• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

TheOGB

Banned
I loved the callback to
Gamagoori's first appearance when he fell out of the sky
That made
the fakeout
worth it for me.

And this thread is making me glad I didn't see TTGL before KLK--or should I say, I appreciate the perspective I had going into both of these shows. Now they're 2 of my favorites.
I'd give em both 8/10

Scum

tumblr_lup3caczVd1qhdupc.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Very good ending, but in the end it did feel rushed. I think the series could have used an extra 10ish episode throughout to fix pacing issues, and it feels likely they made some stuff up as they went along. Good series overall, and I like how they give enough room for a possible sequel.

Guess Who

Banned
I'd agree that Gurren Lagann was overall a much better show, and Kill la Kill didn't save anime, but shit was still fun to watch on a Thursday night with a bag of popcorn and that's all I really wanted or expected from it. I think the show suffered from overhype more than anything.

Evilisk

Everyone should've just been voiced by Nonon's voice actress.

There saved Trigger some money that could've gone into better fight scenes!

1. YES. I would pay for a Non la Non dub. I want to hear Nonon VA say SKINNY DIPPING

2. Haha, no. Even with the noticeably better animation the past few episodes, the fights still have been sloppy as hell. In retrospect, I'm amazed that they ever managed to do the Nonon and Battle Fields Trip fight so well. Every other fight in the show has been pretty garbage.

TCKaos

Fucking amazing. I love you Trigger. Only fucking Imaishi could do this to me.

This and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann are tied for my #1 now.

Fuck, dude, now I have to wait until September for the OVA.

JoeFu

Banned
Very good ending, but in the end it did feel rushed. I think the series could have used an extra 10ish episode throughout to fix pacing issues, and it feels likely they made some stuff up as they went along. Good series overall, and I like how they give enough room for a possible sequel.

lol 10 more? we would have been watching a ppt presentation

I did enjoy the finale though. Good show, but I think it could have been better if the middle wasn't so boring.

Link Man

Banned

If anything, I feel they should have cut it down to 13 episodes, make for a tighter experience overall. Show felt bloated to me at points.

Mik317

A fitting end for a big stupid yet super enjoyable show. I think some people's expectations were too high/expecting something else but it did everything wanted it to do. Like it has been said not everything has to be deep and having multi meaning and twist or dark endings. The world is big enough for bug dumb shows.

Jarmel

Banned
Ryuko, this is what you wanted right? This the promise I made to you...

Sayonara,
Senketsu the Hedghog

Can you feel life movin' through your mind,
Ooh, looks like it came back for more!
Yeah yeah yeah!
Can you feel time slippin' down your spine,
Ooooooh, You try and try to ignore!
Yeah!
But you can hardly swallow,
Your fears and pain.
When you can't help but follow,
It puts you right back where you came.
Live and learn!
Hanging on the edge of tomorrow,
Live and learn!
From the works of yesterday.
Live and learn!
If you beg or if you borrow,
Live and learn!
You may never find your way.
Whooooa, yeah!
Can you feel life tangle you up inside?
Yeah, now you're face down on the floor!
Oh!
But you can't save your sorrow,
You've paid in trade!
When you can't help but follow,
It puts you right back where you came.
Live and learn!
Live and learn!
Live and learn!
Live and learn!
Hey, whoa, whoa,
Oh yeeeeeeeeeeeah!
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!
There's a face searching far, so far and wide.
There's a place where you dream you'd never find.
Hold on to what if?
Hold on to what if?
Live and learn!
Live and learn!
Live and learn!
Live and learn!
Live and learn!
Live and learn!
Live and learn!
Live and learn!

That made
the fakeout
worth it for me.

And this thread is making me glad I didn't see TTGL before KLK--or should I say, I appreciate the perspective I had going into both of these shows. Now they're 2 of my favorites.
I'd give em both 8/10

Currently watching TTGL, and I'm similarly glad that I saw KLK first so that I wasn't tempted to infest the thread with TTGL comparisons every episode. Loved the finale. Had a great time. All I was really looking for, in the end.

Mononoke

Banned
A fitting end for a big stupid yet super enjoyable show. I think some people's expectations were too high/expecting something else but it did everything wanted it to do. Like it has been said not everything has to be deep and having multi meaning and twist or dark endings. The world is big enough for bug dumb shows.

Eh. I wasn't like expecting anything serious or deep about that ending. They never wavered from what the show was intended to be, and that stayed consistent throughout. But it still felt..anticlimatic. And that's something I didn't want. I think they could have been big, stupid and dumb, and still made it more epic.

I dunno. I did enjoy the ending. But I still feel kind of let down by how flat it all felt. *shrugs*

sphagnum

Banned
I hope Toonami eventually picks up this and Gurren Lagann. GL never got enough exposure since it was on Sci-Fi. Would make a cool hour long block to have KLK and GL back to back.

