• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Dresden

iba6Mv96bJumIA.gif

mako too best

Herla

Usually, after episodes like these, I feel sad that the show is about to end.
But there's going to be 7+ more hours of this stuff. It's such a great feeling.

Soma

There should be a Mako speech for every episode.

I love how

Last episode = You win because you win at friendship!
This episode = You win because you have bigger boobs!

even then the show seems to portray that lower level uniforms can barely even scratch higher level ones

In a one on one fight definitely but by the looks of it, seems like they're gonna for more unorthodox measures against Ryuuko rather than just fighting.

At least I hope so.

FluxWaveZ

I think it would be cool if Mako either died in a heart-wrenching scene or if she became an antagonist.

I liked how Satsuki got angered after her nonsense, but she snapped at Matoi rather than directly at Mako.

Dresden

well, the god uniforms run on blood, so the best way to deal with Ryuko would be to force her into combat and don't let up until she passes out. Obviously she can last much longer now, but with all the students they have + the four kings, they should be able to make it last a few hours. Of course, we'll just get random shenanigans for the next few episodes instead.

duckroll

In a one on one fight definitely but by the looks of it, seems like they're gonna for more unorthodox measures against Ryuuko rather than just fighting.

At least I hope so.

I don't really think there's any expectation that Ryuko can be defeated by the grunts. It doesn't really seem like her intention either. Satsuki just seems to be rolling with what's happening because it's fun for her too. She has never had a challenger like this in her life. Everything in her life has been prepared for her, everyone who obeys and follows her does so because of who she is. Ryuko represents an abnormality, something that she wasn't brought up to expect. So she's just playing with that.

Gazoinks

I think it would be cool if Mako either died in a heart-wrenching scene or if she became an antagonist.

I liked how Satsuki got angered after her nonsense, but she snapped at Matoi rather than directly at Mako.

(Gurren Lagann spoilers)
Does that mean Mako is this show's Kamina? :p
I could actually kind of see them killing off Mako if the series takes a darker turn at some point, but I hope it doesn't happen because there will be too many feels.

I don't really think there's any expectation that Ryuko can be defeated by the grunts. It doesn't really seem like her intention either. Satsuki just seems to be rolling with what's happening because it's fun for her too. She has never had a challenger like this in her life. Everything in her life has been prepared for her, everyone who obeys and follows her does so because of who she is. Ryuko represents an abnormality, something that she wasn't brought up to expect. So she's just playing with that.

Yeah, in the past couple of episodes Satsuki makes decisions that clearly favour Ryuko at the expense of her underlings, giving the impression she doesn't care if they all eat it. She seems confident that she'll win in the end no matter what, so why not let this all play out first.

Kinyou

Episode 3

Yeah that was pretty good. Still wish they'll make the show entirely about Mako or something. Maybe the cool fights and whatever can be some TV show Mako watches after school. Who cares. Mako and her family are the bestest.
Considering the speed Mako and her family are moving each episode would be 4 minutes long. The way they went too Bed.... Jesus

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Goddaaaamn, this episode. Amazingly fun. I don't mind that it
"regressed" to monster of the week by the end
as I'm positive it'll keep surprising and entertaining me. Looking forward to how they'll manage to up the ante after all this though.

I'm wondering if the "wedding dress" stuff is exclusive to Junketsu or if it has a broader meaning since Ryuko looks at an actual one during the ending (unless that's just supposed to symbolize her relationship with Satsuki or something).

1upmuffin

Episode 3 was awesome, and I think the monster of the week thing will be fun (if that's whats actually gonna happen, or maybe that's just gonna be for a few episodes, who knows), as long as they have other story stuff + Mako family along side of it.

JKTrix

Was that 40%

I like how they make some of the cheaper-looking animated sections totally part of the style, like the weird blur on the teacher as he was sliding across the couch and the Tennis chick's 2-D turnaround last week.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is so good.

Half of this thread just got ETHER'D by ep 3.

wsippel

Banned
Holy fucking shit!

Yeah, that was pretty crazy. And awesome. Also, if anybody still wants to bitch about fanservice, now is the time to stop - and drop the show if necessary. It's not going anywhere. lol

TnK

Just saw episode 3, and I have to say, there is a VERY strong Fist of the North Star vibe going on. This episode reminds me of episode 50 where Raoh and Kenshiro first fight, with Kenshiro mentioning that he will destroy Raoh's ambition. Plus, Satsuki as a whole really resembles Raoh as a character. I love this show <3

EDIT: Why is mako never animated properly? She is always choppy lol.

Episode 3
I think each episode continues to find its footing more and more. That battle suit justification is both ridiculous and fitting. I love little (or rather big) touches like those craters being formed into the walls and the ground during fights. The various explosions also look nice as well. It's enough to make up for that fairly brief CG fight in the hallway for me. Mako is the perfect embodiment of this show's energy and I love it. Satsuki is awesome too.

I'm so game for this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This episode....that freakin' fight.....that transformation sequence......

& this is only episode 3....Please don't let me down on the build-up to the finale, because this was just insane. I couldn't help but have a big smirk on my face & laugh during the second half of the show.

I hate all of you who watched this week's ep before me, despite my living in Japan.

FUCK YOU ALL.

By which I mean I love you all and I guess I just gotta wait till I get out of work eight hours from now.

OTL.

JKTrix

Watching it again, I really like the use of 4:3 to signify flashbacks.

Noticed the shout-out to this bad boy too:

Click for screencap from KLK. Mako is talking about
getting naked
, and in the show/movie that symbol comes from, there are a *lot* of
naked people
shortly after it appears.

TnK

Watching it again, I really like the use of 4:3 to signify flashbacks.

Noticed the shout-out to this bad boy too:

Click for screencap from KLK. Mako is talking about
getting naked
, and in the show/movie that symbol comes from, there are a *lot* of
naked people
shortly after it appears.

Which show is this from?

Atilac

Why does she continue to go to school? Did this show just equate boob size with power and worth? What are you doing Imaishi?

PhiLonius

Episode 3

Damn this show! Just keeps topping itself.

The fight, the transformations, Mako and her family. Too good.

The portion of the fight inside the school reminded me of the Transformers episode of P&S.

Squishy3

The best part of this episode
was that the animation for Satsuki walking up the side of the building was like 3 frames. Putting that Inferno Cop animation skill to good use.

ReiGun

- It's funny. Despite disliking Senketsu's design, I think Junketsu looks alright. I think it's the color scheme: the white with the glowing blue streaks, along with Satsuki's pale skin and long black hair. It works.

- Mako and her family fall completely flat for me. But then, most humor in anime does nothing for me, so hey.

- Crazy awesome fight. The toku fan in me can't help but love the transformation sequence.

Good episode.

Was that an orchestrated version of Don't Lose Your Way I heard? Fuckin sweet!

Episode gave me Gurren Lagann ep 11 vibes, albeit not as effective since it didn't have the same amount of buildup, but still amazing.

Top Bottom