• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

KarmaCow

That was about what I expected from the finale.
Really dumb and full nonsense, production values all over the place, death fake outs and hype as fuck moments. Even if there weren't any good extended fight scenes, I got the DMC3 Dante and Vergil gif so even though I'd doubt I'd watch it again, I'm okay with it overall. And I'm sure Tumblr is freaking out over by the Gamagoori x Mako fake out.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Final episode was very by the numbers but they nailed the execution and thank god it was well-animated for the most part, at least compared to some of the more visually lacking episodes. I leave satisfied, but then again I was never trying to see layers that weren't there with this show (except maybe by being fooled with the Tsumugu x Ryuko nonexistent connection), and it always entertained me week to week. My biggest problems are how Ryuko was handled throughout the story (I like the character but dislike how she was used) and Tsumugu becoming a jobber (as well as Nudist Beach as a whole).

I would love to see a remake of KLK with more budget, the animation alone made me want such a thing a lot of times while I watched. Maybe a 13 episodes show or two movies or something. Not being held back by time/money constraints and a chance to iron out the pacing and plot kinks. I think this is the first show where I wanted a remake while watching, haha.

So apparently the OVA coming out is gonna be about the graduation ceremony?

Preview

Aww man we have to wait Awhile, it comes out in September.

The Finale felt good,even though a part of me really wants a season two I think they should leave the series where its at, Unless they are gonna make 2 Recap Movies like they did with Gurren lagann I wouldn't mind that at all

RIP Senketsu you were truly the star of this anime I'm gonna miss you, You silly piece of clothing.

Emitan

Everyone conveniently leaves out the part where she talks about shopping for clothes and stuff... and really, if it's a romantic date, you're going to bring your sister? I mean, I guess, but...

Um this is what I'd do with my girlfriend if we weren't long distance.

Hollycat

That was nice and all, but the last episode was obviously way too rushed. Still, I'll watch it again when the english dub appears.

Giolon

That was nice and all, but the last episode was obviously way too rushed. Still, I'll watch it again when the english dub appears.

Speaking of should we start thinking whose voice would fit for the characters?

I wouldn't assume it's getting a dub. Aniplex has been doing their own distribution in the US in recent years, and a lot of the time they just re-package the Japanese discs, slap some subtitles on them, and release them at full or near Japanese prices.

*Monogatari, Gurren Lagann (only has a dub b/c it was released previously by Bandai, movies still don't), and Garden of Sinners says hi! Sword Art Online got a dub b/c it had a wider appeal than just otaku. KLK, as much as I love it, doesn't really have that appeal.

I wouldn't assume it's getting a dub. Aniplex has been doing their own distribution in the US in recent years, and a lot of the time they just re-package the Japanese discs, slap some subtitles on them, and release them at full or near Japanese prices.

*Monogatari, Gurren Lagann (only has a dub b/c it was released previously by Bandai, movies still don't), and Garden of Sinners says hi! Sword Art Online got a dub b/c it had a wider appeal than just otaku. KLK, as much as I love it, doesn't really have that appeal.

I disagree, KLK is one of the most requested shows on Toonami, and probably has more people clamoring for it to air on Toonami than SAO ever did.

Giolon

I disagree, KLK is one of the most requested shows on Toonami, and probably has more people clamoring for it to air on Toonami than SAO ever did.

I can't see Toonami or any American company wanting to air it with the off-the-charts fanservice levels or the Ragyo incest/molestation scenes, but I can agree to disagree.

If they do end up airing it on US TV, I will be incredibly pleasantly surprised.

Soma

tumblr_my8uioncm51r8tebmo1_500.jpg

Satsuki's chin is obviously too hot for Saturday morning television.

Lyonaz

KLK finale is awesomesauce.
Short hair
Satsuki is best Satsuki.

They should make a new season that's like Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, I want crazy funny episodes with the cast.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Did we ever find out what Ragyo's sunglasses assistant was? She never really amounted to much but wasn't specifically killed off this episode, from what I saw.

Did we ever find out what Ragyo's sunglasses assistant was? She never really amounted to much but wasn't specifically killed off this episode, from what I saw.

She was the human that Raygo's final uniform used as the human to power it. She was knocked out by Senketsu and appeared to die when she hit a rock after being ejected.

Mononoke

Banned
So apparently the OVA coming out is gonna be about the graduation ceremony?

