• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

duckroll

Episode 4 was good. It was a good way to show how over the top and hilarious the school concept in Satsuki's world can be, while letting the characters have fun. It was honestly the first episode I really enjoyed completely. First of... very few unfortunately.

Evilisk

Why? LWA and KLK have like no overlap in regard to Script or Series Composition credits. The closest is Hiromi Wakabayashi who wrote/co-wrote the script for KLK episode 4 and was involved in "Story Cooperation" for LWA. Paranoid much :p

Well that's a relief, sort of (I can't decide whether I like or hate episode 4).

Honestly I just don't really want to see Trigger's character designs go to waste on average writing.

Still stand by my belief that people who are bothered by shit like episode four are trying to take this show way more seriously than it takes itself. Episode 4 was practically a PSG episode.

I don't really like PSG either so that would explain a lot :p

I won't disagree with your other point though.

ChryZ

tumblr_n1ento9sei1slqcxko4_400.gif

ckohler

HOLY SHIT! That preview just teased something amazing.

Super ultra spoiler warning!

At 0:28 seconds you can see
Mako is wearing Sengetsu!

wsippel

Banned
So what's the general consensus on this show? I really enjoyed Gurren Lagann, and I've been thinking of getting into this.
I prefer it to TTGL (so far, at least), but it's also very different. More absurd and nonsensical, closer to Panty & Stocking or Re:Cutie Honey in my opinion.

So what's the general consensus on this show? I really enjoyed Gurren Lagann, and I've been thinking of getting into this.

Its not better than Gurren Lagann, but its pretty entertaining, and I really really have a good time watching it.
I imagine it's even better if you watch the whole series in one pack without stop.

If it has something better than Gurenn Lagann is that it goes for a much more comedic style, something that I love.

NotLiquid

If you liked the over-the-top presentation of Gurren Lagann but can tolerate a lack of character development despite memorable personalities, a protagonist that really doesn't get much done, a very repetitive first half, pacing that is all over the place and a very notable decrease of budget, then you should enjoy this.

It's like a snack food version of Gurren Lagann. A lot of the elements feel made up on impulse for some cheap thrills but it really won't leave you thinking and it has a short attention span which dampens some moments yearning for context. It's a show that's better made for marathoning since some episodes really drag and have a tendency to leaving you wanting more, while watching it from start to finish is just a constant stream of crazy.

Yonafunu

First half is very meh, except a couple of episode.
Second half is much better.

Overall it's definitely not on the level of Gurren Lagann.

Odrion

Banned
The first eight episodes are really good, the next eight after that are pretty meandering and was annoying to watch through while waiting for something of significance to happen, but after those eight it picks up again and gets good again.

Kinyou

The first eight episodes are really good, the next eight after that are pretty meandering and was annoying to watch through while waiting for something of significance to happen, but after those eight it picks up again and gets good again.
It's funny that Attack on Titan had a pretty similar curve

Verelios

Good to see Satsuki getting some love. Although Senketsu looks kind of weird on her for some reason.

And I can't help but like Ira. Favorite character of the show by far. He reminds me a lot of 90s anime.

Odrion

Banned
Guys I keep thinking how Ryuko will get back her incentive to beat the bad guys and none of them leaves Mako alive.

daveo42

Banned
Guys I keep thinking how Ryuko will get back her incentive to beat the bad guys and none of them leaves Mako alive.

Well...they (Satsuki) could kill off Ryuko instead, and I am way more in favor of that happening. A Mako death would be completely crushing.

LordCanti

Satsuki's sisterly love could do it.

Personally I think Aikuro is going to eat a scissor blade and reveal that he's A: Their Dad and B: Life Fibers.

Nui will show up and shank Mako right as Ryuko is snapping out of it.

TheOGB

Banned
So here's what's probably gonna happen:

Satsuki and Ryuko go at it. Meanwhile Ragyo has time to get her shit ready. Nui leaves to watch the fight. Back on the ship the two are still fighting, and eventually Ryuko starts whooping Satsuki, then the queen gets cut the fuck up (blooooood). Senketsu has to bail, and before Ryuko can kill Satsuki everybody else jumps in (Nonon mad as fuck, BFGs, Tsumugu's claws). Ryuko handles that, then Mako finally steps up to put an end to it. Whatever happens after that will be fucking nutty, that's for sure.

I expect to be very wrong.

Odrion

Banned
Satsuki's sisterly love could do it.
Satsuki is going to be beaten into an extremely weakened state by Ryuko, it's how the plot is going to get her into the Kamui superweapon.

Mako is going to be killed by Nui to teach Ryuko the lesson that despite being related to Ragyo and Nui, it's your actions that make you a monster and not what's inside you.

amazing anime. i absolutely love it form start to finish. some will tell you it got a bit slow but it never did for me, in fact, gurren laggan had slower parts.

LordCanti

Satsuki is going to be beaten into an extremely weakened state by Ryuko, it's how the plot is going to get her into the Kamui superweapon.

Mako is going to be killed by Nui to teach Ryuko the lesson that despite being related to Ragyo and Nui, it's your actions that make you a monster and not what's inside you.

That would be kind of terrible. We've already done the "Satsooki is captured and we've got to save her!" thing once and I'd rather not do it again.

Whatever Ragyo's plan is requires one sister, not both. I'd much rather see Ryuko get sucked into the machine instead of Satsuki.

Dresden

That would be kind of terrible. We've already done the "Satsooki is captured and we've got to save her!" thing once and I'd rather not do it again.

Whatever Ragyo's plan is requires one sister, not both. I'd much rather see Ryuko get sucked into the machine instead of Satsuki.

It's a bad choice either way. You either make Ryuko even more of a joke or Satsuki gets turned into Princess Peach.

Best option would be to just not bother stuffing any of them in, and forcing Ragyo to use the 'unfinished' mega god uniform. And then they can go to space.

LordCanti

It's a bad choice either way. You either make Ryuko even more of a joke or Satsuki gets turned into Princess Peach.

Best option would be to just not bother stuffing any of them in, and forcing Ragyo to use the 'unfinished' mega god uniform. And then they can go to space.

I still can't figure out what the hell the mega kamui is even for (all Ragyo's enemies are pretty much annihilated and COVERS is operational). I have a feeling that Ryuko or Satsuki are probably going to fuse with the Dai-Gurren and fight it.

Either way, this will be the final shot of the show somehow:

xVtbeQ1l.png

Top Bottom