• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

rexor0717

Mah dudes.

ibl231qJ2d2c1k.gif

I had like 3 versions of this gif, but this one is the best. :D

Guess Who

Banned
Man, you know what they should do for KLK? A two-part summary film, first half one movie, second half another. I think it'd work really well in that format with some of the filler cut out and a bigger budget applied to a few scenes.

Evilisk

So did I miss something and/or wasn't paying attention, or
does it seem kind of arbitrary when the scissor blades can cause permanent damage or not?

Maybe I think it has to do with having both scissor blades being together?

Nui slicing up Senketsu twice with a single scissor blade = Senketsu is mostly okay (Senketsu was even unfazed the 2nd time)
Ryuko and Isshin slicing up Nui with both of them close by (should be obvious with Ryuuko, Isshin detached one of the blades when cutting Nui's eyes) = permanent damage for some reason

Or it could be what LordCanti said as well

patapuf

does it seem kind of arbitrary when the scissor blades can cause permanent damage or not?

It think they do when
the scissor is complete
, but i'm not sure if that was consistent during the whole series.

Ryuko also had a really cute look after
Satsuki's apology.
Forgot that she can be like that when all she does is yell and scream and stuff.

Opto

Banned

it's all about the CUTTING. and the Life Fibers all seem to focus in the core of the body, so penetration doesn't work unless you dismember after a stab. Note that Ragyo could have died if Satsuki had cut all of the fibers connecting her head to her body.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm awaiting some ryuko and satsuki sister
teamup
fanart to be posted here, dont disappoint me gaf

Eusis

Too impatient for Crunchyroll, settled for lower quality Daisuki stream. Damn.

Also:
yeah I'm guessing it's permanent damage because of the scissors being in the same wielder's hands, but I'd have to recall what that cut and harmed that Bakuzan didn't. I guess it's the same as Bakuzan without both blades wielded together.

Though I'm also hoping this is more internally consistent than some long running shonen series.

A-V-B

What if Nui is
truly brainwashed? Ragyo mentioned the marionette threads or whatever... what a mindfuck that'd be for Nui!

Eusis

What if Nui is
truly brainwashed? Ragyo mentioned the marionette threads or whatever... what a mindfuck that'd be for Nui!
Well,
given how she was undoubtedly raised she's brainwashed one way or the other. Probably like how Ragyo wanted to brainwash Satsuki, but actually successful.

sonicmj1

Episode 22 was glorious. They're delivering exactly what people want
except Maiko goddammit
. I wish they had a little more time to handle the endgame, but I think it can work.

I'm glad Nui's not dead, because I feel owed one more pathetic spittle-flecked rageout and defeat before I'm satisfied.

I'm glad Nui's not dead, because I feel owed one more pathetic spittle-flecked rageout and defeat before I'm satisfied.

This basically.

After seeing her freak out this week, I want a little bit more of her pathetic flailing before she gets knocked out completely.

Damn fine episode.

I love how they switch up
speaking patterns this week. Satsuki refers to Aikuro using the more respectful "anata," reflecting her newfound humility and recognition of him as the commanding officer of sorts. She starts referring to Ryuko by Ryuko, implying her desire to reconcile with her sister and emphasizing the seriousness of her apology.

So good.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I love how they switch up
speaking patterns this week. Satsuki refers to Aikuro using the more respectful "anata," reflecting her newfound humility and recognition of him as the commanding officer of sorts. She starts referring to Ryuko by Ryuko, implying her desire to reconcile with her sister and emphasizing the seriousness of her apology.

So good.
Yeah that was a nice touch.

Mendrox

Nearly cried with a friend of mine because of this hype hype hype... Awesome episode.

We also found a funny german commercial:

Kill la Kill German Real Life Commercial

The creators had to be inspired by Kill la Kill. For all no speaking german people this commercial has the same vibe and premise as Kill la Kill:

• They say that clothing changes and we try to fit for the clothing
  • Clothing controls us our whole life
  • Life Fiber is seeable
  • And many more

Awesome, right?

seriously gonna have to get me a Satsuki avatar when this is all over

so close to Nui finally getting what's coming to her I can taste it

The Foul

KLK 22: BEYOND HYPE.

Fav bits,
Nui snapping out of crazy mode at the thought of explaining herself to Ragyou.
Ragyou confirming that she is mind controlling her team with marionette thread, (Here I thought they were just devoted psycho's like the Devas.)
Gamagoori seeing Tsumugu's DTR take down 3 covers at once, grabs 9 guns. He loves those guns, grin-factor 9001.
Aikuro getting put in charge. Iori's 3 star costume reveal. SHINRA KOKETSU!

<3 This show.

Guess Who

Banned
Probably my favorite bit was
the drum beat of Before My Body is Dry playing over Satsuki and Ryuko's conversation at the end, and how it builds hype while you know the chorus is going to kick in any second. So good.

Dynedom

KLK - 22

Good lord

Was the production during the
dual transformation
through the roof or was it just me?

Also: fuck yeah
Mako uniform returns
! That sent chills down my spine.

Dynedom

Hopefully (although I admit it's predictable), the brackets go down like this for the finale:

Nui vs Ryuko: Natural conclusion to this rivalry. Hope Satsuki/Houonmaru don't interfere.

Huounmaru vs Satsuki: I think this needs to happen. Both have fairly similar personalities and I want to see them clash.

Ragyo vs Ryuko and Satsuki: Should be the obvious finale.

Possible out of nowhere bracket:

Elite 4 vs Hounmaru: Protection vs Protection

Why that particular scene? Wouldn't it have just been
a copy, paste job of their previous transformation scenes, but put together this time?

I dunno. It seemed more crisp and vibrant. Must have been seeing things.

Faiz

Tried to watch 22 on Crunchyroll this morning and the video quality was abysmal. Checked out various other shows and no problems, but KLK was soft and artifacts were all over the place. Be it server issue or encoding I really hope it's cleared up by this evening ....

Hamlet

Awesome episode so many great moments throughout it
Could not stop grinning at the dual transformation and seeing Mako back in her fight club uniform

Top Bottom