• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

phaze

dawwww Gamagori saves his bride to be.

Timeskip felt like a copout. Have a hard time believing that Ragyo would let her newly discovered daughter escape so easily. Oh well at least she's trying to fix her mistake now. Molesting Satsuki all the time must have gotten boring after a while.

Ryuko lost her sanity but at least she's rolling with a superior set of clothes now.

TheOGB

Banned
Or what if they're using fanservice... to do us a disservice? :O

Episode 19 thoughts as I watch
- dat OTP
- damn, this whole intro...
- Nudist Beach Nonon? Fuckin sweet (and goriLLA JaL second half theme confirmed again :p)
- And the rest of the Elite Four! (obviously)
- RIP Kanto krew
- DTR, dat slo-mo
- This motherfucker is serious about his tea. He should totally fight Hououmaru
- Senketsu x Sukuya otp. Let him cover you~
- LMAO paused it on Aikuro at the door
- Sukuya x everyone but Barazo. She wants the sparkle
- Gama-chan visits the in-laws
- damn, they did So-Isshin-ro dirty
- Ragyo is literally trolling Satsuki with sexual abuse. FUCK Ragyo.
- "It's like they're having a winter clearance sale." Hahaha, that was a good one.
- Bahahaha, "We'll talk later." So cute :3
- HARPS OF DEATH
- Ryuko lost her way! D:

Another good one. Shit's gettin realer than real now.

Giolon

ROFLMFuckingAO

Mako's mom stared at
Aikuro's junk
every moment they were on screen together.

Also,
Mako X Gamagoori
is adorable. OTP indeed.

Blusby

Sounds like next ep will be really introspective-focused, all because of Ryuuko having to angst over some nonconsequential bullshit. We only have 4 episodes after that left too.

NotLiquid

Really? Even worse than Nui?

I strongly dislike Nui, but she at least gets things done and has justifiable reasons to be a villain.

Ryuko has done nothing but be a monkey wrench for a bigger scheme that would have benefited her, and save for some scenes where animation budget shows she's been pointless.

I used to like her a lot during the first half when it was still clear that there was a lot of development yet to be had but with five episodes left to go she's still accomplished nothing worth mentioning. Satsuki is more of a protagonist than she is.

Now I know why Satsuki fans love her so much.

TheOGB

Banned
I dunno guys, I'm pretty sure I'd hate everything too if I were a 17 year old hothead and found out I'm related to female Heihachi Mishima

Thoraxes

Kill la Kill - 19

Fucking awesome episode. Really loved the turn of events this week, and a perfect mix of intrigue, somber atmosphere, and fighting spirit.
The VA-work for Ryuuko at the end was really intense, and i'm consistently pleasured by how good all of it has been this whole journey. They really sell it well. I like how they forged new blades of of Byakuzan and DAT NONNON NUDIST BEACH OUTFIT YEAAAHHHHH.

All the side gags were great too. That one little kid with the chainsaw cutting into the pig's head in the sewer-type areas was hilarious. The mom looking at sensei's penis was funny. Gama-chan's changing sizes again, everything.

I'd say Ryuuko's personality change was very justified, but I do hope it doesn't last too long. It seems that she's able to use more of her life fiber powers without Senketsu now, which begs the question of how far will they go on their own, considering her realizations. Since the Osaka raid we've seen this process begin.

Ragyo showing her dominance over Satsuki was also pretty great too. I wonder what they were talking about (I can't recall the name atm), unless of course it's that giant COVER that Nui is making. I also wonder why Satsuki (and her rage) has to be integral to it.

Great fucking episode.

Super-excited to see how these next episodes wrap up.

OTP OTP OTP OTP based TRIGGER GODS.

I knew he faked his own death and became Dr. Matoi

hahahahahahaha I was right and some people never believed me!

Also WTF is wrong with Ragyo

kinda disgusting

Zeppeli

Banned
I knew he faked his own death and became Dr. Matoi

hahahahahahaha I was right and some people never believed me!

Also WTF is wrong with Ragyo

kinda disgusting

It's meant to make you feel disgusted and disturbed, so they're doing their job. It certainly isn't meant for fanservice.

Bombless

Episode 19

NUDISTS! NUDISTS EVERYWHERE!!

Quite a few things were thrown out there this episode, I suspect in order to leave more space for action from here on (which would fit with the previews annoucement). Brrrring on next week!

Dresden

I can already see the final battle:

Satsuki: "Okay, on the count of three, we chop this bitch's head off with our scissors."

Ryuko: "Wait! She's our mother!"

Satsuki: "But--"

Ryuko: "I can't do thissssss--something something BAKEMONO" *runs away*

THANK YOU FOR WATCHING

PLEASE WAIT FOR SEASON TWO

TheOGB

Banned
Well from the look of it, it seems that she loses her way once a month. Fairly normal...it'll pass.
1OhJ8Xq.jpg

Zeppeli

Banned
I can already see the final battle:

Satsuki: "Okay, on the count of three, we chop this bitch's head off with our scissors."

Ryuko: "Wait! She's our mother!"

Satsuki: "But--"

Ryuko: "I can't do thissssss--something something BAKEMONO" *runs away*

THANK YOU FOR WATCHING

PLEASE WAIT FOR SEASON TWO

Trigger definitely knows how to write a teenage girl so this is entirely possible.

Ninjimbo

Ryuko gives me a headache, but she looked pretty awesome there at the end. They know how to do rage over there at Trigger.

Great episode again. It went by quick. I didn't think the Gamagoori-Mako thing would pan out, but I'm glad it's happening.

Ragyo is trying to make Satsuki rage so they can create another monster like when Ryuko lost control. Nui's sole purpose attacking Ryuko back then was to check out the power level and shit when they go on that monster form.

Silky

Banned
Well that episode was hype af.

I need more baby Ryuko pics. I also really don't think the molesting is necessary but it's whatever. Ragyo better have a marvelous death.

Evilisk

This was a good episode, so great that the (relatively) big supporting cast got some time on their own (my body wasn't ready for Nudist Jakuzure O:). I think they were all pretty great this episode, except for maybe the analyst characters (and he still got that funny DTR scene) and Tsumugu, surprisingly enough (seriously he was barely in this episode)

I think I audibly groaned at the ending, partly because of Ryuuko somehow being able to destroy the covers army, and save everybody and doing it one attack and mostly because she's probably getting over it next episode. Seriously, somebody tranquilize her and take the Scissor Blade, Ryuuko was by far the most boring part of the episode, and
Senketsu deserves way better (he also needs more screentime as just a uniform because seeing him straddle around like that is so damn adorable)

Also if I interpreted that scene with the Sewing Club right, it seems that they're converting Honnouji into one big Covers alien so we might be seeing Honnouji = mecha/kamui theory soo

Giolon

Whats up with Aikuro insisting upon calling it DTR?

Takarada's robot was called Dotonbori Robo (presumably after the area in Osaka).

Aikuro's robot is called DTR - which everyone keeps saying "Does it stand for Dotonbori Robo?" and he's like "No, it's just DTR!"

FluxWaveZ

I was all for
new Ryuuko until I realized it was another of her teenage angst moments due to self-pity

Cool episode, though.

Top Bottom