• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Sdoots

I don't really like anime. I enjoyed Cowboy Bebop, Gurren Lagann, and DBZ growing up, but that's about it.

I marathoned the 18 episodes that are currently subbed of this yesterday and I need more. Holy shit.

Tuck

Episode 4 was so fucking good. Getting to school on time through a city filled with traps? What an idea. Hilarious all the way through. And the villain of the episode was so crazy. Love it.

Episode 4 was so fucking good. Getting to school on time through a city filled with traps? What an idea. Hilarious all the way through. And the villain of the episode was so crazy. Love it.

for your own safety you should marathon the rest less a wild spoiler smacks you in the face eventually

Jintor

Yeah, you need to get out of here man asap until you're up to date

mjontrix

You should leave this thread and finish watching up the remaining episodes.

Make sure you separate watching 14 and 15 on separate days - 15 is too much to just marathon through! It's my second favorite episode so far! Won't tell you which one is my favorite though.

the last two episodes were just

i7giMPVBBwIW1.gif

Really enjoying this anime, i like it better than Gurren for sure

Tuck

for your own safety you should marathon the rest less a wild spoiler smacks you in the face eventually

You know when you watch something really awesome and think "I have to tell someone about this!" Thats pretty much where I am right now. But I see where you are coming from.

I should be all caught up by tomorrow, then I'll be back.

You know when you watch something really awesome and think "I have to tell someone about this!" Thats pretty much where I am right now. But I see where you are coming from.

That's good because you should be just in time to watch episode 19 provided it's not delayed again.

your either at the halfway point, or somewhere in the 2nd half of the season then

Superflat

Caught up on episodes 10-18 yesterday and today.

I went from really enjoying it to loving it after episode 12.
Nui's entrance was incredibly chilling, and the last two episodes with Satsuki's mother showing her power and the display of chaos in general was a fucking trip. Predicted Satsuki's true nature and betrayal, but seeing it actually happen was way more of a spectacle than I imagined.

Sdoots

I'm trying to add notes to the songs on the OST so I can more easily determine which track is which since the titles are, well, indecipherable, in some cases.

Anyone here who has the OST as well that can lend me some help? I've already got Blumenkranz down, and Before my body is dry, but stuff that's all in hiragana or katakana (can't tell which) or some mix of either of those and romanji would be nice to get some help with.

Nikodemos

Spoiler about Ragyo:

So, unless I've been miscounting due to bad eyesight, Ragyo's back has seven stars sewn onto it, right?

TheOGB

Banned
I'm trying to add notes to the songs on the OST so I can more easily determine which track is which since the titles are, well, indecipherable, in some cases.

Anyone here who has the OST as well that can lend me some help? I've already got Blumenkranz down, and Before my body is dry, but stuff that's all in hiragana or katakana (can't tell which) or some mix of either of those and romanji would be nice to get some help with.
This is what I've gone by:

01 Before my body is dry - DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAY
02 goriLLA JaL (Gorilla Jaru) - First half Ira Gamagoori's theme, second half Nonon Jakuzure's theme
03 INUKA3L (Inuka Saru) - First half Houka Inumuta's theme, second half Uzu Sanageyama's theme
04 Blumenkranz - Ragyo Kiryuuin's theme
05 Ad la lib - melancholy piano stuff
06 Kiryuu ga KILL - Satsuki Kiryuuin's theme
07 KILL7laKILL (KILL nara KILL)
08 Suck your blood - First half Senketsu's theme, second half Nudist Beach/Aikuro theme
09 Kixtu9=KELL (Kick = KELL)
10 k1ll wa iLL
11 Light your heart up
12 HILL la liLL - silly/mischief music
13 KiLL la LIVE (think I got this from the NA tracklist?) - First half DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY instrumental
14 Kiryuu ha KILL - First half alt. Satsuki theme, second half SHIT IS GOING DOWN theme (best example:
announcement of Battlefield Trip, ep 12 post-credits
)
15 I want to know
16 NELLnaKI9 (Neru na Kiku)
17 KiLLaKiLL - First half ominous creepy theme used in previews, second half Harime Nui's theme
18 Till I Die

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
02 goriLLA JaL (Gorilla Jaru) - First half Ira Gamagoori's theme, second half militant theme
03 INUKA3L (Inuka Saru) - First half Houka Inumuta's theme, second half Uzu Sanageyama's theme
08 Suck your blood - Nudist Beach/Aikuro related, and I think Senketsu? (first half)
10 k1ll wa iLL
11 Light your heart up
13 KiLL la LIVE (think I got this from the NA tracklist?) - First half DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY instrumental
14 Kiryuu ha KILL - First half 3/4 time Satsuki theme, second half SHIT IS GOING DOWN theme (best example:
)
15 I want to know
16 NELLnaKI9 (Neru na Kiku) - ???
17 KiLLaKiLL - First half ominous creepy theme used in previews, second half Harime Nui's theme
18 Till I Die

Actually, does Nonon Jakuzure have a theme at all? Or is it just band music?
I thought you was naming usernames that have popped up since kill la kill started airing until I read what you quoted.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It better not be delayed agian!

IF SO ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

02 goriLLA JaL (Gorilla Jaru) - First half Ira Gamagoori's theme, second half militant theme
08 Suck your blood - Nudist Beach/Aikuro related, and I think Senketsu? (first half)
10 k1ll wa iLL
11 Light your heart up
14 Kiryuu ha KILL - First half alt. Satsuki theme, second half SHIT IS GOING DOWN theme (best example:
)
15 I want to know
16 NELLnaKI9 (Neru na Kiku) - ???
18 Till I Die

Actually, does Nonon Jakuzure have a theme at all? Or is it just band music?

Track 10 appears in the newest episode when
brainwashed Ryuko fights against Satsuki

Sdoots

That list is super helpful, thanks. I hadn't been paying enough attention it seems, I only caught the first half/second half on one track, but it clearly happens multiple times now that I have that in front of me and I'm listening again.

Chariot

It was used in her flashback in episode 10, so that's good enough for me. :p
Ah, yeah, she had orchestra music, when she entered the stage. But yes, Flashback, episode 5 when she confronted Tsumugu and when she was on the Tri City Raid twice, definitiv her theme.

Top Bottom