• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Evilisk

Oh, duh.

Still, I'm convinced she can't be killed off. She's got that plot armor.

Who knows.

Still it's going to be fun to see how next episode plays out with this. Either the obnoxious "Mako a Kill" supporters will finally be silenced next episode, or I'll get to see delicious, glorious meltdowns from the GamaXMako shippers. So even if we do have to focus on Ryuuko for most of the next episode at least the reactions to this speculation will be amusing.

Scum

Who knows.

Still it's going to be fun to see how next episode plays out with this. Either the obnoxious "Mako a Kill" supporters will finally be silenced next episode, or I'll get to see delicious, glorious meltdowns from the GamaXMako shippers.

Evilisk

LordCanti

She could totally be killed off. She's not essential to the plot in any way, shape, or form beyond being the one person that can snap Ryuko out of shit.

Evilisk

Evilisk

I knew I picked that name for a reason lol

Oh and hey I just realized that there's a way I could have both. They only kill off Gamagoori, preferably when Ryuuko ends up lashing out at Mako and Gama tries to protect her.

Gamagoori dies and Shippers (and Mako a Kill supporters) cry

Trigger, if this happens (and the disgusting ShotaXNonon ship is also sunk) I promise to vote for Kill la Kill in the next AOTY thread.

TheOGB

Banned
Mako dies, we riot ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Gama dies, we riot ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Ryuko dies, we celebrate ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

(I'll make a note that I still kinda like Ryuko and want to continue to like Ryuko, but it is disheartening that she keeps getting shit on with no time in between to move past it)

Dresden

If Mako was going to die, it needed to happen in 7, and by Ryuko's hands. Instead it'll be lolnui and she'll be nui and shit.

Oh yeah, fuck this episode for not killing off Nui.

Scum

If Mako was going to die, it needed to happen in 7, and by Ryuko's hands. Instead it'll be lolnui and she'll be nui and shit.

Don't fret, Dresden. Secret Agent Rei will see to it.

LordCanti

I think Gama-chan will have a choice: Save Mako, or save Satsooooki. There will only be enough time for one or the other. In that split second, he'll flashback to a conversation he had with her about how they were going to save the world and shit, and he'll decide that he'd be selfishly dooming the world if he didn't jump in front of Satsooki. Thus, our Mako will die a horrible Nui related death.

Scum

I think Rei has been booted out the show at this point :p

jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

Evilisk

I think Rei has been booted out the show at this point :p

I was just going to say this. She wasn't even in this episode lol

I agree except that Nui should have died two episodes ago. It would have made Ryuuko look good at least and pretty much everything Nui did this episode could have been handled by Ragyo as well (holding on to the Scissor Blade, explaining what Nui is, not to mention we wouldn't have had that confusing/plot hole-y bit with Nui's eye not healing up).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kill la Kill needed to die in the production phase.

LWA2 wen

ReiGun

When Ryuko ran her through, I almost broke out the champagne. So of course, she regenerated. Of fucking course.

FluxWaveZ

Can someone explain to me what the title of this show even means?

Heh, maybe it's meant to be ironic.

I think I remember someone posting the origins of the name somewhere in this thread. I think it might have boiled down to it sounding cool?

Edit: Ah, never mind. Down below is what I remembered seeing.

LogicStep

My mind is blown to bits... holy shit what an episode. Never thought I'd see this happen. This is really living up to Gurren levels, maybe more.

DominoKid

I think Gama-chan will have a choice: Save Mako, or save Satsooooki. There will only be enough time for one or the other. In that split second, he'll flashback to a conversation he had with her about how they were going to save the world and shit, and he'll decide that he'd be selfishly dooming the world if he didn't jump in front of Satsooki. Thus, our Mako will die a horrible Nui related death.

Or they'd keep playing fast and loose w/ Gamagoori's size and make him large enough to save both of them.

Jintor

The joke where the Elite Four are freaking out about Satsuki on the monitors and Gama hits the ceiling with his head and Blind Guy is just like "Dudes, what the hell is going on" was great.

Nui playacting being dead was also great.

Ryuko being a headstrong idiot was not great. Understandable in context but the whole show has just been nothing but her getting shat on or pulling deus ex powers out of her... senketsu.

LordCanti

Or they'd keep playing fast and loose w/ Gamagoori's size and make him large enough to save both of them.

Another idea:

Satsooki is in danger, so Gama-chan jumps in front of her. At the last second, Mako jumps in front of Gama-chan.

