• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Shun

Just saw the episode and this was literally on my mind the entire time.

tumblr_n1f3ygiQ4M1sdhuzuo1_500.jpg

Odrion

Banned
They need to figure out Kickstarter and get a real budget. I know they did LWA on KS, but if they had kickstarted Kill la Kill, no one would be whining about the animation budget now.
I wouldn't mind the animation budget if they focused on characters and better writing more instead of having so much poorly animated action.

Giolon

They need to figure out Kickstarter and get a real budget. I know they did LWA on KS, but if they had kickstarted Kill la Kill, no one would be whining about the animation budget now.
LWA2 is Kickstarter'd and won't be made until this summer after KLK ends.

LWA was funded by a government grant or something like that.

LordCanti

LWA2 is Kickstarter'd and won't be made until this summer after KLK ends.

LWA was funded by a government grant or something like that.

I wonder if there is some weird Japanese business thing that would keep them from taking donations for something while also having traditional partners in the business (record company, merch companies, etc).

"From the makers of Gurren Lagann" would have brought "TAKE ALL MY MONEY!" levels of donations (as it did with LWA2 I guess).

Dresden

I wonder if there is some weird Japanese business thing that would keep them from taking donations for something while also having traditional partners in the business (record company, merch companies, etc).

That's what they did for LWA2, isn't it? Been a while, but they already had the funding in place for something similar in length to the first feature (which in turn was supported by YATP/japanese gubbernment), and the crowdfunding stuff was there to add onto it, not create.

I guess the shipping as crossed into that "years from now" phase.

:3

2fatherlymoe4me

LordCanti

That's what they did for LWA2, isn't it? Been a while, but they already had the funding in place for something similar in length to the first feature (which in turn was supported by YATP/japanese gubbernment), and the crowdfunding stuff was there to add onto it, not create.

KLK would cost considerably more than LWA2.

That's why I asked if they could have taken in kickstarter funds and traditional funds. If they took in KS money on top of getting money the traditional way, the project would be swimming in it.

Psxphile

I guess the shipping as crossed into that "years from now" phase.

TRIGGER: "And then, when they least expect it... BAM, dead Gama! They thought Simon and Nia was bad? They dared to suggest that Gainax ruined their Christmas!? THEY HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET!!"

Top Bottom