have chopped that shit to bits. I have no doubt that is where we're eventually headed, once she gets the other blade and completes the scissors.

That would have required letting Ryuuko in on their plans though. I think trying to contain them and buy some time wasn't a bad idea and it's not like they knew that trying to freeze it would instantly call in the Suit Invaders.

Also speaking of chopping Life Fibers, am I the only confused by Ragyo's decapitation? I've been reading up and people are saying she's alive because the Life Fiber wasn't cut but I thought Satsuki's sword was so special that it could cut through Life Fibers in the first place

LordCanti

That would have required letting Ryuuko in on their plans though. I think trying to contain them and buy some time wasn't a bad idea and it's not like they knew that trying to freeze it would instantly call in the Suit Invaders.

Also speaking of chopping Life Fibers, am I the only confused by Ragyo's decapitation? I've been reading up and people are saying she's alive because the Life Fiber wasn't cut but I thought Satsuki's sword was so special that it could cut through Life Fibers in the first place

Letting her in like
the day before it all went down. Not exactly the riskiest thing in the world.

I think the implication is that
Ragyo's entire body is sentient/life fibers, so chopping off her head doesn't accomplish anything

LeleSocho

Banned

The sword wasn't sharp enough to cut them all, Ragyo explicitly says that not even *name of Satsuki's sword* could cut that last strand.

Evilisk

Letting her in like
the day before it all went down. Not exactly the riskiest thing in the world.

I think the problem is less about it being risky and more about whether Ryuuko would actually listen to them. I definitely don't believe she would be convinced if they told her that they were actually on the same side

The sword wasn't sharp enough to cut them all, Ragyo explicitly says that not even *name of Satsuki's sword* could cut that last strand.

Alright that makes more sense

Soma

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly crap what an episode.

This show has been entertaining as hell since the beginning but this second half has been on another level so far. Really hoping it can maintain this level of quality to the end.

Jigolo

So was there an official time change 3 weeks ago that I didn't hear about? Every new episode for the past 3 weeks have been coming out at 1 AM.

Dresden

Episode was hilarious.

All those theories about Tsumugu's sister, RIP
'Ragyo is Nui's lifedoll'
, RIP

I'm glad they played it straight there. And the
reveal at the end, LOL.
Really enjoyed this episode.

XAL

Episode was hilarious.

All those theories about Tsumugu's sister, RIP
'Ragyo is Nui's lifedoll'
, RIP

I'm glad they played it straight there. And the
reveal at the end, LOL.
Really enjoyed this episode.

I never use the word.

But this ep was cray.

Also, Rag continues to creep - dat
skittle fiddle diddle

Odrion

Banned
If they keep the quality of the episodes up, this could overall be a pretty good show that had like, two bad episodes. Okay, maybe seven bad episodes, but it doesn't sink in that they're bad until later.

But it looks like
next episode is going to focus on the Divas. We may not even find out what's going to happen to Ryuko with her heart outside of her body and everything.

DonMigs85

So, Ryuko
was probably found in a dumpster by Isshin who then raised her as his own, eh? I certainly wasn't expecting her to be Satsuki's full-blooded sister.

Kyuur

This episode! THIS EPISODE.

I am upgrading my expections to:

Gurren Lagann Pt. 1 = Kill la Kill Pt. 2 > Gurren Lagann Pt 2 > Kill la Kill 1

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So, Ryuko
was probably found in a dumpster by Isshin who then raised her as his own, eh? I certainly wasn't expecting her to be Satsuki's full-blooded sister.

I'd more likely assume either that
Isshin was the dad in disguise, or was one of the scientists working with dad, and Ryuko/information on making godrobes was passed on to him as a last ditch effort before the dad got killed

Shergal

It's hilarious how
even in her tiny moment of glory, Ryuuko literally accomplishes nothing and immediately proceeds to get shredded to pieces... again.

Episode was what this show should've been all along, really good throughout. The twist at the end feels gimmicky.

Frologic

This episode! THIS EPISODE.

I am upgrading my expections to:

Gurren Lagann Pt. 1 = Kill la Kill Pt. 2 > Gurren Lagann Pt 2 > Kill la Kill 1

I don't know. I'm still not sure how they'll be able to beat the scale of Gurren Lagann Pt 2.
Although, once I learned the Fibers came from space, I'm seeing potential.

ReiGun

Ragyo is the best thing that ever happened to this series. I hope she wins.

tumblr_mzzzx50WVW1qimttgo1_r1_500.jpg

Kneel before the Queen. All hail our new Life Fiber overlords.

Dresden

But it looks like
next episode is going to focus on the Divas. We may not even find out what's going to happen to Ryuko with her heart outside of her body and everything.

It'd be fun to see the side characters/Mako get more attention, but it'll probably just be Ryuko getting her groove (or
heart
) back.

RangerBAD

I'm starting to think
that Senketsu and Junketsu are totally different than life fibers. Life fibers don't seem like anything more than, well... fibers. The original fiber seems controlled by Ragyou. Other than she basically can't die, I'm not sure what it entails for Ryuuko to have them wrapped around her major organs Maybe that it gives her good synchronization. Are life fibers even cognizant? I think it's more Ragyou's desire to control the world rather than a cognizant life fiber. I'm starting to even think Senketsu is somehow Ryuuko and Satsuki's father.

Kyuur

I am a bit confused as to why
Ragyo uses Life Fiber Override instead of Synchro like Ryuuko. I would have figured her unique properties are what lets Ryuuko do that in the first place.

Top Bottom