• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

NotLiquid

Fuuuuuck I got spoiled on what I assume is the last shot of the episode.

Oh well it looks like an ending that's going to satisfy me.

So episode 24...

It was both satisfying yet cliched and Anti-Climatic in some instances. The Final set of fights were well done, the final battle in particular was good and ending was also satisfying if unexpected (expected a Gainax ending.) On the other hand Gammagori's fake death was pointless, Nudist beach proves to be useless once again, Nui's death was such a cop out but at this rate I don't care anymore as long as she stays dead, Secretary chick served no purpose even in death. And Senketsu's death was seen coming by a mile

I might watch it again dubbed, though that depends on the casting and If I can tolerate Nui enough to stomach her shit a second time.

Mononoke

Banned
So episode 24...

It was both satisfying yet cliched and Anti-Climatic in some instances. The Final set of fights were well done, the final battle in particular was good and ending was also satisfying if unexpected (expected a Gainax ending.) On the other hand Gammagori's fake death was pointless, Nudist beach proves to be useless once again, Nui's death was such a cop out but at this rate I don't care anymore as long as she stays dead, Secretary chick served no purpose even in death. And Senketsu's death was seen coming by a mile

I might watch it again dubbed, though that depends on the casting and If I can tolerate Nui enough to stomach her shit a second time.

That is my only issue. Honestly, it did feel
anti-climatic. But I think that just goes back to what fans have been saying for some time now, and that's that the show never wanted to commit to having major consequences, which then takes away some of the danger/excitement of fights.

And so, they really needed to either I. Step up the fighting in this episode, where it was SO INSANE, so over the top, and so well choreographed that it blew your mind or II. They needed to do more silly/feel good fan service with the characters, and commit to it being a feel good ending.

To me, this felt kind of half assed in that, they didn't really commit one way or the other. The final fight stuff was fine, but nothing too special or anything we haven't seen before. And the character stuff only was really Gamagori taking a blade for Mako, Satsuki catching Ryuko and Ryuko saying goodbye to Senketsu (which were really great moments, but I think we needed more, especially after the fight was over). Plus, I don't really think people cared about the life fiber plot at this point (at least, they didn't care about it more than the characters). So ending the entire show after Ryuko defeats the big bad guy, sort of left a sour taste in my mouth. It just felt wishy-washy and in the middle. Don't get me wrong, I was actually satisfied with it as an ending. I did enjoy it. But I did walk away feeling kind of muted about it. Like, oh...that's it kind of feeling.

PK Gaming

Thats how it needed to end really.

The shippers going to have a field trip with this one lol

Also
It's a small world
cameo made me laugh.

The episode was great but sadly felt rushed as hell. Hope trigger gets more money in the future.

So... is it Mako la Ryuko or Maka la Gama

THE FATE OF THE WORLD DEPENDS ON THIS ANSWER

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I liked the ending.
It wasnt the Holy fucking shit of endings but it had an ending that worked fine for it. A bit anti climatic maybe but it was still a good ending. I wish it were a bit longer and maybe what we see on the credits being part of the ending instead of just credits.

Mononoke

Banned
Seeing as Satsuki was my favorite character, I was
kind of let down, that she didn't play a bigger role in the final fight. :(

Seeing as Satsuki was my favorite character, I was
kind of let down, that she didn't play a bigger role in the final fight. :(

I was a little too, but the double scissor moment and the end scene were great. Star of the episode was Gamagoori though.

TheOGB

Banned
It's finally starting to hit me that this show is over now
tumblr_n341oqmvqH1r16grno1_1280.png

edit: LOL
didn't know Times Square had a Bank of Obama (link)

Mononoke

Banned
Sadly for me its
Mako la Ryuoko
I always thought the other was much better hinted, and I personally liked better.

I need to watch the sub. But what did
Mako say to Ryuko when she kissed her during that speech. It seems more jokey then serious (but I'm going off of visuals only, as I don't speak Japanese). Also, there was that moment where Gamagori took a blade for Mako, and she was really upset over it. And in the end credits, we see Gamagori is planning on asking her out.

