• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

cjkeats

I really hope that it doesn't stick with the baddie of the week for too much longer

I have a feeling it's gonna go that way for a while. I was expecting the same kinda things LordCanti and Squishy3 were saying, given the early screening "story goes to places people weren't expecting" hype. I was a little disappointed.

Fight was still bonkers though.

Gazoinks

Can we all take a moment to appreciate Mako's impressions of Ryuko and Satsuki? (Caution: Big)

jkms.png

Might have to see if I can avatar-ify these. Wish there was a way of turning off Crunchy Roll's subs for this purpose.

Episode 3

Just awesome. There's one gross CG cut of Ryuko and Satsuki, but thank god it ended at one and the rest looked great. There's some clever toying with viewer expectations during the action
(Decapitation weapon slow-mo, academy getting destroyed)
. Will
Satsuki's parents
find out about what she's done and become relevant, given sexy Sensei's information on the family? Based Mako returns with a new speech granting Ryuko a fictional cupgrade. Oh, and Satsuki had some choice lines in there for those who aren't found of the outfits :p When smut becomes plot.

LordCanti

Episode 3

Just awesome. There's one gross CG cut of Ryuko and Satsuki, but thank god it ended at one and the rest looked great.

That one little bit of animation will haunt me on every Blu-Ray rewatch if they don't fix it. If they do a "help us fix this" kickstarter, I'll toss in a tenner.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Can we all take a moment to appreciate Mako's impressions of Ryuko and Satsuki? (Caution: Big)

Might have to see if I can avatar-ify these. Wish there was a way of turning off Crunchy Roll's subs for this purpose.

You can turn off subs. Are you a premium member? Not sure if its restricted but I can.

so1337

Somehow has smaller titties than Ryuko even though she's clearly got much larger ones.
Mako
logic.
It's all about proportions, mang.

Episode 3
I'm a little pissed that they
raised the stakes throughout the episode only to (supposedly) go back to the "defeat all the club leaders"-format.
It seems a little artificial but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Very good episode though. Enjoyed it.

edit: added spoiler tags

LordCanti

I just A/B'd Crunchy and Daisuki and....Daisuki's picture quality is kind of poor by comparison. I hate to do it, but I may have to...I may have to pay for Crunchyroll.

I told myself I never would because of how they started, but I guess it's been enough years now where it's time to let bygones be bygones.

Episode 3
I'm a little pissed that they raised the stakes throughout the episode only to (supposedly) go back to the "defeat all the club leaders"-format. It seems a little artificial but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Very good episode though. Enjoyed it.

That'd be my one complaint as well. I really did think it was going
somewhere else entirely for a minute there, and then it kind of reverted back to square one.
Having said that, this show has been at 11 for three episodes now, so it's not as if they really escalated as much as they didn't let up at all.

Gazoinks

I just A/B'd Crunchy and Daisuki and....Daisuki's picture quality is kind of poor by comparison. I hate to do it, but I may have to...I may have to pay for Crunchyroll.

I told myself I never would because of how they started, but I guess it's been enough years now where it's time to let bygones be bygones.

Yeah, I guess it's a "You get what you pay for" thing, really.

How did Crunchy Roll start?

LordCanti

Yeah, I guess it's a "You get what you pay for" thing, really.

How did Crunchy Roll start?

As a streaming site like they are now except they'd take fansubs that people had worked hard on (before companies did official TL's) and profit off of them. They went legit years ago though, so it's kind of ancient history. It was a bit silly to get mad at someone for pirating something that someone else had already pirated, but especially in smaller communities (J-Drama's for instance) the streamers really took a huge chunk out of morale and made things worse for everyone.

Gazoinks

As a streaming site like they are now except they'd take fansubs that people had worked hard on (before companies did official TL's) and profit off of them. They went legit years ago though, so it's kind of ancient history. It was a bit silly to get mad at someone for pirating something that someone else had already pirated, but especially in smaller communities (J-Drama's for instance) the streamers really took a huge chunk out of morale and made things worse for everyone.

Oh, I didn't know that, that sucks. But yeah, since they're legit now I guess it's all in the past.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 3:

Then it was given to Lady Sasuki the power to revolutionize the world and yet with her words is willing to let her kingdom crumble. At any rate, yes indeed ,this show is getting better and better as we learn Kill La Kill can take a break from the manic pacing for a bit in order to get in more character building and backstory as we are beginning to really learn what makes her really tick. Though I don't think she is the big bad considering she is ruling in absentia for her mother. Also, I suppose we can truly call not just Mako but the entire Mankanshoku clan as the breakout characters of this program. Also, I give them some credit for actually working the fanservice into the narrative, a lesson that Yuusha ni Narenakatta desperately need to learn. Also, yea, the soundtrack is getting less bad, but still not really good.