Preview

Can't wait. I don't expect the OVA to be deep, as often these are non-canon side stories.
But since it's about her graduating, I'm glad we get a little more time with the characters after the fight was over. Something I think the finale desperately needed.

daveo42

Banned
Nice wrap-up to the show, even if I was expecting more out of the final fight.
The bit with Senketsu at the end felt way too rushed, even if it still had the same emotional impact. The ending credits gave me the felling that this could easily fall into the same TTGL scenario where the planet is saved and everything is fine, then next episode shit all falls apart. Really this could could have fit into 12-13 episodes.

Here's to a 2nd season. Also,
short-haired Satsuki is best with Mako and Nonon coming in a close second.

It should have been a 6-episode OVA a la Gunbuster/Diebuster.

This would have side effect of also massively increasing their animation budget per episode.

They would have needed to be an hour long per and it could have worked. The pacing was ok, but there was a lot of superfluous stuff going on that could have been cut or shortened. This could have been a really good 24-ep show if it was paced out better.

I also absolutely love both Gunbuster and Diebuster, even though Diebuster took 2-3 episodes to really get going.

Jigolo

I haven't been paying much attention to the OST but "Before my Body is dry" makes me feel like I can do anything

FUCKING EPIC TRACK

vivamexicofojpd.gif

It's better without the rapper :S

zeemumu

Right after
Senketsu burns up
, pause the video and open a tab to Sonic Adventure 2's ending right after
Shadow dies.
It works so well.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
She was the human that Raygo's final uniform used as the human to power it. She was knocked out by Senketsu and appeared to die when she hit a rock after being ejected.
Yeah, I guess I just expected a lot more out of her. She was a constant figure, if incredibly subdued.

A-V-B

Yeah, I guess I just expected a lot more out of her. She was a constant figure, if incredibly subdued.

I still don't think she's dead. If they were ever planning on more material, she's definitely someone they could bring back.

Eusis

I still don't think she's dead. If they were ever planning on more material, she's definitely someone they could bring back.
They have also been highly averse to killing anyone off and we're talking about a show where people get thrown around like ragdolls fairly often, I doubt just being thrown into a bit of rubble would kill anyone there. Even when naked. Despite the "one punch from you would kill her!" bit from two episodes back.

A-V-B

They have also been highly averse to killing anyone off and we're talking about a show where people get thrown around like ragdolls fairly often, I doubt just being thrown into a bit of rubble would kill anyone there. Even when naked. Despite the "one punch from you would kill her!" bit from two episodes back.

And it seemed like what
Senketsu turned into was just one of NB's people-extractor things, but drill style. I doubt the purpose was to kill her, just eject her. She's probably okay, and wallowing somewhere now that she's all alone and fucked up.

Kill la Kill Season 2: The Penance of Hououmaru

super2j

Neo Member
marathoned ep 23 and 24. 23 was wayy better and thats only because Mako was getting really helping out there and was relevant for a fair amount of time. The assistant girl could be the basis of the next villain if Kill la kill ever returns, like if she signalled a new fiber to invade. Now that Life Friezaber is dead, I am sure Life fooler will want some revenge. Jokes aside, what could possibly happen in the OVA? Great show, kinda glad all that fan service is over, made it hard to share my favourite parts. Super excited for Jojo!

Ushiwaka

Finally watched EP 24

The ending was fine. Not disappointing, not super awesome. It was fine. It was a feel-good happy ending and I liked that.

RIP Senketsu tho :( And long hair Satsuki>Short hair Satsuki. :D

It was a good ride overall. Fingers crossed for a season 2 or a movie at least.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
That's the first thought I had after the credits finish rolling. Wish thinking
when combined with Ragyo's mention of more life fibers coming
, but hey.

Finally watched EP 24

The ending was fine. Not disappointing, not super awesome. It was fine. It was a feel-good happy ending and I liked that.

RIP Senketsu tho :( And long hair Satsuki>Short hair Satsuki. :D

It was a good ride overall. Fingers crossed for a season 2 or a movie at least.

Pretty much my exact thoughts as well. Loved the show, I am sure we will see a movie at least. Either way anything more would be awesome.

PK Gaming

Fun fact for episode 24.

The iron plate that protected his chest was a callback to his flashback w/ Satsuki. He had an iron plate there too

So I marathoned all of this over two days and I have to say it is kind of disappointing. It is hilarious but I was expecting something more on the side of Garren Lagann. Still every Nudist Beach scene made this show worth it. Not the best anime but it was enjoyable atleast.

Top Bottom