• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

dan2026

1392417190507.jpg
:)

daveo42

Banned
Episode 18

Holy shit that was a great episode! Everything is finally coming together and that fucking ending reveal was fantastic. Damn this show has been amazing over the past several weeks.

FluxWaveZ

Episode 18

Heh, not bad. One of the only episodes from this series that has left me actively wanting to see the next.

Again, wasn't too into that weird Ragyo groping, but at least it didn't last too long.

It's interesting to me that
Ryuko seems to have surpassed Nui and that shocked her. Wonder if she'll return to her carefree demeanor after this episode or if that will have some lasting impacts on her character.

I'm hoping the rivalry between Ryuuko and Satuski actually develops and ramps up now that their relationship has been revealed. Watching the OP makes you wish for a second Kazuma x Ryuho but so far the banter between the two girls has been some of the weakest parts of the show

Fun episode but its hard to believe this was episode 18. Looking at where we are and where we started it makes you wonder what took so long

Gazoinks

I'm hoping the rivalry between Ryuuko and Satuski actually develops and ramps up now that their relationship has been revealed. Watching the OP makes you wish for a second Kazuma x Ryuho but so far the banter between the two girls has been some of the weakest parts of the show

Fun episode but its hard to believe this was episode 18. Looking at where we are and where we started it makes you wonder what took so long

Yeah. Almost the entire middle of the show felt like dead space, honestly. When it was airing and even more so now. I'm glad it's gotten good and delivering on its potential, but I wish it had started earlier.

Soriku

Okay yeah, this episode was really fucking good. The show has pretty dreadful pacing overall, but with things coming together it's been really entertaining the last few weeks. The direction this week was off the charts. They managed to get lots of different types of fights in, fill in story stuff, get a few Mako jokes in, and it just kept going on and on. There was even animation! I can't even hate on the music here, because most of the selection was spot on.

This is the KLK I've always wanted to watch. The KLK which shows up occasionally in some episodes, with the promise that at some point it would actually amount to something. Sogood. Now let's see if they can keep this trend running for the next 6 weeks. :)

Agree, the pacing was excellent and lots of stuff happened here. Some genuinely good fights too. I found some of the fights in the series to be just...OK, but it was all good here.

Cool plot revelation at the end too. Some people speculated it but I didn't quite expect that.

Also, I didn't expect Satsuki's father to have such big hair lol.

Not quite sure what to expect next episode. The Devas vs. the Anti-Spiral? I hope we get some backstory on Aikuro.

I was bummed that Rei -

TgWrpsw.jpg

- didn't really do anything.

She tried. Too bad she's at scrub status.

There is a way to direct a scene in which rape occurs...using it as a form of fan service is not the way to do it

There was literally nothing fan service-y about that scene. I have no idea why you even thought that.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

WHAT AN EPISODE.

OH MY GOD.

The "Dont Lose Your Way" scene gave me fucking chills.

Damn.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

And I totally did not call it. I do think that the baby part in Satsuki's flashback spoiled it a little but it was still great.

Predictions:

Ryuko is going to defeat Nui and give her half of the scissor sword to Satsuki. Satsuki will learn to bond with the Life Fibers like Ryuko has and both will go on 100% override to take down Ragyo.

Soriku

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

WHAT AN EPISODE.

OH MY GOD.

The "Dont Lose Your Way" scene gave me fucking chills.

Damn.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

And I totally did not call it. I do think that the baby part in Satsuki's flashback spoiled it a little but it was still great.

Predictions:

Ryuko is going to defeat Nui and give her half of the scissor sword to Satsuki. Satsuki will learn to bond with the Life Fibers like Ryuko has and both will go on 100% override to take down Ragyo.

At the end they'll probably combine the scissors and both of them will attack at the same time, causing a big explosion or some shit. Either that or Ryuko does it herself.

Also, Blumenkranz doesn't sound like a villain's theme, but it's still pretty hype even when it plays for Ragyo lol.

Goddamn I love Nudist Beach lol

At the end they'll probably combine the scissors and both of them will attack at the same time, causing a big explosion or some shit. Either that or Ryuko does it herself.

Also, Blumenkranz doesn't sound like a villain's theme, but it's still pretty hype even when it plays for Ragyo lol.

Blumenkranz is fucking awesome. Ragyo is not only a dope ass villain but she has the best theme in the entire show. Damn. When I become the emperor of planet Earth, I will blast this on my inauguration.

This show is really living up to the hype. The last few were so so good.

Renoir

More than ever i really feel Trigger is paying homage to devilman.
Ragyo transformation even has the antennas of Siren the Demon bird.

jman2050

The whole revelation of
Ryuko being Satsuki's sister
wasn't exactly hard to guess, you could do it just based on basic genre knowledge.

Execution is everything and they just hit it out of the park here. Those last 5ish minutes (from
Satsuki beheading Ragyo all the way till the end
) were basically perfect.

Satsuki's blade being destroyed just sets up the fact that she will wield the other Scissors blade in the future

Also Isshin is sooooooo the same guy as Satsuki's Dad

- Same goals

- Made a Scissors sword to defeat Ragyo

- Was known that he worked for Ragyo before rebelling

Likely the reason for his disguise was so that:

- He was suppose to be dead... Hence he was inhiding

- He did not want Ragyo to know that Ryuuko was her youngest daughter (Also another reason on why he sent her off to bordering school)

The guy still maintained his disguise even when being stabbed by the scissor's blade not to make Ragyo find out and later connect the dots

Even though a couple of those plot developments were predictable to anyone who was really paying attention... Holy shit. Amazing episode. The second half of this series is more than making up for any pacing issues the first half had.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how much of that is
even her mom
anymore, considering she
merged with the alien fiber

She did seem like a jackass 17 years ago though in that flashback. Which makes me wonder, did she undergo the lifefiber transformation before or after Ryuko? And anyways, as Ryuko has shown, just being one with lifefibers doesn't really make you a pervy genocidal megalomaniac.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
After Attack on Titan, I'm weary of picking up a recent anime series for fear that it will get another season and I'll have to wait a year+ for the next batch of episodes. Is that going to be the case with Kill la Kill or is it just the 24 episodes?

Astarte

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how much of that is
even her mom
anymore, considering she
merged with the alien fiber

That's even worse!
Is Rainbow Repulsa even aware that she's bad touching? If she is and the fibers are making her do it, that goes off in the deep end.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
After Attack on Titan, I'm weary of picking up a recent anime series for fear that it will get another season and I'll have to wait a year+ for the next batch of episodes. Is that going to be the case with Kill la Kill or is it just the 24 episodes?

Kill la Kill being an anime original doesn't need another season.

Top Bottom