Crocodile

Some spoilers had suggested that things would go in direction X but instead they went in direction Y which left me a bit dissapointed not because direction Y was necessarily bad but because I was expecting direction X. We'll see how it plays out in the future. There was a moment or two of "weird" animation (it seems others have identified as well) and the humor ranged from hit (anything with Stupid Sexy Sensei) to miss (SMH @ Mako's dad). I also still hate the big red letters they like to plaster all over the place :/

I was a BIG fan of everything else though. Satsuki gives NO FUCKS about literally anything. She has more GAR in her pinky than some entire shows/characters have in their entire run.

<3<3<3<3

This would only be true is everyone who worked on Zelda also worked on Metroid, and Nintendo only makes one game at any given time. And in that case, the comparisons will be valid even if the products are different, because people who want Zelda might not like Metroid but they have to wait anyway while Metroid is finished before they will ever get more Zelda. :)

Which is the case with Trigger. It's not a big company.

Yeah I can understand others frustration if the stuff they want to see is put in a queue and they have to wait till what they don't like is finished before they can get what they want. My only point was that though LWA and KLK may share some amount of staff, the way they are arranged is vastly different. Just like all DNA has more or less the same building blocks but arranging it in different fashions will produce wildly different results.

so1337

That'd be my one complaint as well. I really did think it was going
somewhere else entirely for a minute there, and then it kind of reverted back to square one.
Having said that, this show has been at 11 for three episodes now, so it's not as if they really escalated as much as they didn't let up at all.
There's no denying that. I just hope the unpredictability (for lack of a better word) matches the intensity going forward.

BONUS MAKO GIF
ibw5bGfq3LMiJP.gif

LordCanti

I just realized the significance of a white
wedding dress that activates via blood and is named Junketsu.

I'm derping over here.

The real size of your breasts lies your in your heart, bro

Believe in the me that believes in the you that has big boobies.

Dave1988

KLK ep. 03

This is basically Vergil 1 & 2 battle from DMC3 mashed together and remade into an anime episode.

I'm in love.

This was a crazy episode, but...

Episode 3 was screened today in Japan; people were asked to not post spoilers online, but they are hyping it a lot. Animation is supposedly insane, the story goes to places people weren't expecting before the final episode and
it was pretty much confirmed that the show won't be episodic or "monster of the week-ish" at all.

I don't understand how the above spoiler is true.
It seems like this is exactly what it's going back to being.

DominoKid

ASK NOT THE SPARROW HOW THE EAGLE SOARS!

Decapitation Mode was so sick. I can't wait until she gets the other half of the scissor blade.
tumblr_mutz6nq35J1r9b5wlo1_400.gif
tumblr_mutz6nq35J1r9b5wlo2_400.gif

Given the hype we just witnessed
how in the blue hell do you throw fodder enemies at her now that she and the main baddy showed off just how powerful they can be?

joe2187

Banned
Given the hype we just witnessed
how in the blue hell do you throw fodder enemies at her now that she and the main baddy showed off just how powerful they can be?

Have you not seen Gurren Laggan?

By the end of Kill La Kill The entire fucking universe might be destroyed.

duckroll

Episode 3

Yeah that was pretty good. Still wish they'll make the show entirely about Mako or something. Maybe the cool fights and whatever can be some TV show Mako watches after school. Who cares. Mako and her family are the bestest.

I don't understand how the above spoiler is true.
It seems like this is exactly what it's going back to being.

It's what happens if you buy into stuff 7th says based on his vague reading of random Japanese fan impressions from blogs and forums. :p

Kill La Kill 3

Satsuki: Fucks? What are those? Whatever it is, stop giving a fuck.

Not the change of pace that people where hyping before it aired, but it was still at an 11.... out of a possible 5.

Gazoinks

tumblr_mutyzm3rNM1se99ano1_500.gif

After Stupid Sexy Sensei, no other exposition will ever measure up again. Step up your game, other shows with exposition!

Guess Who

Banned
Have you not seen Gurren Laggan?

By the end of Kill La Kill The entire fucking universe might be destroyed.

Oh yeah, Kill La Kill is definitely following the TTGL progression. Monster-of-the-weekish at first, then halfway through the series shit will get mega-real and the whole plot will change.

Articalys

Yeah, I'm actually glad it wasn't as massive of a shakeup as some of the hype was leading towards, since that gives it more room to build things up to an even crazier extent.
I'll agree on everyone wondering how on earth they're going to get fair fights with the grunts after Ryuko was able to match Satsuki in combat, though. Maybe she won't be able to fully equip Kamui Senketsu for every fight or something.

Mako is great but I still don't find the rest of her family's antics that amusing, sorry.

Top Bottom