"Gama-senpai....Daisukiiiiiiii *ded*"

My slashfiction can be had in ebook form. Direct all questions to my PM box.

TCKaos

So here's a thing someone pointed out on Reddit:

When Aikuro joked about Senketsu's style being modeled after Dr. Matoi's taste it was actually a reference to his allegiance to Nudist Beach. Being designed as the antithesis to Junketsu, Senketsu draws his strength from the wearer's pride in wearing as little as necessary and bearing their skin. Junketsu, on the other hand, draws strength from the wearer fully embracing clothing, the extra fabric covering their skin and maintaining their purity.

Ryuko leaned more naturally towards wearing clothing, having initially rejected Senketsu and being unable to draw out his full potential. In the same way Satsuki leaned more naturally towards being naked and was unable to use Junketsu's true power like Ryuko can.

Junketsu was designed to maintain the purity of the wearer and for that reason, at full power, resembles a wedding dress.

TheOGB

Banned
In case we don't get to revel in this for long, here's some art of the girl who wore it better.

Plus a short version of what episode 21 may be like

Also, this missile is totally a pencil:

When Aikuro joked about Senketsu's style being modeled after Dr. Matoi's taste it was actually a reference to his allegiance to Nudist Beach. Being designed as the antithesis to Junketsu, Senketsu draws his strength from the wearer's pride in wearing as little as necessary and bearing their skin. Junketsu, on the other hand, draws strength from the wearer fully embracing clothing, the extra fabric covering their skin and maintaining their purity.

Ryuko leaned more naturally towards wearing clothing, having initially rejected Senketsu and being unable to draw out his full potential. In the same way Satsuki leaned more naturally towards being naked and was unable to use Junketsu's true power like Ryuko can.

Junketsu was designed to maintain the purity of the wearer and for that reason, at full power, resembles a wedding dress.
Eeeeeenterestinnng

So that's what they were hinting at in the opening!

Does that mean that Satsuki will still be
fed to the Shinra-Koketsu
?

Probably. The OP also basically had the image of the threads coming out of Ryuko's back when she was being lifted up to Junketsu, so I wouldn't be surprised if they crammed as much OP foreshadowing as possible.

I personally liked the sneakers Ryuko had with Senketsu over Satsuki's boots. It looked like it fit it better, though I don't think it would match Satsuki at all, personality wise and the fact that she's taller and is often in higher heeled shoes most of the time.

NEO0MJ

Only problem with that theory is how
when Ragyo wore it Junketsu looked similar to its form when Satsuki wore it, and I don't think Ragyo has any issues with clothing. Also, Ryuko's messed up horns/antennas when wearing Junketsu make it seem like something's off.

For the very first time in the series,
Mako's 'Hallelujah' was a total dud.
Yeah, that got a good laugh out of me.

Soma

I personally liked the sneakers Ryuko had with Senketsu over Satsuki's boots.

Y'know I wonder what the Four Devas' train of thought was when preparing to rescue her.

"Wait we should probably bring clothes for her"

"No time! Just bring the boots. We'll make do with this bed sheet."

Y'know I wonder what the Four Devas' train of thought was when preparing to rescue her.

"Wait we should probably bring clothes for her"

"No time! Just bring the boots. We'll make do with this bed sheet."

You know what's even stranger?
Ryuko normally has undies on when wearing Senketsu and was dragged out of the place in them. How come she was butt naked in the bed and basically rode a motorcycle all the way to Honnoji like that in a bed sheet? I'm pretty sure patients are normally dressed even in month long comas.

Nikodemos

You know what's even stranger?
Ryuko normally has undies on when wearing Senketsu and was dragged out of the place in them. How come she was butt naked in the bed and basically rode a motorcycle all the way to Honnoji like that in a bed sheet? I'm pretty sure patients are normally dressed even in month long comas.
Nuudisto Beechu.

Regarding clothing, I wonder if
next week's opening titles will feature Ryuuko and Satsuki in their new outfits, just like they featured the Four in their NB uniforms this week.

Evilisk

Only problem with that theory is how
when Ragyo wore it Junketsu looked similar to its form when Satsuki wore it, and I don't think Ragyo has any issues with clothing. Also, Ryuko's messed up horns/antennas when wearing Junketsu make it seem like something's off.

Ragyo wearing Junketsu was still referred to as Life Fiber Override though.

Top Bottom