• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

LordCanti

Wait, why can't Nui use the Giant Kamui? Isn't she technically a life fiber infused child of Ragyo?

I don't know...I don't know what is going on there. Is Ragyo's womb all dried up/ did she put her eggs in the yarnball basket, or did the yarnball alien just spontaneously pop a babby out?

How is babby formed?

Evilisk

Which one is "Right?" Goku Uniform sounds incredibly dumb, the translation I'm watching calls them "God Robes" and 'Ultima Uniforms"

Since it's untranslated, Goku Uniform would be technically more "right" but I think it's down to personal preference. Personally I find God Robes and Ultima Uniforms sound incredibly cheesy and Kamui sounds better.

LordCanti

Kamui = 100% Life Fibers (multiple banshi)
Goku = 10% per star, up to 30% (over which the person goes berserk) with a single Banshi at 2 and 3 stars (none at 1 star, I think)

I prefer that they just leave them untranslated. The important part is that they've got life fibers, not what they are called.

LordCanti

New theory:

Nudist Beach....becomes the organization Topless from Diebuster. It all makes sense now.

Nonon....Nono....Nonoriri...

Follow the money.

REVOCS girls are amused.

E3eX38W.png

wsippel

Banned
I've finally watched the latest episode. I still hate the "brainwashed and crazy" trope, I think it's really cheap and lazy. But either way, I'll restate what I wrote a few days ago: Who created Junketsu, and what was his intention at the time? What did he mean when he called it a "wedding dress"?

LordCanti

I've finally watched the latest episode. I still hate the "brainwashed and crazy" trope, I think it's really cheap and lazy. But either way, I'll restate what I wrote a few days ago: Who created Junketsu, and what was his intention at the time? What did he mean when he called it a "wedding dress"?

I really don't know if we're going to get answers to questions like that til the end. Ragyo is building a weapon to fight....nothing, that she knows of, and I'm sure that thing will show up in one way or another (combining with the ship seems...likely. What else would have the size to fight something like that?). It'll be a real chicken and the egg type scenario.

Maybe yarnball alien is really just trying to soak up nutrients and become mobile again (traveling through space, walking around, etc) and it needs an incredibly strong human to make that happen. Whatever Shinra Koketsu is was planned out before they were even born. I don't know if yarnball alien is trying to replicate or....what.

Yarnball alien takes human form, cuts Ragyo's head off....boom....Season 2

Okay so to sum up on the main villains:

One pointless secretary, one annoying as hell Villian Sue, one genuine card-carrying villain that I at least love to hate, and (maybe) one evil counterpart for our new Protagonist.

I really don't like Satuski.
She seems every bit as malicious as her mother. While Ryuko seems to be trying to find a purpose to life. I very much hope that Ryuko snaps out of the brainwashing in a spectacular way, without requiring someone to sacrifice themselves.

Last episode mirrors this thread. Satsuki is kidnapped and everyone bends over backwards to help and rescue her. Ryuko is revealed to be the abandoned inhuman daughter/sister, and is promptly brainwashed by her 'mother'. Yet nobody seems to give a shit until she crashes the party. I hope she fucks some shit up while in bitch mode.

She seems every bit as malicious as her mother. While Ryuko seems to be trying to find a purpose to life. I very much hope that Ryuko snaps out of the brainwashing in a spectacular way, without requiring someone to sacrifice themselves.

Last episode mirrors this thread. Satsuki is kidnapped and everyone bends over backwards to help and rescue her. Ryuko is revealed to be the abandoned inhuman daughter/sister, and is promptly brainwashed by her 'mother'. Yet nobody seems to give a shit until she crashes the party. I hope she fucks some shit up while in bitch mode.

Not really. Her friends did try to give comfort to Ryuko and she promptly told them, especially Senketsu to sod off.

Soma

Every bit? Not sure how you came up with that conclusion.

- One built up a school and city under a totalitarian rule as a defense against an evil mother. She might've made a lot of people's lives kinda shitty but compared to...