Guess Who

Banned
My only real complaint with the whole thing is
using the inferior OP for the climactic fight and blowing the superior one on shit no one cared about

this eppsidoe ahs it all. feels, action, gurenn laganness. this show was an amzing ride and it went out in style.

raygo goig full FF villain

gammaogir being th boss that he is was amazing, i teared up.

also raygyo totally lord genomed us :)

A-V-B

The
Gama fakeout really made me mad, because they've already proven over and over again, they weren't going to commit to any of the main characters dying wtih the previous battles. And so, the fakeout felt like a middle finger to the audience's intelligence. I don't even know what it accomplished. Was pretty dumb. And it's not like it moved forward Gama X Makos relationship (not saying it should have. But if they were going to have the fakeout, at least used the scene to DO something with it).

It should've accomplished a Mako/Nui super battle, that's what! Rarrrghghg*foam*

A-V-B

The scissor blades
did nothing in the end. What was even the point if everything could regenerate?

I was wondering the same thing. It's like they realized the scissor blades would make things too easy once Ryuuko got them both, so their decision was to make them worthless. And I mean that. The only thing they EVER DID was cut off Nui's arms. And that was neutralized into oblivion.

I dunno. Guess they existed just to look cool.

I was wondering the same thing. It's like they realized the scissor blades would make things too easy once Ryuuko got them both, so their decision was to make them worthless. And I mean that. The only thing they EVER DID was cut off Nui's arms. And that was neutralized into oblivion.

I dunno. Guess they existed just to look cool.

Scissor blades were a red herring for Ragyou. They have iterated this twice now.

The Foul

I loved the finale and the whole series. My eye balls saw everything they came to see and more, would watch again. Overall it felt like watching top tier classic anime from the 90's. Didn't want it to end, anime saved for me at least.

Blues1990

The one reoccurring joke that I love in this series, is how Ira's height is comically inconsistent, where he can sometimes be portrayed as a giant.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
As somebody who did not enjoy TTGL in the slightest (well specifically the second half), KLK was the biggest surprise of 2013/2014. Such a treat, definitely my favorite show so far this year. I'll miss it a lot. Ending was really satisfying.

Gama got
fucked hard though. Poor guy. Mako x Ryuuko
is motherfucking canon aw yeah.

A-V-B

As somebody who did not enjoy TTGL in the slightest (well specifically the second half), KLK was the biggest surprise of 2013/2014. Such a treat, definitely my favorite show so far this year. I'll miss it a lot. Ending was really satisfying.

Gama got
fucked hard though. Poor guy. Mako x Ryuuko
is motherfucking canon aw yeah.

no it ain't

check them credits again dawg

I;m not entirely sure how I feel about this show. In the beginning I love the engergy, but about a quarter of the way through they seemed to have lost steam. It had some really cool moments, but I felt like there were too many times where something happened because the script said so and not because it was a natural progression of plot. Not only that, but there weren't any really awesome fights. A lot of it was obscured or just talking. Visually, the show was awesome looking and I loved the music. Just so much potential that, I felt, never lived up to expectations.

Also, I really, really wanted a proper Nui fight.

Astarte

I don't know what I expected, but it certainly wasn't a
lesbian ending.
Satsuki
looked cute at the end, though

Mononoke

Banned
no it ain't

check them credits again dawg

Yeah, I still don't get why so many people are saying
Ryuko x Mako is this canon thing. I mean, realistically, they didn't commit one way or the other and left it open to satisfy all fans. But I took the whole Mako thing as a shopping date, and not a date date, hence why Satsuki was with them as well.

The fact that it shows Gama about to ask her out, is more of an indication towards that being something then Ryuko and Mako (which seems more like friends). I would have preferred Mako x Ryuko. But eh. I didn't see that in the finale.

Ryuko x Mako is this canon thing. I mean, realistically, they didn't commit one way or the other and left it open to satisfy all fans. But I took the whole Mako thing as a shopping date, and not a date date, hence why Satsuki was with them as well.

The fact that it shows Gama about to ask her out, is more of an indication towards that being something then Ryuko and Mako (which seems more like friends). I would have preferred Mako x Ryuko. But eh. I didn't see that in the finale.

Cause one of the Mako montage thing had Mako and Ryuko kissing when Mako was talking about the date

PK Gaming

Because Mako asked her out while kissing with her (twice). It stands to reason that their "date" is romantic in nature, rather than being friendly. This image set + image should really emphasize that point.

I just don't think that gama's attempt to ask her out would suddenly nullify everything that happened prior.

Soma

Yuri fans gonna take what they can get to fuel their fantasies.

Top Bottom