• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

mjontrix

This last episode was so fucking good. So excited to marathon it in a year or two and savor it. The only thing I didn't like was
the open ending. They totally implied another season, but there is such a small chance that'll happen so it just ended up bothering me. They should have closed off the story line and tied up loose ends.
Either way, it was a really enjoyable show. :)

DW - the sales are pretty good actually - its very possible! It didn't even suffer the 2nd Volume curse!

DW - the sales are pretty good actually - its very possible! It didn't even suffer the 2nd Volume curse!

I don't know if they'd do a 2nd season considering the MUCH more successful Gurren Lagann didn't get one, but being a new studio with less money to toss around might sway them toward one depending on the overall success.

Blues1990

Code:
[IMG]http://www.st-trigger.co.jp/2013/12/24/023.jpg[/IMG]

Something that I found, in which I'm sure most of you folks will dig. Someone had gone & posted most of the issues from the TRIGGER MAGAZINE online newsletter, in which studio staff provide commentary behind workin' on the show, as well as over-all general studio shenanigans. In addition, it provides a slew of production artwork from the show (most of the images are NSFW, as a warning).

TRIGGER MAGAZINE #001-007

duckroll

That was a pretty good ending all things considered. The animation was much more entertaining in the finale, there was some good music, the attacks got pretty crazy. Overall the series is still pretty much a disappointment for me in terms of what it could have been, but the second part from ep16 onwards was pretty fun. Wish this were a shorter series instead, and the pacing tighter. In the end I don't think what they were going for justified such a long series anyway.

upandaway

Haha this was great. I loved everything. Compared to TTGL, it sorta feels like the first half of TTGL as a whole series, but that's great too. I might have felt like it was a retread if it pulled an entire TTGL again.

Gamagoori was the most amazing thing. Love that Gurren Lagann reference when he broke the jammer, hehehe.

Oh, hey I just had a thought.

FUCK YO NEAT BOWS, SON!! IT'S PREDICTION TIME!!:

If a season 2 does happen, Rei will play a large part. She will get the ball rolling.

We have no idea what happens to her. Sure, she hit that pillar really hard once she popped out, but she did make a noise. Who knows what the hell she's made out of.

She is/was ambiguous as hell during this whole show. No orgin. Barely there personality.
I bet they pull some shit about her attracting moar space fibers to earth. S2 will be her time to shine.

So it is written, so it shall be.

Shun

Pacing was horrible the entire series but the ending made up for it. Kill La Kill was a pretty damn good show.

Gamagoori at the end with the flowers though, like he was gonna confess to Mako

Guess Who

Banned
Code:
[IMG]http://www.st-trigger.co.jp/2013/12/24/023.jpg[/IMG]

Something that I found, in which I'm sure most of you folks will dig. Someone had gone & posted most of the issues from the TRIGGER MAGAZINE online newsletter, in which studio staff provide commentary behind workin' on the show, as well as over-all general studio shenanigans. In addition, it provides a slew of production artwork from the show (most of the images are NSFW, as a warning).

TRIGGER MAGAZINE #001-007

A couple of images are missing, eck.

One quote caught my eye though:

Some of you may already know, but KILL la KILL was originally planned to become the typical monster/villain of the week style of anime.

I mean, it was really obvious anyway, but that's pretty much official explanation why the first half of the show was what it was.

TheOGB

Banned

If a season 2 does happen, Rei will play a large part. She will get the ball rolling.

We have no idea what happens to her. Sure, she hit that pillar really hard once she popped out, but she did make a noise. Who knows what the hell she's made out of.

She is/was ambiguous as hell during this whole show. No orgin. Barely there personality.
I bet they pull some shit about her attracting moar space fibers to earth. S2 will be her time to shine.

I've also seen a lot of people raise red flags in regards to Mako's post-credits outfit, remarking that it's reminiscent of Nui in color scheme. There's enough loose ends in regards to the antagonists that I could see some Link to the Past "Return of Ganon" shenanigans going down in a possible S2.

