• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Ghost King

Neo Member
Some of you were talking about the significance of Senketsu Absorbing the life fibers, what would happen if they elaborate a plan for Senketsu to Absorb that giant life fiber thing?

I think that I called it? They did a safe ending but I really wanted to know about the memories of Senketsu or more about Ryuko's dad. for the people asking, didn't they said that Senketsu could be heared because he was more powerful with the life fibers that he absorbed?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
At least the TTGL ending was a proper climax and had the characters actually accomplishing something, compared to here where it feels like Ryuuko winning through plot armor and bad writing.

Actually that sounds like the climax to both.

Mortemis

Banned
I enjoyed the ending. It had me grinning most of the time. Gotta say though, highlights were definitely TTGL Gamagoori and short-haired Satsuki <3

I'd totally watch a SOL all about her and the student council.
IcHQMJF.png

Big Daddy Jojo

OMFG. It's time. Sweet jesus it's time.

Finale was pretty disappointing. Shifts in who was winning the final battle felt super arbitrary and contrived, and overall everything felt rushed.

Evilisk

This ending wasn't bad but it was pretty bloody boring

So boring that there wasn't a character death anywhere besides Ragyo

Mako and Senketsu deserved way better than that

The 2-Stars were simultaneously there and not there at the final battle

Job-obori Robos were finally dumped at least

Short haired Satskui is pretty gud

We didn't even get a prolonged and delicious death scene for Nui >:|

Pappasman

I was left pretty disappointed with KLK overall. Weak story, weak characters, weak animation. TTGL is one of my favorite shows of all time, and I thought that PSG was really funny. KLK didn't get anywhere close to those shows for me, but it was a couple minutes of dumb fun every week, but that was about it for me unfortunately.

Oh, the one bright spot of the finale was when Ryuko and Satsuki did the X-cut.That was awesome.

Cwarrior

At least the TTGL ending was a proper climax and had the characters actually accomplishing something, compared to here where it feels like Ryuuko winning through plot armor and bad writing.

Winning through plot armor and bad writing Yep that's gurren laggan in a nutshell (and Klk).

Jarmel

Banned
Actually that sounds like the climax to both.

Life fiber isn't dead for some bullshit reason, Nui randomly gets absorbed into the Omni whatever, Senketsu randomly loses his powers for a stretch of time because of plot convience, the Omni for plot reasons doesn't affect Ryuuko but affects Senketsu, destroying the tower signal seemingly does jackshit, Gamagoori passing out and then is fine(just for drama fakeouts), and half the characters job and are then left to the waistside.

Oh and was it stated anywhere else in the show that Ryuuko gets stronger the closer to death she gets? If it was, then they sure as hell didn't make a big deal out of it considering the decisive battle depended on it. It's some DBZ level shit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That was really, really disappointing.

I mean, I enjoyed the fuckery but this was one hell of a messy production for no reason. All in all this was nowhere near TTGL. I feel cheated on that front. Was I entertained? Yeah. But considering all the hype...

I'm disappointed.

Dang... I can't believe it's over.
It was a good run.

We got our Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann level of what Ryuko and Senketsu became.

I'm really disappointed that both Nui and Ragyo didn't get the gruesome deaths they deserved.
And I agree with Gama's fake death, although his explanation about that metal protection thing he wore made some sense. I guess he just passed out from shock like Nonon said.

I can't be the only one laughing at Satsuki running to save Ryuko.

And somehow, I just knew this would end with a nude crowd. I just knew it. All those naked bodies lol.

End Credits Satsuki looks weird without her long hair, but that's just me.

RIP Senketsu

The story isn't perfect, but the action and animation were good all the same. Loved the show overall, and never regretted sticking through to the end.

sphagnum

Banned
Individually it was a pretty fun episode but overall it's obvious that they changed the plot outline somewhere along the line in production. There are too many dropped plot points for it not to be the case.

Not as good as Gurren Lagann but I'll recommend it to friends.

Evilisk

Life fiber isn't dead for some bullshit reason, Nui randomly gets absorbed into the Omni whatever, Senketsu randomly loses his powers for a stretch of time because of plot convience, the Omni for plot reasons doesn't affect Ryuuko but affects Senketsu, destroying the tower signal seemingly does jackshit, Gamagoori passing out and then is fine(just for drama fakeouts), and half the characters job and are then left to the waistside.

Oh and was it stated anywhere else in the show that Ryuuko gets stronger the closer to death she gets? If it was, then they sure as hell didn't make a big deal out of it considering the decisive battle depended on it. It's some DBZ level shit.

Oh yeah that Senketsu bit with the Omnisilk didn't make any sense.

So he lost his powers, but then he turned into Senketsu Shippu on his own and stabbed her in the chest anyway? Okay

Gama fakeout was pretty bullshit, I agree

And yeah, literal Saiyan Ryuuko was a little dumb. Personally if they just said "you can't beat my healing factor + I'll just absorb your abilities" I'd be okay with that, I don't understand where the literal Saiyan powerup came from.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Oh, I am not disagreeing that Kill la Kill's climax was DBZ-equse.
I was disagreeing with your notion that TTGL had a good climax. Less shit then this but that belief makes it real mantra was beyond stale for me.

Mononoke

Banned
I feel like it plays a big enough role.
The reason that Ryuuko can stop Shinra Koutetsu is because she's between human and fiber. If she didn't have a life fiber heart and were just a normal human, she wouldn't have been able to do what she did. I guess if you were expecting something to literally happen with her heart then you'd be disappointed, but the meaning behind it was pivotal.

