• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
But I want it to be better than that. I want to be able to lean hard into this because other than the things we've already talked about, it seems like something special. But it has not made me a believer as of yet.
You are just projecting what you want on the show rather then accepting the show for what it is.. imaishi can do whatever the fuck he wants as far as I'm concerned.. and his works have always been known for their heavy sexualization going all the way back to Dead Leaves.

LordCanti

How many episodes do we have to get into this show for the talk about her outfit to go away? That's what I'm wondering now.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
How many episodes do we have to get into this show for the talk about her outfit to go away? That's what I'm wondering now.
I'm getting bored of the outfit discussion too as it keeps getting nowhere. In a way it keeps the thread bumped but I hope that those who have a big problem with it just drop the show or something as it's clear by now that it is what it is. I'm looking forward to episode 3 bringing enough to the table so the thread can change its focus to other things.

rpmurphy

We need more talk about the miracle that is Mako.

LlnRKGI.gif

Dresden

Probably never, and I don't want to stifle anyone, but certain posters here are going way overboard (and wildly off-topic). Will Mesoian get the hint? I hope so.

Raxus

I hope we get tons of sexy sensei gifs going so whenever the outfit is brought up we have glorious MANSERVICE as a counterpoint.

Seriously, this costume is tame compared to others I have seen.

Gazoinks

I honestly found Mako more likable than I originally expected to. I saw a lot of potential for her getting pretty annoying, but I think they're handling her well so far. She's pretty great.

tumblr_mupj6tvpFW1sjeecjo2_250.gif

ckohler

I've now seen the first two episodes and aside from some of the embarrassing fanservice, I really like it! The character designs are slick, the style is unique and the animation is amazballs.

Also, Mako is adorable and a joy to witness.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Every time I see Mako, I get a smile on my face. They've struck the right balance with her so far, and I hope they keep it up.
Agreed. Most if not all of my laugh out loud moments in the first two episodes were because of her, the voice acting + the way they animate her antics were pretty good so far.

Con_Smith

Banned
Caught this after a co worker suggested I watch after talking to him about getting into anime. My roommate and I sat with wtf faces during both episodes. This and AoT are slowly bringing my inner otaku back.

rpmurphy

I hope we get tons of sexy sensei gifs going so whenever the outfit is brought up we have glorious MANSERVICE as a counterpoint.

Seriously, this costume is tame compared to others I have seen.
Nudity and such is widely used as comedy gags in anime and manga. To call it just fanservice is not quite on point anyway, since the show is action comedy.

Just caught up with the first two episodes.

Thanks to everyone in this thread who isn't bickering about the fan service for pointing me in the right direction, because this is the kind of show that reminds me why I loved anime in the first place.

Yes it is full of cliches, fan service and annoying characters - everything I usually hate about anime - and yet it is so unapologetically brash about these things that it all just adds to the strong sense of identity. I wouldn't want to tone down any one element. It works perfectly as it is.

Still, I hope it can maintain this level of quality and doesn't burn itself out too quickly. GL worked so well because it escalated and kept things fresh. As long as KLK keeps along the same lines we will be fine.

Thoraxes

PlYwpF2.jpg

Actually, not the money part. Not until it comes out in the UK and I can import it for non-Aniplex prices anyway. Fuck Aniplex.
Hang in there! Actually (because I don't know how that market works), what's the track record on releases over there anyways?

Crocodile

Real talk, even as someone who works with cadavers several times a week I think that shot with Mako's face all busted up from the tennis balls is disgusting. I dunno why but it makes my skin crawl :(

Top Bottom