But outside the theory talk, it's kinda sad that even when Rei was useful, she wasn't doing anything. OVA, S2, or movie--whatever we get, something needs to do her and that other jobber Tsumugu justice. >:T

Evilisk

That would be nice but I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt

I think they just added her so the villains wouldn't literally be just Ragyo and Nui (even though it still ended up like that anyway)

I personally have to say that I loved the show. I had only recently caught up on it, and before I did that I had gone back and watched TTGL in all its ridiculous, over the top glory. I only had a few problems with KLK, most of them being soundtrack related (and I must admit that it all grew on me). As much as I would love to see another season, I don't think it will happen, and if it did, I am afraid that it might cheapen the show.

Broketsu will live on in our hearts!

Also, speaking of TTGL's soundtrack: This song will always be my favorite from the soundtrack.

The KLK party doesn't have to end!

Sdo647e.gif

isual

with what senketsu said in the end, the ending felt like it was about coming of age and that as a girl you could wear whatever you wanted.

I'd say overall the show was all right. It really is hard to top TTGL. I appreciated that the fight scenes weren't overly long which required 3 episodes to get over; although, getting a lot done in one episode every time felt quite a bit rushed - but that's okay since trigger probably didn't want to prolong scenes.

also, its ok. you're with chambro now, protecting humanity till the end.

DgP0p7Q.jpg

Soriku

Oh yeah that Senketsu bit with the Omnisilk didn't make any sense.

So he lost his powers, but then he turned into Senketsu Shippu on his own and stabbed her in the chest anyway? Okay

Gama fakeout was pretty bullshit, I agree

And yeah, literal Saiyan Ryuuko was a little dumb. Personally if they just said "you can't beat my healing factor + I'll just absorb your abilities" I'd be okay with that, I don't understand where the literal Saiyan powerup came from.

Where did the Saiyan powerup come from? This was the last episode of a series where transformations are common. Obviously she was going to transform into something uber at the end.

Pretty enjoyable episode. LOL at Nudist Beach automatically jobbing though. Good fight, nice pacing. It was a "safe" ending, but I didn't really expect anything else, and it was good. Oh and great catch at the end.

The show didn't have the strongest plot and it had some pacing issues, also Nudist Beach was a big missed opportunity, but overall it was pretty enjoyable. Doesn't reach TTGL's heights, but it doesn't have to.

Finally, Blumenkranz is one of the best anime songs.

Evilisk

Where did the Saiyan powerup come from? This was the last episode of a series where transformations are common. Obviously she was going to transform into something uber at the end.

I'm talking about the "Did you forget? The closer I come to dying, the stronger I bounce back!" line specifically, as if she'd somehow had this ability all along, rather than just the transformation itself

-MD-

I watched the first episode when it came out but wasn't really feeling it, just watched it again and really enjoyed it (minus the silly costume but I'll deal with it).

Gonna check out ep 2 in a minute.

Sadist

So I just enjoyed this show about chicks fighting each other in skimpy outfits and a bunch of naked people.

Lol @ Ultimate DTR casually being flicked away by Ragyo

Gamagoori and dem Mako tears ;_;

Ryuko x Mako makes Gama cry

Nui is always a stick in the mud. Creepy integration

Cool ending fight. Lol at the nonsensical comment by Ragyo

Senketsu ;_;

Everybody is naked again

Gamagoori keeps trying! I believe in you!

Satsuki short hair is glorious

Faiz

It was exactly what I wanted from the last episode. Everything turned up past 11, logic and sense be damned, everyone naked in the end, animators pulling out all the stops.

Except I feel kinda bad for Gamagoori.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Earlier somebody was discussing TTGL/KLK with "Boys drill, girls scissor."

Well, the passive voice also applied here.

NotLiquid

So is there any reason why Till I Die [nzk] Ver. didn't play when
Senketsu died, as well as during the entire ending? Instead they just put in the cheery first ED music which feels so jarring.

That part of the episode kind of just... happened. There really wasn't much time dwelling on it, and it wasn't very pronounced, which was a shame. Also, the song in question I think is one of the few KLK tracks that haven't been used this entire running. Kind of a waste.

Top Bottom