So, I saw it more as Mako x Gamagori. Although they didn't really commit to either IMO. I just thought there was more Mako x Gama in the end.

TheOGB

Banned
Mako say to Ryuko when she kissed her during that speech. It seems more jokey then serious (but I'm going off of visuals only, as I don't speak Japanese). Also, there was that moment where Gamagori took a blade for Mako, and she was really upset over it. And in the end credits, we see Gamagori is planning on asking her out.

So, I saw it more as Mako x Gamagori. Although they didn't really commit to either IMO. I just thought there was more Mako x Gama in the end.
OVA should be about
who wins the heart of Mako

A-V-B

Does
Nui
Die?,I must know

Yes, but it might as well have just been Trigger splotching red letters onto a black background "we're going to stop writing about that character now."

The demise had absolutely no relevance for any of the characters, nor did any of the things
she
did.
For example, trying to kill Gamagoori did not send Mako into an emotional overload of superpowers. Imagine Mako going insane, exploding Inumuta's laptop with her readings, then killing Nui and ripping her to pieces or turning her into croquettes or something. That would've been indescribably satisfying. "HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT HUMANS NOW?! HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT HUMANS NOW!!!"

Yes, but it might as well have just been Trigger splotching red letters onto a black background "we're going to stop writing about that character now."

The demise had absolutely no relevance for any of the characters, nor did any of the things
she
did.
For example, trying to kill Gamagoori did not send Mako into an emotional overload of superpowers. Imagine Mako going insane, exploding Inumuta's laptop with her readings, then killing Nui and ripping her to pieces or turning her into croquettes or something. That would've been indescribably satisfying. "HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT HUMANS NOW?! HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT HUMANS NOW!!!"

That would nothing like her character at all and just be force for the sake of it .

A-V-B

That would nothing like her character at all .

No, but it would've been a ton of fun to watch.

Besides, character is mostly defined as what you do. It would've been a moment of, "whoa, don't screw with her
Gamagoori"!
Rewrite it a bit, obviously, as you always do when editing scripts, but the general idea would've been cool.

Renoir

wish the final fight was better, i got really spoiled by the Sstuski x ryuko in the begining.
and i was looking foward to more of that :/

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
It's finally starting to hit me that this show is over now

edit: LOL
didn't know Times Square had a Bank of Obama (link)

HAHAHA and a Weyland Corp logo (from the aliens series)

and a fight between Joe and Mendoza (last fight in Ashita no Joe)

I'd love to see a second season of this that follows the path of the second half of GL
with them going into space to hunt down and fight the remaining threads and end up having a crossover with a multi-dimensional traveling crew from GL.

LordCanti

Uhh....what uhh....what happened to
Nui? I mean, yeah, she turned into a transmitter/merged, but uhh...beyond that. She ded? Was it implied that all life fibers died? There was a lot to take in and my Japanese isn't perfect.

It was a good conclusion, and I liked
Gama-chan's exploits, even if they didn't amount to much other than forcing Nui out of the fight and into an antenna. I was hoping for a little more Gamako in the denouement, but I guess they were never going to fully go there. His antics and Satsuki catching Ryuko were the highlights of the episode for me.

Did I miss it, or did
Aikuro not get revealed as their Dad? What a huge red herring if not.

I agree with whoever was kind of annoyed that
Satsuki wasn't a bigger part of the final fight. Not being life fibers, she kind of needed to breathe though, so going to space was kind of out. She's the one with history/the one that deserved to look Ragyo in the eyes as she died though.

Great episode, all things considered. I'll miss this show for sure.

A-V-B

Nui? I mean, yeah, she turned into a transmitter, but uhh...beyond that. She ded? Was it implied that all life fibers died? There was a lot to take in and my Japanese isn't perfect.

Far as I can tell, she just got absorbed into the thing, and that's her death. Just sort of a non-event.

Did I miss it, or did

Correct. Also no
fragment of her father living on through Senketsu either. Dad's really super-dee-duper dead in every way possible. And Junketsu never got to speak, not even after being infused with good life fibers. And he got sacrificed for Ryuuko's super saiyan mode, lol, poor forgotten Junketsu.

