• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

super2j

Neo Member
That ending almost killed me, I never went from 0 to hype so fast!!!!
Guys, they did that perfectly, I mean we knew most of it but that last twist, dear god. That is exactly why I watch T.V. for moments like that.

super2j

Neo Member
Even though a couple of those plot developments were predictable to anyone who was really paying attention... Holy shit. Amazing episode. The second half of this series is more than making up for any pacing issues the first half had.

I cannot agree harder. I mean there are so many things we called out but everytime they just bump it up a level. I was freaking out so hard.

I would tell you to fuck off, but that wouldnt be neogaf appropriate... but apparently asking someone if they got a "chubby" because some fucked up show sexualizes rape of a minor is

I'm sorry but what? Rape is sexual by nature. It cannot be 'sexualized' when it is already a sexual act. It sounds like you're just angry that there are rape scenes in general (which I do not think is right, I thought they did a good job of showing how fucked up and inhumane Ragyo is).

And frankly, the attempted murder of an infant ranks higher on disgust level than that.

I think sn00zer used the wrong term ... or at least a better term would be "they portrayed the rape/ molestation of her daughter as an erotic scene". Erotic being the key here.

I couldn't for the love of me figure out wtf you all were talking about ... I mean, those are hentie scenes. There's no ifs, ands or buts ... that is fanservicey and erotic just like many things in the show.

But tonight I was watching American Dad and I saw something that reminded me of this topic. It was a bit where Roger's dancing and he grabs Toshi, makes him dance with him a bit before he bends him over and starts humping him as everyone awkwardly stares. It came across as humorous and as I was laughing I realized what the disconnect here was. That was funny because of the way it was handled and portrayed. Roger's character is "sick and twisted" among other things but the reason they can show his sexual abuse of others as gags is because of the way they handle them and write them and show them.

There ARE ways to show what Rag does to her as being actually disgusting and disturbing and dark without making it erotic. The simple fact of the matter is that, like everything else in this series (Hello, those fucking outfits/ ass-n-tits shots/ portray of nudey and so on), it's fanservice and given an erotic edge/ angle. That's what sn00zer meant I think and if that's the cause I wholeheartedly agree.

A-V-B

Okay. That's fine.

Still ain't fanservice, though. Unless they're appealing to the lucrative child raping shitlord demographic.

LeleSocho

Banned
Okay. That's fine.

Still ain't fanservice, though. Unless they're appealing to the lucrative child raping shitlord demographic.

Child? You mean high school girls, there are a lot of other anime who do roughly the same thing and there lots of people who "appreciate" what are they seeing... that's why is fanservice and not something that wants you to make feel bad, as i see it those scenes' end scope are to make the watcher horny, and that's why i feel uneasy not because of the scenes per se which aren't totally explicit or grotesque (even if it's bad taste nonetheless) but because are there just to increase the already insane amount of fanservice in the anime.

Okay. That's fine.

Ummmm, I would have to say that fan service has less to do with "context" (OR doesn't HAVE to have much to do with context) but has everything to do with visual erotic imagery of characters.

In other words, this doesn't play to the "Mother Daughter" fans ... it's FS for viewers who want to see her put in sexual positions. Like I said, there are TRULY disgusting and disturbing ways of portraying molestation and sexual abuse ... shows like FG and American dad portray it with humor, Trigger chose to make it erotic fan service like many other things in the show. Something like "Now and Then, Here and There" is a great example of how this can be portrayed in a disturbing manner.

Gbraga

I just hope
Satsuki doesn't become a support character. It would be way too cool for her to fight without a Kamui.

dan2026

In other words, this doesn't play to the "Mother Daughter" fans ... it's FS for viewers who want to see her put in sexual positions. Like I said, there are TRULY disgusting and disturbing ways of portraying molestation and sexual abuse ... shows like FG and American dad portray it with humor, Trigger chose to make it erotic fan service like many other things in the show. Something like "Now and Then, Here and There" is a great example of how this can be portrayed in a disturbing manner.

But nothing in this show has been truly disgusting or disturbing.
That isn't what this show is about. Its an action comedy remember and a sexy one at that.

Why should they throw that all away with a truly disgusting graphic rape scene?

Evilisk

I just hope
Satsuki doesn't become a support character. It would be way too cool for her to fight without a Kamui.

absolutely. Satsuki doesn't need them fancy godrobes.

She's not going to become a support character, she's definitely going to re-get Junketsu at one point and they'll have one episode where at least we'll see both Kamui's working and fighting together, (I'm about 200% certain the later is going to happen).

TheOGB

Banned
That's an interesting point you bring up, Black-Wind. Perhaps if the scene(s) showed more of the effects of the acts (Satsuki's face; the vulnerability, humiliation, shame) instead of focusing on the bad touch and following with an orgasm... that could still get the point across while being less erotic, maybe even be more effective, no?

patapuf

She's not going to become a support character, she's definitely going to re-get Junketsu at one point and they'll have one episode where at least we'll see both Kamui's working and fighting together, (I'm about 200% certain the later is going to happen).

I agree that this is what's probably going to happen. Would still be more fun the other way round though ;)

Gbraga

I think the ideal scenario for Satsuki would be
regular clothes + Harime's blade.

EDIT:
I've also considered the possibility of her becoming a nudist, but the nosebleeds would be too stronk.

