• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

NotLiquid

Fucking wow, Trigger.

NeoSoma was right. The only ones who hate Ryuko more than the fanbase seems to be Trigger themselves.

This episode and the ending feels like the ultimate vindication for the people saying Ryuko is the one holding back the plot. She's a complete joke.

Glory to Satsuki.

WOP YOUR WADS ON THE COUNTER, ITS TAKARADA.

He is a better leader than Satsuki anyway. It's finally time for her and Ryuko to settle the score, afterwards they will finally fight together.

NotLiquid

iec0TXU.png

Friendly reminder that Ryuko will ruin Kill La Kill next week

TheOGB

Banned
Yeah, Ryuko stay losin in this one. But, well, it may be worth it in the end.
Because Satsuki is pretty damn awesome right now. Went straight up X-23 on their asses. And I gotta thank her for stopping Ryuko from killing my boy Kinagase.

I saw the Nui thing coming, but it was nice for that 5 seconds to see her get messed up. That brainwashing was fucked up though. Fuck Ragyo.

Friendly reminder that Ryuko will ruin Kill La Kill next week
oh god dammit

kewlmyc

Episode 20

What's the point of developing Ryuuko's character over the last...well 19 episodes if you're just going to take it away like that. Hell, now looking back, she's barely developed at all. She's like a switch, constantly switching between angry and unnecessary angst.

Feels like Satsuki's the actual protagonist of this show.

Also,
How come Nui's eye didn't regenerate if she's made of lifefibers? Some people are saying that it's because Isshin cut her eye with both parts of the scissors, but going back to that episode shows he only cut her with one part of the scissor.
Hope that is explained in the upcoming episodes, because if not, that's one MAJOR oversight on Trigger's behalf.

Evilisk

Episode 20 Impressions, SPOILER WARNING

This was an enjoyable episode. Low points of the episode most definitely had to be Ryuuko's bits. Nui honestly should have died two episodes ago and Ryuuko losing her way yet again was lame as hell. I think shook my head and laughed a little at the bike bit. Shadow the Hedgehog, anyone?

And Tsumugu must be trying to contend with Sanageyama and Houmaru for the show's biggest jobber. Poor guy has just slowly been fading into irrelevance since episode 12. At least Satsuki and Elite 4 Shenanigans were good.

Takarada cameo/sendoff was good, now all I need is a Maiko sendoff and all will be good in the world.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 20:

I notice in the opening that everybody has their Nudist Beach variants now. Also, nifty little call back to episode 4 and the tram system, I liked that. Anyway, yes it is finally time for Ryuuko to embrace her destiny as Shadow the Hedgehog.Now she is the Scion of Life Fibers and now Satsuki is our heroine, I suppose. Also nice to see Loadsofzeni back for a cameo. Anyway, this all fells kind of odd but I look forward to next episode and maybe Ryuko will stop fucking angsting, I can hope, I dearly hope.

NotLiquid

Uhhhh

Isshin stabs Nui's eye with a Scissor Blade causing visible damage and crippling Nui's eye permanently

Ryuko slices Nui's innards with the Scissor Blade and she heals no problem

So is there any reason why the Scissor Blades seem to be depicted as the only things said to cut life fibers but Nui just completely ignores the bigger damage? Did the series just create itself a convenient plot hole or is Nui just fucking with everyone for pointless reasons.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Uhhhh

Isshin stabs Nui's eye with a Scissor Blade causing visible damage and crippling Nui's eye permanently

So is there any reason why the Scissor Blades seem to be depicted as the only things said to cut life fibers but Nui just completely ignores the bigger damage? Did the series just create itself a convenient plot hole or is Nui just fucking with everyone for pointless reasons.

perhaps nui didn't have implanted life fibres at that time in the past

Soma

I told myself I wouldn't do it but... this episode was good enough to warrant it.

Back to the Satsuki avatar rotation.

(At least til the show is over)

Scum

Ryouko, pls. No more angst next week. :<

Uhhhh

She's fucking with us. She has two perfectly good eyes.

TheOGB

Banned
Uhhhh

Clearly it's Ryuko's fault.

Scum

I can't wait until they make a game out of this. It might be a worse Metal Gear Rising than Metal Gear Rising, but it'll sure as hell be a better Shadow the Hedgehog than Shadow the Hedgehog!

Kill la Kill character action game where you play as Ryouko and Satsuki. Made by Platinum Games. *drools*

Bayonetta 2 DLC. Replace Bayonetta with Ryouko, Satsuki with Jeanne. Senketsu & Junketsu outfits.

She was born from life fibers. They're not implants.

Perhaps one half of the blade was stronger than the other. Nui did leave with that half, so it's possible the other half, which Ryuko has, doesn't do the trick on Nui.

Or it's a massive plot hole big enough to drive a Doutonbori Robo through.

Evilisk

Uhhhh

It's hard to say. I want to say it's a Plot Hole mainly because I don't like Trigger's writers and because when she was introduced a lot of Nui's interest seemed to stem from the fact that, yes Isshin got the better of her and removed her eye (IIRC she did NOT know about Senketsu being worked on until after the encounter).

But then again it's kind of hard to tell with Nui, we don't really have much insight into her character or her thought process. Personally I'd just chalk it up to a Plot Hole. I don't think Trigger's writers have shown that they're good enough for this to be anything other than unintentional.

Dresden

Ryuko is great. I'm sad that people can't see the depth in her characterization - the montage that accompanies her forced robing is a fitting thematic conclusion.

Giolon

Ryuko is great. I'm sad that people can't see the depth in her characterization - the montage that accompanies her forced robing is a fitting thematic conclusion.

Can you explain it to me? B/c I didn't really get it.
Did Ragyo basically brainwash her by offering the images of everything she never had?

Also, Satsuki waifu status confirmed.

Nexas

God, I'm not looking for forward to this episode after reading these impressions.

The last thing this show needs is more Satsuki fellation.

Silky

Banned
watching Episode 20 right now and
BOY RYUKO'S DEVELOPMENT SURE DID WENT IN THE SHITTER

I sure hope satsuki clips her toenails after all of this. ewwwwwww

Dresden

Can you explain it to me? B/c I didn't really get it.
Did Ragyo basically brainwash her by offering the images of everything she never had?

I was joking, but yeah, that's what I took from it (brainwashing). The bridal imagery + Ragyo as a good human being, let alone a mother.

Guess Who

Banned
I don't even understand how that's supposed to have worked...
she didn't give her any of that. Is she promising it to her if she joins her?

It's
those mind-altering life fibers, like she used a few episodes ago. She brainwaished Ryuko into believing that's her past to get her to do her bidding.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos

this. I actually haven't been talking about the show recently because the MC hate and perfect Satsuki hype are wearing me down. Still looking forward to the rest of the show.

Edit: .... and apparently I'm shit at realizing sarcasm.....

Top Bottom