• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

I'll admit GL didn't grab me from the start and by the time I got episode 5-7, some asshole spoiled a major moment that stopped me from finishing it....

then Netflix took it off their site.

so

If it's the spoiler I'm thinking of, it probably happened in the very next episode. Though if you weren't liking it by then, no need to force yourself.

Still, I think it's worth giving to at least episode 11 regardless of what you think of the beginning. That episode is responsible for my transformation in the OP.

Really starting to hate the fan service. Its fucking awful. The overly frantic parts are also annoying to watch.

But the teacher stripping scene was hilarious. Action is so good as well.

Good episode. From that preview, does that mean Satsuki
also has a Kamui!?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
It's pretty dope so far. That scene where she was upside down against the wall in the tennis match and her vagina bulge was showing made me embarrassed.
zWVbK.gif

PK Gaming

Kill la Kill 1 & 2

Someone mentioned that it was like supped up version of Medaka Box, and I agree. It's Medaka's Box but turned up to 11. The characters are mostly one note but that's fine, I wasn't expecting much. The protagonist is surprisingly good, and i'm glad she understands the concept of picking your fights. The plot is complete nonsense, but I expected as much. It's all about guts and awesome fight sequences.

So overall, pretty good! I can't get enough of that killer animation.

About her outfit: It's really awful, stupid and it makes no sense but... it's really, really sexy. Those shameless ass and underboob shots were but sooo shameful but deep down inside I loved them. It really bothers me that I feel that way, haha.

I really love the visuals and world setting, but for some reason this show irritates the hell out of me. Can't say I enjoy all the constant yelling going on. I wanted to enjoy this but only ended up getting a headache from what I've seen so far.

Watched the first episode. Sucks that something this fucking cool feels the need to have the obligatory amount of embarrassing fanservice. There's a line between sexy and juvenile.

I'll keep watching, if only for the awesome manic pace and humor (right after the "teehee her bewbs are being squished by the outfit tightening" moments there's the awesome bit of editing with the blood splatter), but fanservice like this is extremely tiresome to me.

Gazoinks

Took a look at TVTropes' Wild Mass Guessing page:

Satsuki isn't Ryuko's father's killer.

Rather, it's Mako. She only befriends Ryuko to get her red Scissor Blade back and finish what she started, after Ryuko takes down the Student Council for her first so they won't get in her way. She pretends not to notice or worry about the carnage around her because she's just that used to death around her. Her white and blue outfit goes well with her blue Scissor Blade, the opposite of Ryuko's black and red outfit. That, and she cut her hair so Ryuko can't recognize her.

This would be a pretty amazing plot twist.

LordCanti

Took a look at TVTropes' Wild Mass Guessing page:

This would be a pretty amazing plot twist.

I don't know why Mako wouldn't have just taken Senketsu for herself and then taken the other scissor blade by force if that were the case, unless we're going to find out that only Ryuko's blood works (in which case her Dad is kind of a douche for making the suit that revealing and harmful).

I just don't think it fits. Her family is batshit crazy, but they seemed close enough that they'd know if their daughter had wielded scissors and killed Ryuko's father in some distant area. She'd also probably be kicked out of school by now for not showing up. Then again, she does laugh at the fact her father has killed a lot of patients, shows no feelings whatsoever at the fact a classmate has been murdered, and is in the class with sensei (who knew where to find Senketsu), so...maybe?

My theory is (not a wild theory, more of a "probably somewhere close because I've seen too much anime" theory, so don't read if you hate that kind of thing):
Ryuko's Dad worked at the factory where Goku are made, and was tasked with making one more powerful than any other (the Kamui, or..uhh.. God...Outfit, I don't know how to translate that but I assume it has something to do with "kami" or "God"). At that point he secretly made a second one, and was discovered. The scissors were probably made to cut the "cloth" that make up the Goku, hence Satsuki's knowledge that her sword was sharper (it cuts Kamui, vs the scissors that cut Goku). In trying to cut Satsuki (or maybe her mother's) Kamui, the scissors broke into two pieces. Mako might have one through Sensei (potentially Ryuko's fathers assistant?), and is hoping to join forces with Ryuko once she's leveled up. There also has to be a resistance movement, because that'd be cool and we all like cool things.

Gazoinks

I don't know why Mako wouldn't have just taken Senketsu for herself and then taken the other scissor blade by force if that were the case, unless we're going to find out that only Ryuko's blood works (in which case her Dad is kind of a douche for making the suit that revealing and harmful).