- The other who left their guinea pig infant daughter to die in a dumpster, hired people to kill her husband (twice), sexually abuses her other daughter and is bent on controlling the entire world via life fibers.

Not saying Satsuki is totally vindicated by her previous actions (despite having good intentions in mind) but Ragyou is on a completely different level of bad. Also, when not even Mako of all people is able to bring Ryuuko back to her senses it makes sense to go with the secondary option which is to get Satsuki's assistance.

Oh God
Mako will be killed

WAIT A MINUTE

So Kinue got ripped apart or something when she tried to put on a Kamui right? We know Ryuko is completely compatible because of her DNA but what if someone like Mako put it on? I know Maiko did put it on but Senketsu was in complete control (or was it the starch that really did stop him?).

Jarmel

Banned
I haven't seen the preview but I will say this, if they don't stick with Ryuuko being the villain for at least more than one episode then this show has been a complete failure so far.

This is make or break time for the narrative.

wsippel

Banned
I really don't know if we're going to get answers to questions like that til the end. Ragyo is building a weapon to fight....nothing, that she knows of, and I'm sure that thing will show up in one way or another (combining with the ship seems...likely. What else would have the size to fight something like that?). It'll be a real chicken and the egg type scenario.

Maybe yarnball alien is really just trying to soak up nutrients and become mobile again (traveling through space, walking around, etc) and it needs an incredibly strong human to make that happen. Whatever Shinra Koketsu is was planned out before they were even born. I don't know if yarnball alien is trying to replicate or....what.

Yarnball alien takes human form, cuts Ragyo's head off....boom....Season 2
That's not really what I meant.

Soichiro created Senketsu, I think it's likely he created Junketsu as well. And he was already working against Ragyo even before leaving the household and becoming Isshin. His "wedding dress" quote got repeated several times throughout the show, so it's probably important. Junketsu's and Senketsu's colors are contrasting, but they're also complimentary - like actual wedding dresses and suits, basically. I think Soichiro created both Kamuis for his daughters, expecting them to join forces at some point.

MAJOR FUCKING SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 21:

Ryuuko beats the everliving fuck out of Satsuki, and she joins Nudist Beach MAJOR SPOILER IMAGE
Or what could happen is that
Satsuki gets thet upper hand, but realizes that she can't bring Ryuko back to senses, so she decides to put her down. As she's about to land the killing blow, Senketsu stops cooperating, leaves her and pukes her blood (some have suggested that's what the blood gushing we see near the beginning of the extended preview is).

NotLiquid

WAIT A MINUTE

So Kinue got ripped apart or something when she tried to put on a Kamui right? We know Ryuko is completely compatible because of her DNA but what if someone like Mako put it on? I know Maiko did put it on but Senketsu was in complete control (or was it the starch that really did stop him?).

Maiko managed to activate Senketsu, but Senketsu simply refused to be used by her. I'm pretty sure Senketsu can be worn by anyone he allows to be used by, but he only reaches full compatibility with Ryuko due to her DNA (also why she's the only one who can hear her talk).

Also if Mako dies this show would lose a lot of heart and I hope it doesn't happen. Ryuko doesn't need another 3 episodes of being angry, and it'd also render Mako's family useless since without Mako they lack context.

MAJOR FUCKING SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 21:

Ryuuko beats the everliving fuck out of Satsuki, and she joins Nudist Beach MAJOR SPOILER IMAGE

Mako takes the fight into her hands and joins forces with Senketsu! MAJOR SPOILER IMAGE

I am so fucking hyped for 21 now. God damn.

Feels like some gun jumping is going on here ...

Best to wait for the ep to see what context these shots are in.
This ...
Satsuki gets thet upper hand, but realizes that she can't bring Ryuko back to senses, so she decides to put her down. As she's about to land the killing blow, Senketsu stops cooperating, leaves her and pukes her blood (some have suggested that's what the blood gushing we see near the beginning of the extended preview is).