Satsuki wasn't a bigger part of the final fight. Not being life fibers, she kind of needed to breathe though, so going to space was kind of out.

Which is why they REALLY shoulda used Honnouji Mecha. Everyone could've gone to space, with those giant Naked Sun swords. That was a way larger red herring than anything. Wish the episode was about 10-15 minutes longer, but maybe that's what the OVA will be for.

PK Gaming

Sadly for me its
Mako la Ryuoko
I always thought the other was much better hinted, and I personally liked better.

I haven't watched the episode yet but

oh. Oh. OHHHHHHHHH. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. ANIME IS SAVED. GOD BLESS TRIGGER. MAKO LA RYUKO IS CANON. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

oh. Oh. OHHHHHHHHH. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. ANIME IS SAVED. GOD BLESS TRIGGER. MAKO LA RYUKO IS CANON. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

um it isn't lol

Asked her for a date, its still can be jokey japanese stile two best girl friends trope, but I don't know.
And yes then you have the Gamoori moments during the whole episode, so I dont know. Maybe they left it open so either team of shippers is happy lol

Dont make a party too soon.
it's true it maybe is more of a jokey thing, they still hint heavily the GamooriXMako. They probably left it open so people could think the two ways around. But you will have a scene of MakoXRyuko

Mononoke

Banned
Nui? I mean, yeah, she turned into a transmitter, but uhh...beyond that. She ded? Was it implied that all life fibers died? There was a lot to take in and my Japanese isn't perfect.

It was a good conclusion, and I liked
Gama-chan's exploits, even if they didn't amount to much other than forcing Nui out of the fight and into an antenna. I was hoping for a little more Gamako in the denouement, but I guess they were never going to fully go there. His antics and Satsuki catching Ryuko were the highlights of the episode for me.

Did I miss it, or did

Satsuki wasn't a bigger part of the final fight. Not being life fibers, she kind of needed to breathe though, so going to space was kind of out. She's the one with history/the one that deserved to look Ragyo in the eyes as she died though.

Great episode, all things considered. I'll miss this show for sure.

I also don't understands how Ryukos heart is fused with life fibers, and yet
if all the life fibers at least around earths immediate proximity were destroyed, why Ryuko wasn't killed? Unless I don't understand how those like Ryuko, her mom and Nui work. But I thought their actual organs were part life fiber. I kind of expected this to be a plot point.

And you are right, if Nui died because life fibers were destroyed, then what about Ryukos heart? And if life fibers weren't destroyed, how did Nui die? This left me confused and sort of let down there wasn't more to it.

A-V-B

if all the life fibers at least around earths immediate proximity were destroyed, why Ryuko wasn't killed? Unless I don't understand how those like Ryuko, her mom and Nui work. But I thought their actual organs were part life fiber. I kind of expected this to be a plot point.

And you are right, if Nui died because life fibers were destroyed, then what about Ryukos heart? And if life fibers weren't destroyed, how did Nui die?

Either Ryuuko is still just human -- she was never born a life fiber creature and the experimentation wasn't completely successful after all -- or it's a massive plot hole that they left open because they didn't want to kill any human main characters.

TheOGB

Banned
If there was one thing I was afraid of happening, it was
Trigger not being able to definitively tie up the loose ends in 24 minutes. That kinda happened, so I'm really hoping the OVA or a movie retelling or something handles that.

Hold the phone...

It's not? Bahhhhhhhhh
They entertain both sides but ultimately it's left open

edit: bahahahaha
tumblr_n34agsZg9u1t7oofao1_500.gif

Either Ryuuko is still just human -- she was never born a life fiber creature and the experimentation wasn't completely successful after all -- or it's a massive plot hole that they left open because they didn't want to kill any human main characters.

Ryuuko is human but Ragyo merge her with life fibers when she was baby still Ragyo only die when she crush her own heart .
So maybe for Ryuuko to die she has get a serious injury or do the same

LordCanti

Oh, and before I forget....what
happened to Rei? She got popped out of Shinra Koketsu and then.....?

