• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

sonicmj1

I also don't understands how Ryukos heart is fused with life fibers, and yet
if all the life fibers at least around earths immediate proximity were destroyed, why Ryuko wasn't killed? Unless I don't understand how those like Ryuko, her mom and Nui work. But I thought their actual organs were part life fiber. I kind of expected this to be a plot point.

And you are right, if Nui died because life fibers were destroyed, then what about Ryukos heart? And if life fibers weren't destroyed, how did Nui die? This left me confused and sort of let down there wasn't more to it.

They get into that earlier in the episode.
When Shinra Kouketsu reverts all the uniforms, it's controlling all the life fibers. But Ryuuko and Senketsu are still able to act, because they are "neither life fiber nor human." They're a mix of both working together.

So in the end, Ryuuko
doesn't instantly destroy all the life fibers. She asks for all the absorbing to stop, for clothing to be clothing and people to be people. So everyone is released, and without the power of Shinra Kouketsu or the Original Fiber, the fibers all pretty much burn up and die on re-entry. It doesn't affect those who are between fiber and human, like Ryuuko or Ragyo. It's similar, but it's not a plothole.

As for Nui,
she was absorbed into Shinra Kouketsu, and Senketsu absorbed that, and then Senketsu flared out from absorbing too much power, so she's done. Not satisfying enough for me, but what can you do.

I liked the ending. I guess a fundamental shift in the way action was choreographed was too much to ask, but they did a good job of upping the stakes, giving everyone something to do, and closing out Ryuuko's character arc. I still like the show a lot, despite its flaws. Style is substance, and this show has style in spades.

Mononoke

Banned
They get into that earlier in the episode.
When Shinra Kouketsu reverts all the uniforms, it's controlling all the life fibers. But Ryuuko and Senketsu are still able to act, because they are "neither life fiber nor human." They're a mix of both working together.

So in the end, Ryuuko
doesn't instantly destroy all the life fibers. She asks for all the absorbing to stop, for clothing to be clothing and people to be people. So everyone is released, and without the power of Shinra Kouketsu or the Original Fiber, the fibers all pretty much burn up and die on re-entry. It doesn't affect those who are between fiber and human, like Ryuuko or Ragyo. It's similar, but it's not a plothole.

As for Nui,
she was absorbed into Shinra Kouketsu, and Senketsu absorbed that, and then Senketsu flared out from absorbing too much power, so she's done. Not satisfying enough for me, but what can you do.

I liked the ending. I guess a fundamental shift in the way action was choreographed was too much to ask, but they did a good job of upping the stakes, giving everyone something to do, and closing out Ryuuko's character arc. I still like the show a lot, despite its flaws. Style is substance, and this show has style in spades.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain this to me. I'm still waiting for subs, so it seems like this is A LOT that I missed just by watching it visually.
I don't get why it doesn't affect those that are fused with fibers though. I understand that Ryuko wanted it so clothes stay clothes (and don't prey on people), and people stay people. So if the life fibers burned up on re-entry, and with the original life fiber dead...why does the fibers fused in Ryuko and her mom still stay? So are you saying those life fibers ONLY were killed, because they got burned in the atmosphere. If they had gone into space, or somewhere else, they wouldn't have been destroyed? That the destruction of the original life fiber, didn't mean the destruction of them?

So basically the life fibers that fell to earth were killed from the atmosphere. And life fibers that are still on the planet are still alive, they just don't have the power to prey on people (or leech on them) with the original life fiber gone.

EDIT: I Guess I just expected too much from the Life Fiber fusion plot. I really thought Ryuko having a heart of life fiber, would have played a bigger role in the final plot. Oops.

LordCanti

The final shot of
Gama-chan
has him
holding flowers and blushing. The other three seem to be helping him work up the courage to ask her out. It was too fast for me to see in real time. Episode redeemed.

"Due to production issues..."

giphy.gif

sonicmj1

EDIT: I Guess I just expected too much from the Life Fiber fusion plot. I really thought Ryuko having a heart of life fiber, would have played a bigger role in the final plot. Oops.

I feel like it plays a big enough role.
The reason that Ryuuko can stop Shinra Koutetsu is because she's between human and fiber. If she didn't have a life fiber heart and were just a normal human, she wouldn't have been able to do what she did. I guess if you were expecting something to literally happen with her heart then you'd be disappointed, but the meaning behind it was pivotal.

Phatmac

Gama's last transformation was pretty great and a great call back to another anime. Good ending overall. I don't think the overall show reached its potential but it was quite a lot of fun. I'll miss it for sure.

Soma

So can anyone explain
what was up with Ryuuko sucking up everyone's stars and turning into the rocket?

She
pretty much absorbed all the life fibers from everyone's outfits right? Kinda like how she's always done it after fights but in this instance everyone allowed her to do it to power up Senketsu.

Giolon

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Satsuki's hair!

Everything felt a bit rushed, but I kind of expected that given how much they left unresolved for the last episode. So much to process. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself now that it's all over.

Time to start saving my pennies to buy the Blu-rays.

Favorite anime of all time status confirmed. Thank you, Trigger, for not cocking it up!