I just don't think it fits. Her family is batshit crazy, but they seemed close enough that they'd know if their daughter had wielded scissors and killed Ryuko's father in some distant area. She'd also probably be kicked out of school by now for not showing up. Then again, she does laugh at the fact her father has killed a lot of patients, shows no feelings whatsoever at the fact a classmate has been murdered, and is in the class with sensei (who knew where to find Senketsu), so...maybe?

Shush you.

(Wild Mass Guessing theories are purposely silly, I was mostly joking. :p)

duckroll

I don't think the other half is blue. That just seems like a color effect for that flashback panel. When you see the reflection in her eye, it's red.

Soriku

I really love the visuals and world setting, but for some reason this show irritates the hell out of me. Can't say I enjoy all the constant yelling going on. I wanted to enjoy this but only ended up getting a headache from what I've seen so far.

It seems you are not hot-blooded enough.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Buncha dudes ashamed of their sexuality up in here. Aint nothin wrong with purposefully overblown sexy times. Your mom isn't watching.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Buncha dudes ashamed of their sexuality up in here. Aint nothin wrong with purposefully overblown sexy times. Your mom isn't watching.
I honestly think most people hate fanservice because of the insulation that it's pandering to the depraved classes of society which is otakus.. which seems to bother people for some reason.;p

LordCanti

I honestly think most people hate fanservice because of the insulation that it's pandering to the depraved classes of society which is otakus.. which seems to bother people for some reason.;p

As if cleaning anime up is going to change anyone's preconceived notion that we're all nerds.

NEO0MJ

I would be extremely surprised if a show like this could be that clever.

In Imashi's last work, P&S, it turned out that
the lazy, candy loving Stocking was a demon all long.

I think some are bothered by how young the character is.

Gazoinks

Agh don't bring that up, it makes me sad. ;_;

What about some speculation? I'm predicting that by the end of the series the school in Hokkaido(or was it somewhere else?) are the actual antagonists.

I'm just waiting for the bit where the school turns out to be a giant sailor suit and fights another school.

cntr

Banned
Huh, reading up on the series, apparently the most of the planet in Kill la Kill has been reduced to a barren wasteland.

I wonder if
the later parts of the series will expand their focus to the rest of the world, possibly with a newly liberated Honnouji Academy with Ryuko at the helm against the other fascistic schools. Would be a great setting change, a la TTGL.

Gazoinks

Huh, reading up on the series, apparently the most of the planet in Kill la Kill has been reduced to a barren wasteland.

I wonder if
the later parts of the series will expand their focus to the rest of the world, possibly with a newly liberated Honnouji Academy with Ryuko at the helm against the other fascistic schools. Would be a great setting change, a la TTGL.

That would be pretty cool, I could totally see that happening. Maybe Satsuki's mother is the Lord Genome and Satsuki actually gets taken down fairly early, then the second half of the series or whatever is this.

7Th

I wonder if

The narration in the first PV pretty much said that the conflict between Ryuuko and Satsuki was going to start in the school but was eventually going to involve Japan and the world itself.

cntr

Banned
The narration in the first PV pretty much said that the conflict between Ryuuko and Satsuki was going to start in the school but was eventually going to involve Japan and the world itself.

Oh? Very interesting.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the school being a giant seifuku doesn't come into play in this scenario.

Sinople

This show is awesome, and I usually hate fan-service. I just don't care here.
Now I'm afraid Valvrave 2 will be boring in comparison.

cntr

Banned
I thought they broke the 1970s J-Pop theme naming of the episode titles with the third episode, but nope, Junketsu is a real song. It means "chastity" in the case of the song, but likely means "pure blood" as the name of Satsuki's Kamui.

FluxWaveZ

I watched the show, but that was just a random plot twist that happened out of nowhere at the very end of the series for dramatic effect and that had no bearing on the overall story, which will probably also never be followed up on.

Matoi's fucking outfit though. Christ. That type of pandering bullshit is what makes me stop watching most animes that come out now a days.

Agreed, ugh. I honestly found it annoying. It reduced the awesomeness of the first fight (only watched the first episode so far, debating whether I want to suffer through some more cringe worthy shit). Seriously though, I really think the main character seems pretty cool, just has a ton of attitude never present in most anime. I especially like that she has a very mature voice, not squeaky like every other single seiyuu of girl characters in anime. I just hate that the show is undermining her character by having this pandering bullcrap. It's just so stupid.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
[

Mako is so precious and Mako and Ryuko are the best new BroTP
/perfectship

Mako is too fucking adorable, and so is her mom.

I'm guessing people did notice the two dogs fucking as they were riding up the tram car, right? :p

Top Bottom