• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

A-V-B

I really hope they keep Ryuuko as the villain. No more shit about trying to make her a protagonist. Just kill her off and be fucking done with it. Her being a villain would do loads of good for the narrative and make it a lot more interesting than it's been.

And it'd be effective, too. She'd be a very tragic villain. She was the one person who wanted the best for everyone, but she had too many psychological issues -- in the end, she does fail Satsuki's test to see who's strongest --
got corrupted by REVOCS, and eventually died after turning on her best friends.

Odrion

Banned
Ryuko was interesting enough for the first eight episodes but once that King of the Hill story arc began it felt like they replaced what little personality she had with GRRR ANGER GRRR, and didn't do anything interesting with her up until now.
And it'd be effective, too. She'd be a very tragic villain. She was the one person who wanted the best for everyone, but she had too many psychological issues -- in the end, she does fail Satsuki's test to see who's strongest --
I'd like to see her desire for loving parents manifest into her being extremely needy towards Ragyo, and vying for her acceptance. A Creeper Jr. to go with Mrs. Creeper.

Another excellent episode. Music was on point too.

Loved Satsuki teaming up with Senketsu. I cant wait to see the transformation next week.

I swear its like they Google for "Imagine if they did X and Y in KLK" and just go with it.

A-V-B

Another excellent episode. Music was on point too.

Loved Satsuki teaming up with Senketsu. I cant wait to see the transformation next week.

I swear its like they Google for "Imagine if they did X and Y in KLK" and just go with it.

More realistically, it's called setting things up in your stories. :p

They know what people want because they created it to be that way. They're pretty good at storytelling. These are the Gurren guys after all.

TheOGB

Banned
I thought it was weird that I'd been listening to "I want to know" for like 20 minutes but I just realized it was on repeat

Scum

Satsuki beats down on Ryuko and knocks sense into her.
Satsuki & Ryuko swap outfits and gain perfect synch with their respective clothing.
Ryuko beats down on Nui and retrieves the other part of the Scissor Sword.
Satsuki & Ryuko attack Raygo head on, but True Boss Rei shows up dressed in Ultimate Godrobe.

Libera me from Junketsu!
That's how Team NB rolls!
That is all.
---
I sure as hell didn't expect the roles of hero and villain to switch like that.
But the moment Ryuko was forced to wear Junketsu and become all brainwashed, I had a feeling Satsuki would need Senketsu to try to rescue her (good call, whoever guessed the latter part).

Speaking of Satsuki, I loved how kickass she is. Stark naked, but fought with nothing but a pair of steel toenails.

Why isn't it next week already?!

ReiGun

The Four Devas/Elite Four should have been the protagonists. Any one of them is more interesting and entertaining to watch than the dull ass leads.

A-V-B

Does this show have the balls to keep Ryuko as a villain and kill her off? That would be pretty new.

You can still have Ryuuko and Satsuki scissor kill Ragyo while Ryuuko spent the entire time as a villain, and then kill Ryuuko. Absolutely nothing stopping that, and it'd be an interesting look into the personalities of certain anime hero-types.

Episode 20

I knew it. I god damn knew this would happen.
Poor Ryuko, she is always the down trodden. The two sisters switched places again. The brain washing scene was disturbing

Zeppeli

Banned
Episode 20

I knew it. I god damn knew this would happen.
Poor Ryuko, she is always the down trodden. The two sisters switched places again. The brain washing scene was disturbing

It was definitely weird seeing her vagina versus the rest of the show batting around the bush to avoid showing any actual nudity.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Kill la Kill - 20

This show has been on an amazing roll these past few episodes. Almost makes up for the dull middle episodes.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Holy shit that twiiiiiiist!
Mikisugu dick intensifies crack me up also, the junketsu senketsu switch. Huh, it look like changing OP text color to blue mean it was for Satsuki all along

EDIT:
more like it's Ryuko camel toe

TheOGB

Banned
It was definitely weird seeing her vagina versus the rest of the show batting around the bush to avoid showing any actual nudity.
Bottom part of the image is zoomed in so you understand what I'm talking about. NSFW, obviously.

http://i.imgur.com/uoxjcZq.png
pGChc.gif

I honestly don't like Satsuki too much (don't hate her but don't really love her). She always seemed one-note to me and the only time you see act like anything else is drinking tea with her butler but even then that wasn't that much to go on.

If one thing Ryuko does have going for her is her interaction with Mako mostly. Like when she was helping Maiko and Mako make it to school or when she was interacting with the family when they are moving up from poverty during the fight club episode, she was likeable there. But that might just be me liking to see Mako shenanigans. *shrug*

A-V-B

I honestly don't like Satsuki too much (don't hate her but don't really love her). She always seemed one-note to me and the only time you see act like anything else is drinking tea with her butler but even then that wasn't that much to go on.

If one thing Ryuko does have going for her is her interaction with Mako mostly. Like when she was helping Maiko and Mako make it to school or when she was interacting with the family when they are moving up from poverty during the fight club episode, she was likeable there.

Feels like Ryuuko and Mako haven't had good friendship scenes in years.

sonicmj1

It's really a problem that Satsuki spent half the series abusing most of the students at her school (that guy at the beginning of episode 1 fucking died!), preaching a philosophy of absolute totalitarian obedience, and encouraging the merciless culling of the "weak" elements at her school, and she's still come out of everything more sympathetic than Ryuuko, the person who fought against her ideology and fought for freedom and individuality.

Jarmel

Banned
It's really a problem that Satsuki spent half the series abusing most of the students at her school (that guy at the beginning of episode 1 fucking died!), preaching a philosophy of absolute totalitarian obedience, and encouraging the merciless culling of the "weak" elements at her school, and she's still come out of everything more sympathetic than Ryuuko, the person who fought against her ideology and fought for freedom and individuality.

This is obviously right wing nationalistic propaganda that is trying to paint the Nazis in a positive light.

I really hope they keep Ryuuko as the villain. No more shit about trying to make her a protagonist. Just kill her off and be fucking done with it. Her being a villain would do loads of good for the narrative and make it a lot more interesting than it's been.

I'd like to see her desire for loving parents manifest into her being extremely needy towards Ragyo, and vying for her acceptance. A Creeper Jr. to go with Mrs. Creeper.

This.

If the series wasn't so by-the-booky this would be something I could see happening.
An actual story where the PROTAG and VILLAIN swap roles and we get to see them both through (See that the villain was actually always on the right side and that the protag was just too damaged to resist the welcoming embrace of her blood relatives? Thats the type of shit I wanna see .. something that can effectively swap the protag role and make it prefectly logical)?!?
That would be aces. WOULD also explain why her character is so weak and reactionary ... and why I feel like I have a much deeper understanding of Satsuki.

But I'm sure the best girl is gonna slap the sense back into our lil protag and we will go back to the tracks.

Until then ... I shall enjoy Sailor Satsuki.

Soma

(that guy at the beginning of episode 1 fucking died!)
To be fair, the manga actually mentions that guy was a spy from the Kansai region. I dunno if the anime ever touched upon it but it would make sense for why he was trying to steal a uniform in the first place.

Giolon

To be fair, the manga actually mentions that guy was a spy from the Kansai region. I dunno if the anime ever touched upon it but it would make sense for why he was trying to steal a uniform in the first place.

It does. I re-watched the first episode recently. Gamagoori says "You must be a spy from Kobe!" when he's beating the shit out of that guy.

sonicmj1

And what would he have done with it had he escaped? Used the information to help develop technology to fight against Life Fibers?

Clearly he deserved to die.

Top Bottom