• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Jarmel

Banned
He still might be the father.

All signs are pointing to Aikuro Mikisugi being the dad for both. He got pissed off at her experimenting on both his kids and went to Isshin Matoi who found Ryuuko.

Of course if this is true then the scenes with Aikuro stripping in front of Ryuuko kinda took on a new meaning.

DonMigs85

All signs are pointing to Aikuro Mikisugi being the dad for both. He got pissed off at her experimenting on both his kids and went to Isshin Matoi who found Ryuuko.

Of course if this is true then the scenes with Aikuro stripping in front of Ryuuko kinda took on a new meaning.

Then how do you explain Soichiro Kiryuin?

Giolon

So, Crunchyroll has changed their Simulcast time for Kill la Kill from Thursday at 11:00AM PST to Friday 8:00AM PST.

It's also worth noting for whoever's still holding out for them that Ep 18 is available now.

RangerBAD

Also, theory about this episode and Ryuuko's father (let's be honest, this is less a theory and more of an accurate, educated guess):

Matoi Isshin was Raygou's husband and Satsuki/Ryuuko's father. He made the scissor blades because he knew Satsuki and Ryuuko would use one each to defeat Raygou and the original Life Fibre. This is confirmed by Satsuki's sword breaking and the Ryuuko being the daughter of the two.

Pretty neat I guess, and Episode 18 was a lot of fun... But I'm hoping for more episodes like this now that we're in the final stretch. There's, what, 8 episodes left?

Senketsu is actually their father somehow. That's my theory.

He's kind of young to be a her father...

I think it's pretty obvious
Soichiro Kiryuin and Isshin Matoi are the same dude

Odrion

Banned
He's kind of young to be a her father...

I think it's pretty obvious
Soichiro Kiryuin and Isshin Matoi are the same dude
So Ragyo touches her children inappropriately while Soichiro dresses them in revealing clothing. Someone call Child Services immediately.

So, Crunchyroll has changed their Simulcast time for Kill la Kill from Thursday at 11:00AM PST to Friday 8:00AM PST.

It's also worth noting for whoever's still holding out for them that Ep 18 is available now.

Wait so is this going to be the case every week or is this just the exception?

Finalow

damn, shit just got real.

tumblr_mu47duh3xw1rb06tgo1_500.gif

Anyone who's really bothered by that should just quit anime. And I don't really mean anything bad, it's just the way things are.

There's still anime that doesn't sexualize its teenage characters. Or at the very least, does it a lot less frequently and less blatantly than Kill la Kill.

AT6uRlp.gif

I know I probably am not the only one getting these vibes, but does anyone else think that
Ryuko Matoi and Satsuki Kiryuin are quite possibly half sisters?

Spoiler just in case

Not
half sisters
, but actually
sisters

This episode was fucking GODLY! Very much looking forward to next week!

There's still anime that doesn't sexualize its teenage characters. Or at the very least, does it a lot less frequently and less blatantly than Kill la Kill.

You watch Kill la Kill?

I have to admit I'd appreciate it if Senketsu and Junketsu were full outfits. Hopefully
Satsuki goes back to her old uniform

Jarmel

Banned
She still saw him as a father, regardless of how much she interacted with him. Why else would she go apeshit when nui popped up?

Part of the reasoning in the first half is that she wanted to get to know her father as she didin't know squat about him.

Turns out he wasn't her dad after all anyway.

Dresden

Isshin not being Matoi's biopop doesn't change anything; the relationship was always empty and never developed beyond the premise setup by the intro. The fact that this is even an issue now - that him not being her biological father is thought relevant at all - is just another proof of this.

Hot la Blooded episode 18

When
Ryuko's hair started moving on it's own into that crazy duck wing shape after Nui pissed her off, I was like, ''shit she really is the psycho's kid... ohhhh now Ryuko's eyes make sense!"

Also,
Aikurō Mikisugi is totally their dad.

Can't wait until the week after next week.
I have very little interest in the misadventures of the faux mini boss squad

duckroll

Don't think they changed anything. The simulcast time thing on CR will be broken for that series every time there is a delay until it fixes itself. It'll just display the simulcast time as whatever day and time the delayed episode is eventually uploaded. I think their website programming just sucks. :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Isshin not being Matoi's biopop doesn't change anything; the relationship was always empty and never developed beyond the premise setup by the intro. The fact that this is even an issue now - that him not being her biological father is thought relevant at all - is just another proof of this.

I'm of the opinion that
Isshin is Soichiro, there is a good amount of similarities in the appearance.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
BIG BOSS.
LIQUID SNAKE.
SOLID SNAKE.

Just need one of them growl-yelling
"SSSSSSSSSSSISSSSSSSTEERRRRRRRRRRR!"
or something while going mental or a good ol' fashioned arm transplant.

I would tell you to fuck off, but that wouldnt be neogaf appropriate... but apparently asking someone if they got a "chubby" because some fucked up show sexualizes rape of a minor is

If that's your interpretation of the scene, there's not really anything we can say to contradict it. The way I saw it, it was just another way to make Ragyo out to be a twisted antagonist, not a way to sexualize what she did.

EP18
No! That's not true!! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCSJmrKKtAA&feature=player_detailpage&list=PLBB9A68FD04906177#t=34

Honestly, I was hoping that revelation wouldn't happen, Ryuko and Satsuki being sisters.
But it does bring up the question of the man Ryuko was trying to avenge.

Speaking of which, it was damn satisfying seeing her wipe that smile off of Nui's face, for the moment.

Insane fights all around.

george_us

Holy God EP 18 was amazing.

Also, was Ragyo
wearing more clothing when she synchronized with Junketsu or is just because of her pale skin? I couldn't tell.

Nikodemos

Holy God EP 18 was amazing.

Also, was Ragyo
wearing more clothing when she synchronized with Junketsu or is just because of her pale skin? I couldn't tell.
She wore some sort of hip-things as opposed to Satsuki's lace-rimmed thigh-highs. Oh, and she didn't synchronise. She used Override just like Satsuki (at least if my poor audio comparison skills work, since I don't know Japanese).

Episode 18
THAT ENDING?!?!?!?

MIND BLOWN

I believed that the Father's eye patch hunchback look was a disguise for a long time... but know the fact are leading up... the two scientist are the same person

Top Bottom