Seems like it could happen I guess but still, it's a very vague preview.

Evilisk

I could see that actually happening.

Personally I'm guessing that that will happen, and then Satsuki might give rein of Senketsu over to Mako. Mako Kamui vs. Ryuuko Kamui happens for a while, then we'll get a mirrored version of their episode 7 fight where Mako does nothing while Ryuuko is beating the crap out of her. Then she stops before landing the killing blow. And then Nui stabs Mako and Senketsu.

Then Senketsu has his eyepatch removed and realizes he's Isshin before dying for realsies, Gama catches most of Mako blade meant for Mako and dies (and shippers cry), then Nui will finally die as everyone + crazy Ryuuko beats the everloving shit out of her. Also Ryuuko is stuck with Junketsu for the rest of the show

Just started watching the show recently, and I love it!!

I'm really enjoying the action, the fan-service -- just the pacing of it all. I love it!
I get wet dreams thinking about a Platinum Games title based on Kill la Kill, though I'm sure I'm not the only person in this thread who feels that way? Sorry, still catching up on the OT!
I get quite a kick out of how over-the-top the animation can get at times, found myself getting a bit dizzy trying to keep up with the subtitles with everything happening on-screen! Obviously, Ryuko is the best girl... But Mako is really hardcore. I've found every character in the show to be pretty engaging. Regardless of how scattered my thoughts may be in this post, I can't wait to catch up on everything and learn more about the Kill la Kill universe. The show is fantastic and I'm already a huge fan!

daveo42

Banned
I posted the Mako thing on page 150. Nobody believed me. :p

Personally, I'm going to remain skeptical until I see it happen in the episode. We still lack a lot of context based on those images and the gif.

The next episode already has me excited, but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions yet.

Wait, why can't Nui use the Giant Kamui? Isn't she technically a life fiber infused child of Ragyo?

Well I hope for Nui that Ragyo
doesn't consider her as her daughter. Otherwise, as the Worst Mom Ever, she just HAS to screw up her loyal third daughter in the most horrible way one can imagine. Yeah, I coud totally see Ragyo feeding Nui to the Giant Kamui, or absorb her Life Fibers for more power, or some other sick shit that will make us all sorry for poor Nui, even though she's really getting on our nerves now. Let's hope for her she gets a "clean" death at the hands of Ryuko or Satsuki!

NotLiquid

Well I hope for Nui that Ragyo
doesn't consider her as her daughter. Otherwise, as the Worst Mom Ever, she just HAS to screw up her loyal third daughter in the most horrible way one can imagine. Yeah, I coud totally see Ragyo feeding Nui to the Giant Kamui, or absorb her Life Fibers for more power, or some other sick shit that will make us all sorry for poor Nui, even though she's really getting on our nerves now.

Personally I don't think there's a punishment severe enough for her. I found it ridiculous how some people actually felt sorry for her when Ryuko had her wrapped up and impaled. She deserves to suffer and I hope at least one major villain will get some extreme prejudice coming their way.

Personally I don't think there's a punishment severe enough for her. I found it ridiculous how some people actually felt sorry for her when Ryuko had her wrapped up and impaled.

Well, OK, I admit that was awesome!

She deserves to suffer and I hope at least one major villain will get some extreme prejudice coming their way.

If a giant pair of scissors counts as an "extreme prejudice", I think it's a safe bet.

A-V-B

Personally I don't think there's a punishment severe enough for her. I found it ridiculous how some people actually felt sorry for her when Ryuko had her wrapped up and impaled. She deserves to suffer and I hope at least one major villain will get some extreme prejudice coming their way.

The only thing that would even begin to make her sympathetic was if
she was brainwashed Ryuuko-style by Ragyo when she was a little kid or something. Of course, knowing Nui she'd pretend to feel bad, then go, "Just kidding!" and try killing someone.

Top Bottom