Thanks for the explanation. Made it a lot better for me. :)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Anyway, when talking about hating the end to TTGL
I of course mean that bullshit they pulled with Nia.

Mononoke

Banned
Oh yeah that Senketsu bit with the Omnisilk didn't make any sense.

So he lost his powers, but then he turned into Senketsu Shippu on his own and stabbed her in the chest anyway? Okay

Gama fakeout was pretty bullshit, I agree

And yeah, literal Saiyan Ryuuko was a little dumb. Personally if they just said "you can't beat my healing factor + I'll just absorb your abilities" I'd be okay with that, I don't understand where the literal Saiyan powerup came from.

The
Gama fakeout really made me mad, because they've already proven over and over again, they weren't going to commit to any of the main characters dying wtih the previous battles. And so, the fakeout felt like a middle finger to the audience's intelligence. I don't even know what it accomplished. Was pretty dumb. And it's not like it moved forward Gama X Makos relationship (not saying it should have. But if they were going to have the fakeout, at least used the scene to DO something with it).

Giolon

The
Gama fakeout really made me mad, because they've already proven over and over again, they weren't going to commit to any of the main characters dying wtih the previous battles. And so, the fakeout felt like a middle finger to the audience's intelligence. I don't even know what it accomplished. Was pretty dumb. And it's not like it moved forward Gama X Makos relationship (not saying it should have. But if they were going to have the fakeout, at least used the scene to DO something with it).

I felt like it was more for the purposes of showing the audience Mako's reaction than to try to trick anybody.

Oh, I am not disagreeing that Kill la Kill's climax was DBZ-equse.
I was disagreeing with your notion that TTGL had a good climax. Less shit then this but that belief makes it real mantra was beyond stale for me.

i think TTGL ending was even more shit since it was the usual Gainax just being Gainax .

I felt like it was more for the purposes of showing the audience Mako's reaction than to try to trick anybody.

To me the whole thing was just a joke since they even made fun of it and it was throw back to when he fought Satsuki .

Branduil

Kill la Kill 24

Well at least there was some actual animation this time.

It was a fitting ending to this show, that is to say, poorly paced, full of cheap meaningless turnabout, and without anything to say about anything. One problem with the show conceptually is that the clothing metaphor became so convoluted and fantastic that it really didn't mean anything at all. Contrast that with the spiral metaphor from Gurren Lagann which was consistent, understandable, and properly developed from beginning to end.

Anime is dead.

I think I'd still place Gurren over this. I really like
the timeskip in Gurren and seeing Simon become Kamina was great. I'm a sucker for cool timeskips. KlaK was still good, but DBZ style is cooler in Gurren. Loved the bittersweet ending in Gurren too.

ReiGun

Man, I gave not one iota of a fuck about anything that was happening this entire final episode except for
Senketsu's death.
The characters were so undercooked in this show that in this final sloppy episode I just could not care what happened to them.

Kill la Kill was totally average overall. It managed to be entertaining at points, but the overall product was just - what did someone say up thread - messy? Yeah that's a good word. This show was hella messy.

Mononoke

Banned

Yeah, that I can agree with. But they
also kind of chickened out at the end, with not doing anything with the characters personal lives after the battle was over. So it all felt sort of hollow to me.

Kill la Kill 24

Well at least there was some actual animation this time.

It was a fitting ending to this show, that is to say, poorly paced, full of cheap meaningless turnabout, and without anything to say about anything. One problem with the show conceptually is that the clothing metaphor became so convoluted and fantastic that it really didn't mean anything at all. Contrast that with the spiral metaphor from Gurren Lagann which was consistent, understandable, and properly developed from beginning to end.

Anime is dead.

Not with Honamonogatari, Mushishi S2 and a new LoGH so close
AND GUNDAM THE ORIGIN AWWW SHEEEYET

Hero

Eh. Can't really say I enjoyed the ending that much outside a couple of scenes. Felt extremely rushed. And some of that production during the last few minutes, Jesus.

Soma

If there was ONE thing that disappointed me it was that
Junketsu never spoke. Not even some dying words. He'd been through a lot as one of the only other Kamui in the show so you'd think there'd be something. Missed opportunity there.

Guess Who

Banned
It was a big, dumb, fun show with a big, dumb, fun ending. There was never supposed to be some deep meaningful message, no moving or thoughtful character action, just stupid fist-pumping action, and that's fine. Not every show has to be meaningful or deep.

The finale was absurd, and comical, and over-the-top, and everything Kill la Kill has consistently been, and
Ryuko ended up with Mako and that's all that matters fuck all y'all

Jarmel

Banned
Junketsu never spoke. Not even some dying words. He'd been through a lot as one of the only other Kamui in the show so you'd think there'd be something. Missed opportunity there.

VAs cost money yo.

That would have been great to see but then they would have to explain it lol .

It was a big, dumb, fun show with a big, dumb, fun ending. There was never supposed to be some deep meaningful message, no moving or thoughtful character action, just stupid fist-pumping action, and that's fine. Not every show has to be meaningful or deep.

The finale was absurd, and comical, and over-the-top, and everything Kill la Kill has consistently been, and
Ryuko ended up with Mako and that's all that matters fuck all y'all

But all the fights were really bad and it was animated on like 50 cents

Ezalc

This along with the fact that I've been complaining for a while of total outfit change.

Anyway, I enjoyed it but Gurren Lagann was way more interesting and blood pumping, so this definitely ranks below that.

Top Bottom