And you are right, if Nui died because life fibers were destroyed, then what about Ryukos heart? And if life fibers weren't destroyed, how did Nui die? This left me confused and sort of let down there wasn't more to it.

Ryuko
did lose her life fibers, I think. That's why Satsuki was so desperate to catch her. Life fiber Ryuko takes that fall no problem and keeps on truckin.

Far as I can tell, she just got absorbed into the thing, and that's her death. Just sort of a non-event.

Correct. Also no
fragment of her father living on through Senketsu either. Dad's really super-dee-duper dead in every way possible. And Junketsu never got to speak, not even after being infused with good life fibers. And he got sacrificed for Ryuuko's super saiyan mode, lol, poor forgotten Junketsu.

Which is why they REALLY shoulda used Honnouji Mecha. Everyone could've gone to space, with those giant Naked Sun swords. That was a way larger red herring than anything. Wish the episode was about 10-15 minutes longer, but maybe that's what the OVA will be for.

Hopefully the OVA will have a lot of what we're looking for as far as
Aikuro is concerned. He looks exactly like him, knows everything about him, etc, and is somehow not him in the end? Wut?

I agree that the episode could have used an additional ten minutes or so.

Mononoke

Banned
Oh, and before I forget....what
happened to Rei? She got popped out of Shinra Koketsu and then.....?

Ryuko
did lose her life fibers, I think. That's why Satsuki was so desperate to catch her. Life fiber Ryuko takes that fall no problem and keeps on truckin.

Hopefully the OVA will have a lot of what we're looking for as far as
Aikuro is concerned. He looks exactly like him, knows everything about him, etc, and is somehow not him in the end? Wut?

I agree that the episode could have used an additional ten minutes or so.

Well that makes sense, but
visually I didn't see her lose her life fibers? I mean the ones that were apart of her organs? I saw Senketsu burn up. Basically I agree that the plot implied was that she lost her life fibers inside. Hence why she could fall and actually die. But HOW she survived the life fibers being removed from her organs was kind of brushed aside. Or hell even how the life fibers were all destroyed didn't make that much sense to me.

After the fight was over we see her mom pull her heart out and the life fibers were still there. So at what point did all life fibers cease to exist and vanquish from the earth. And how is is possible for those with life fiber fused organs to survive the life fibers going away?

Maybe I'm over thinking this. But when it was revealed that Ryukos was part life fiber and her heart was fused of it, I thought it was going to be an end game plot.

Snakeyes

She merged with Ragyo, and probably died with her when the latter sudoku'd

LordCanti

Ryuko
became the Nonoriri, sorta. Kinda.

She merged with Ragyo, and probably died with her when the latter sudoku'd

That was not what I wanted ;_;

I needed
someone to shank her.

Well that makes sense, but
visually I didn't see her lose her life fibers? I mean the ones that were apart of her organs? I saw Senketsu burn up. Basically I agree that the plot implied was that she lost her life fibers inside. Hence why she could fall and actually die. But HOW she survived the life fibers being removed from her organs was kind of brushed aside. Or hell even how the life fibers were all destroyed didn't make that much sense to me.

After the fight was over we see her mom pull her heart out and the life fibers were still there. So at what point did all life fibers cease to exist and vanquish from the earth. And how is is possible for those with life fiber fused organs to survive the life fibers going away?

Maybe I'm over thinking this. But when it was revealed that Ryukos was part life fiber and her heart was fused of it, I thought it was going to be an end game plot.

Yeah, I think we're just going to have to assume what happened there. I guess if they can be
added to a heart, they can be taken away.

Strikerrr

Banned
HAHAHA and a Weyland Corp logo (from the aliens series)

and a fight between Joe and Mendoza (last fight in Ashita no Joe)

I'd love to see a second season of this that follows the path of the second half of GL
with them going into space to hunt down and fight the remaining threads and end up having a crossover with a multi-dimensional traveling crew from GL.

I think that's Omnicorp from Robocop cut off on the left as well

Top Bottom