Thoraxes

Satsuki's blade being destroyed just sets up the fact that she will wield the other Scissors blade in the future

Also Isshin is sooooooo the same guy as Satsuki's Dad

- Same goals

- Made a Scissors sword to defeat Ragyo

- Was known that he worked for Ragyo before rebelling

Likely the reason for his disguise was so that:

- He was suppose to be dead... Hence he was inhiding

- He did not want Ragyo to know that Ryuuko was her youngest daughter (Also another reason on why he sent her off to bordering school)

The guy still maintained his disguise even when being stabbed by the scissor's blade not to make Ragyo find out and later connect the dots
I'm still pretty confident that Isshin is a separate person from the rest whose fate really is fully known at this point in time.

I'm pretty sure they made it a point to say he was an adoptive father once, iirc (i'll check to be absolutely sure!). He was the one who she knew as her dad. I'll rewatch everything in a few days just to be sure.

Sure they can just use another twist to have them be the same person though, so I guess anything can happen. And well, you might be right because of the rules of anime-hair and their relation to genealogy.

sn00zer

I think sn00zer used the wrong term ... or at least a better term would be "they portrayed the rape/ molestation of her daughter as an erotic scene". Erotic being the key here.

I couldn't for the love of me figure out wtf you all were talking about ... I mean, those are hentie scenes. There's no ifs, ands or buts ... that is fanservicey and erotic just like many things in the show.

But tonight I was watching American Dad and I saw something that reminded me of this topic. It was a bit where Roger's dancing and he grabs Toshi, makes him dance with him a bit before he bends him over and starts humping him as everyone awkwardly stares. It came across as humorous and as I was laughing I realized what the disconnect here was. That was funny because of the way it was handled and portrayed. Roger's character is "sick and twisted" among other things but the reason they can show his sexual abuse of others as gags is because of the way they handle them and write them and show them.

There ARE ways to show what Rag does to her as being actually disgusting and disturbing and dark without making it erotic. The simple fact of the matter is that, like everything else in this series (Hello, those fucking outfits/ ass-n-tits shots/ portray of nudey and so on), it's fanservice and given an erotic edge/ angle. That's what sn00zer meant I think and if that's the cause I wholeheartedly agree.

Yep this is what i meant....

FluxWaveZ

But nothing in this show has been truly disgusting or disturbing.
That isn't what this show is about. Its an action comedy remember and a sexy one at that.

Why should they throw that all away with a truly disgusting graphic rape scene?

You mean what they've already shown?

Okay. That's fine.

The age of consent in Japan is 14. There are tons of examples of anime that very clearly have sexualized teenagers as characters. There are also many anime with dudes that want to fuck their sisters, or sisters that want to fuck their brothers.

You really think Japan doesn't have an anime watching demographic that gets off to sexualized teens?

A-V-B

The age of consent in Japan is 14. There are tons of examples of anime that very clearly sexualized teenagers. There are also many anime with dudes that want to fuck their sisters, or sisters that want to fuck their brothers.

You really think Japan doesn't have an anime watching demographic that gets off to sexualized teens?

I'd like to think the creators of TTGL are still a little better than that. Yes, I say this in a show with transformation sequences like we've had, but you know, I think it's always been in a sort of.. open, hippy-ish mode. Like the message has always been "free your body!" not "molestation is super sexy!"

I really do think those Ragyo scenes are meant to disturb the shit out of us, like the baby being dumped down the chute or the hand coming up as Ragyo's beating up Satsuki. And like the latter, they don't shrug on showing it to you. They give it to you full-on. Maybe it's not the classiest or subtlest approach, but KLK's never been about subtle. Like, ever.

Odrion

Banned
Yeah, other teenagers. I think a lot of people forget that a lot of this shit is aimed at 13~16 year olds.

I don't think Ragyo's touching was meant to be sexy. I think it's intended purpose is to creep everyone out and make us hate her. Which it is doing.

Vito

Banned
Yeah, other teenagers. I think a lot of people forget that a lot of this shit is aimed at 13~16 year olds.

Kill la Kill airs at 2 am, a lot of this stuff is late night, like 10pm-1am. Anyhow I missed this valentines illustration by Tetsuya Wakano: https://twitter.com/startoy1/status/434075187122692096

xGJiiae.jpg

PK Gaming

Kill la Kill airs at 2 am, a lot of this stuff is late night, like 10pm-1am. Anyhow I missed this valentines illustration by Tetsuya Wakano: https://twitter.com/startoy1/status/434075187122692096

xGJiiae.jpg

Jesus...

All this time, I've been biding my time... waiting for something like this to happen.

It's time to launch our counterattack! Cut down those Gamamako fans where they stand. VICTORY IS WITHIN OUR GRASP!
LOL, this should give some ammo to the ship to ship combat crowd.

Damn straight

Nikodemos

It's a box of chocolates...

Which contains her mother's 'special' "mystery meat" fried dumplings. Note the bone sticking out of the box.

The age of consent in Japan is 14. There are tons of examples of anime that very clearly have sexualized teenagers as characters. There are also many anime with dudes that want to fuck their sisters, or sisters that want to fuck their brothers.

Actually, 13 is the age on the books, but every prefecture has laws that bump it up to at least 17.

Top Bottom