• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

TRIGGER: "And then, when they least expect it... BAM, dead Gama! They thought Simon and Nia was bad? They dared to suggest that Gainax ruined their Christmas!? THEY HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET!!"

He's totally going to take fatal injuries protecting Mako and end up dying in the same position as when he lost to Satsuki- propping himself up with something. He will never kneel, not even to Death itself.

A-V-B

He's totally going to take fatal injuries protecting Mako and end up dying in the same position as when he lost to Satsuki- propping himself up with something. He will never kneel, not even to Death itself.

And then he turns into an eternal stone statue of manliness

NEO0MJ

TRIGGER: "And then, when they least expect it... BAM, dead Gama! They thought Simon and Nia was bad? They dared to suggest that Gainax ruined their Christmas!? THEY HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET!!"

But only after Mako confesses her love to Ryuko and tells him that they can still be friends.

Thoraxes

l-Just-Hamster-eating-a-bit-of-banana.jpg

Hahahaha i'm DYING.

todd360

I think I'm against the pairing just because she would be destroyed guys. Absolutely destroyed. It would be like shoving that banana down that hamsters throat and expecting it to live.

Saya Brea

Banned
I think the sexual relationship we should be discussing is the one between Caterpillar brows and mommy caterpillar brows.

Reallly creepy lady. seriously. I get they're hinting at a reason why she's acting like that, and I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but it's still creepy.

Zeroth

I think the sexual relationship we should be discussing is the one between Caterpillar brows and mommy caterpillar brows.

Reallly creepy lady. seriously. I get they're hinting at a reason why she's acting like that, and I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but it's still creepy.

It has been discussed for a while now. Are you caught up with the episodes? The last ones suggest it's more of a sadistic thing than a sexual interest.

Saya Brea

Banned
It has been discussed for a while now. Are you caught up with the episodes? The last ones suggest it's more of a sadistic thing than a sexual interest.

Yeah, I am. I'm actually thinking it's going to be something more like
the mother is going to take over her body or give her body to the original fiber and that's why she has to stay alive. It's still creepy though.

And sorry, I should have read the last few pages.

Dresden

That's why I asked if they could have taken in kickstarter funds and traditional funds. If they took in KS money on top of getting money the traditional way, the project would be swimming in it.

Assuming they can get 600k+ like LWA2, that's still about 25k per each episode. Not that production budget is so strictly portioned, but that's what it averages out to, and considering what we know to be the average budget - which isn't much, to be fair, but I don't think anyone watching KLK is expecting an above average amount for the show - would run around 300k~ usd per episode or so. So that's what, a 10 percent increase or so?

And that's assuming they can even receive this much. The pitch isn't exactly inspiring - it's not to let them make the show, it's for a promise of improvements that backers won't see in tangible form, unless the studio has a history of shitty animation or lack thereof that they can compare with a post-crowdfunded production (which, after KLK, will be there so who knows!). It's not like they'll be able to create before/after comparisons. LWA2's KS promised more LWA, but a KLK kickstarter won't even have that.

There's also the corporate sponsors to worry about; TV animation like KLK is different from LWA in that you have multiple backers (aka production committees), and there's no telling what their individual stances regarding crowdfunding will be like. You just run into a buzzsaw of complications.

Only way it would work is if Gama is into pegging.

I'd be okay with this. Mako Mankanshoku discovering a hidden passion for sadism . . .

Evilisk

What on earth is going on with Crunchyroll lately?

I don't have a clue

Though I'm finding this to be such a weird coincidence. Last week Samurai Flamenco had no new episode and KLK came out with no problems, and Samurai Flamenco is now coming back and KLK is getting delayed again.

I have better spanish subs in daisuki, and they are probably going to put it sooner in there, so it doesn't bother me. Sucks for english speakers though.
I dont understand 24 hours delays though. I don't know how they can get to that.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
English subs late again? Ok, then, where's the site with the italian/spanish/german/whatever subs? Even by PM, if possible.

Raxus

I just come to expect delays at this point. I was actually more shocked last episode arrived on 'time'.
English subs late again? Ok, then, where's the site with the italian/spanish/german/whatever subs? Even by PM, if possible.
No need to be sneaky. Daisuki is legal
(at least animeGAF told me so)
and posts all the subs.

Top Bottom