• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

I was bummed that Rei -

TgWrpsw.jpg

- didn't really do anything.

the queen of jobbers

KLK 18
in short:
ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO US
NO, YOU DID
WE SUFFERED TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DAMAGE
I AM INIGO MONTOYA, YOU KILLED MY FATHER, PREPARE TO DIE
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I SHALL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE
LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER

I'm not really kidding.

You're missing:

"IT'S ME AUSTIN"

Musolf815

Someone please hand me a Life Fiber to tie around my face so I can finally close my mouth. I'm starting to drool a little from it still hanging in shock.

Seriously. Holy shit. That was amazing. I have no idea what will happen next...I really really REALLY did not see
Ryuuko being Raygo's daughter coming at ALL.

So I had some objections to KLK making AOTY 2013 considering the awful pacing and lack of animation. However, if Trigger really keeps this up until the finale, it's totally deserving of a spot in AOTY 2014.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, it didn't make my list for last year but it's already a candidate on my 2014 list assuming they can follow through.

TCKaos

Episode 18 instantly fucking jettisons this show in to my top 5, with TTGL and Getter Robo.

Jesus fuck this was amazing. I can't.

Ninjimbo

KLK might have hurled itself into classic status with that episode. Holy shit.

Oh Satsuki...damn girl. I saw that coming and it still hurt me to all hell.

Vito

Banned
I asked around and based from what I got from megax

Similar subbing patterns that Bang Zoom does in particular. They do all of AoA's subs.

and from people who know more on IRC

<aers> CR subs have the actor fields filled in and a certain pattern for style names
<aers> then theres a bunch of aniplex usa shows
<aers> that all have the actor fields labeled "NTP"
<aers> and use a different style name

So it's probably fair to throw rotten produce at Aniplex US, but I haven't heard any better argument or proof, so it's still just speculation up to some point who's really at fault.

Zeppeli

Banned
Honestly?
That was the least surprising twist of all time. That's something you could see from the first few episodes.

MarkusRJR

Ugh fuck you Crunchyroll. I woke up to watch the already late subs, then they're delayed further with no real time period? Why am I paying for this garbage. This happens nearly every week.

fertygo

Ugh fuck you Crunchyroll. I woke up to watch the already late subs, then they're delayed further with no real time period? Why am I paying for this garbage. This happens nearly every week.

Blame Aniplex yo, thing only happened with show that have them as producer.

Zeppeli

Banned
Also, theory about this episode and Ryuuko's father (let's be honest, this is less a theory and more of an accurate, educated guess):

Matoi Isshin was Raygou's husband and Satsuki/Ryuuko's father. He made the scissor blades because he knew Satsuki and Ryuuko would use one each to defeat Raygou and the original Life Fibre. This is confirmed by Satsuki's sword breaking and the Ryuuko being the daughter of the two.

Pretty neat I guess, and Episode 18 was a lot of fun... But I'm hoping for more episodes like this now that we're in the final stretch. There's, what, 8 episodes left?

A-V-B

So yeah I think im done with the series.... this whole sexualized mother daughter molestation shit is gross

It's supposed to be. She's a world-dominating, baby-dumping, child-raping, race-genociding monster. It's horrific.

Also, theory about this episode and Ryuuko's father (let's be honest, this is less a theory and more of an accurate, educated guess):

Matoi Isshin was Raygou's husband and Satsuki/Ryuuko's father. He made the scissor blades because he knew Satsuki and Ryuuko would use one each to defeat Raygou and the original Life Fibre. This is confirmed by Satsuki's sword breaking and the Ryuuko being the daughter of the two.

Pretty neat I guess, and Episode 18 was a lot of fun... But I'm hoping for more episodes like this now that we're in the final stretch. There's, what, 8 episodes left?

Six episodes.

And
Isshin is not dad. Maybe grandpa, but most likely adopted.

Bombless

Kill la Kill 18

YES! YES!
SISTERS
! YESSSSSS!

Watching Samurai Flamenco 17 and this back to back almost killed me. Finally this series delivers on a grand scale. God damn. God daaaamn.

Giolon

That was incredible. I did not expect most of what happened there.
Ryuuko is Satsuki's "dead" baby sister infused with Life Fibers?! HOLY SHIT?!

And godDAMN - I literally don't think there is any way to make Ragyo more evil. They've done everything with her now - world domination, molestation, vanity,
baby killing

Just 6 episodes to go - please, please, PLEASE stick the landing, Studio Trigger.

Also I thought the late 80's/early 90's anime hairstyle of
Satsuki/Ryuuko's father
was amazing. The way they do flashbacks in this show is brilliant.

Bonus
I've been waiting to see Ragyo in a Kamui, and we finally got to!

Giolon

Not even a countdown on crunchyroll any more. This is insane

Crunchyroll said:
Due to ongoing production issues, episode 18 of Kill La Kill will be delayed. We thank you for your patience and continued support.

Update 2: The countdown has been hidden as we don't know how much longer to expect. We will make the episode available as soon as we are able to. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued patience.

Uberfail :(

Jarmel

Banned
The show finally has gotten good. My patience has paid off.

It's predictable but I really don't care at this point.

Also weekly reminder that Ryuuko is a true chump.

Thoraxes

Cross-posting my impressions.

Kill la Kill - 18

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nui's place in the show is real muddy right now. One would assume that Ryuko
is going to escape somehow, and that she'll go from Nui -> Ragyo (getting the scissor from Nui). Other than being the one with the scissor blade...what is her purpose at this point?

My only guess is that she'll end up being unveiled as the will of the Life fibers manifested in human form.

It seems that this show might go all DMC3 and have Dante and Vergil tag teaming the boss, but at this point I do think it would be more interesting to have Ryuko just finish the fight with both scissor blades, even though all clues point otherwise like the intro. Well to get to the end, it's pretty obvious that Satsuki is either have to get new threads or get Junketsu back, and Ryuko has to beat Nui for the last scissor blade (which I hope doesn't take too long because it just seems that's all Nui is for at this point).

Satsuki needs to go through some serious self reflecting though if they truly want to make her have a heel face turn. She was still having that look of the pretentious villain in many shots, with how the camera angle was and her posture, not to mention she was still going on about fear is control, etc. She doesn't seem remorseful at all for the crap she put everyone through, even if she is fighting Revocs, which makes it seem more like she's using evil to combat evil to say the least. If they don't want her to drop the dictator act, then maybe Ryuko and Satsuki are gonna have one last duel at the end after Ragyo is beaten like DMC3 or Scry-ed.

Top Bottom