Moonlight

Banned
She
pretty much absorbed all the life fibers from everyone's outfits right? Kinda like how she's always done it after fights but in this instance everyone allowed her to do it to power up Senketsu.
Ah yeah. That makes sense. Thanks!

Last question:
why exactly did Senketsu burn up? I get that he was technically a life fiber outfit, but didn't he also declare himself both life fiber and human, just like Ryuuko was? Was he just protecting Ryuuko from burning up?

Giolon

Anime has been saved. Praise based God Trigger!

THE FEELS. THE FEELS!

Hey, does anyone remember
that life fiber bullet that Tsumugu had?

Because Imaishi doesn't.

ROFLMAO, sadly true.

XD

Last question:
why exactly did Senketsu burn up? I get that he was technically a life fiber outfit, but didn't he also declare himself both life fiber and human, just like Ryuuko was? Was he just protecting Ryuuko from burning up?

My understanding is that he just used up too much energy or whatever in that final battle. You could already see he was like melting before they even stated re-entering the atmosphere.

PK Gaming

Saw the episode

Um wow

So uh

So Mako straight up asks Ryuko out on a date in the middle of her speech at the end. And Ryuko tells Ragyo that she can't give up because she's got a dating riding on this.

The ship is real guys.

I always believed, goddamnit. I always believed in the OTP, and it ended up paying off in the end. And man, what a sendoff! They got to go on their hella cute date. And Gama was there blushing in the corner. HAH.

God bless trigger.

sonicmj1

Last question:

It was because
absorbing Shinra Koutetsu and everyone's outfits was too much for him to handle. He was going to break up anyway, so protecting Ryuuko was the last thing he could do.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 24:

For as much flak as this show gets, and don't get me wrong, it deserves it, unlike Tengan Toppa Gurran Lagan, they didn't fuck up the ending. Yea, it is a very safe ending and if this was done under Gainax I would expect some curve-ball. Sometimes it is best to send the audience home happy. Well, unless your a Gama-Mako shipper. Oh wow, that was such a tease, but yea, Mako-Ryuko wins the day thankfully. Also, god damn it Nui doesn't even get a satisfying death as she kills herself to make the Lavos Fiber into Ryago's ultimate form. Anyway, the final battle has me stunned that this series qualifies as a seinen show because well Space Ryago Vs. Sapce Ryuko was so shonen it hurt me. Seriously, I felt like I was watching and being bored by a Dragon Ball Z battle.
Hmmm, I think I will do my Full Series review tomorrow, give some time to reflect on things.

Odrion

Banned
I was kinda hoping for a surprise Nonon x Sanageyama reveal, but A+ episode anyways. Surprisingly cheerful. Trigger has saved anime!

7/10.

That was a pretty decent ending, better then I was expecting. Last two scenes made the entire show worth watching. Pretty bad final fight but pretty much all the fights were bad so I was expecting nothing.
I feel like they were trying SUPER hard to recreate the
TTGL ending, which had way more buildup, in this they were just like HEY LET'S GO TO SPACE NOW?? OK
Still waiting on that glorious Samflam ending

Silvawuff

This is in my top five anime forever. Well done, Trigger!

What's more to say? It wrapped up. One part did kind of leave it open for another season I guess. Lots of nods to TTGL. The whole thing was great. Isn't there supposed to be one more episode with the disc release?

PK Gaming

Ryuko x Mako
confirmed as canon
eat it shippers and despair

We made it.

Ryuko lost. Short haired Satsuki is the GOAT

salute.gif

Comrades. Friends. Allies.
We did it. We never gave up. Even when the odds were against us, and it seemed like the majority was on Mako la Gama's side, we never gave in to the despair. We were always pining for the day that Mako la Ryuko would be a thing. And it happened. Our perseverance payed off.

Anime has been saved.

Odrion

Banned
The 25th episode is probably going to be a very goofy fanservicey (not in that way... too much) thing.

Also it's funny how the show progressed from trying to cleverly hide the nudity to "fuck it if we don't draw nipples it doesn't count, right?"

Great ending
though it could have been a lot better. Kind of disappointed at all the poor animation even until the end.

I'm gonna miss the hell out of this show. I think if the pacing issues were fixed early on, this could have gone from great to legendary as the last few really did feel rushed.

I'll write up my full thoughts later.

I wonder who
Gamagoori was going to ask out in the end. I thought Mako x Gama was 100% go until Mako asked Ryuko out on a date.

Silky

Banned
Despite the weak plot, the questionable progression I can't say I hated this experience. KLK was fucking /fun./ I'd definitely go for another ride.

I have to add this anime to my list of animes im sad that ended:

azumanga daioh.
cowboy beebop.
Gurren Lagan.

Star Driver

well worth the price of admission. i have been watching the past few seasons of anime and had been dropping shit left and right after x amount of episodes, but this anime brought back something that was missing: FUN!

Evilisk

Just started watching

Not surprised that Gama got stabbed in a way that paralleled his Satsuki flashback

Also if Absolute Domination dominates all Life Fibers then why is Ryuuko able to move

EDIT: Alright nvm they explained it (even if I don't buy that excuse)

Top Bottom