• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Parfait

The best part of this episode
was that the animation for Satsuki walking up the side of the building was like 3 frames. Putting that Inferno Cop animation skill to good use.

Hahaha Yes, I loved that part so much. It was oddly appropriate too.

I want to like Mako but she just gets too inappropriate at times, and it ends up killing the mood.

TnK

My Google-fu tells me it's from Space Runaway Ideon. Just be careful reading the Wiki page, as it has some spoilers.

Yup, that's the show. And yup, I practically spoiled the very end of that show in my post. Bless you if you're concerned about spoilers for a 30 year old mecha anime though. We could be friends.

Heey, I actually know this show, but never saw it (sadly I know the ending). Plus, I had a feeling it would be an 80s show, dunno why.

Is this show good? Always wanted to ask someone that saw it before.

Fury Sense

I'm not sure if I should embrace the part of me that wants to watch this. I think it will lead me on a dark path. I've enjoyed other anime in the past, but high school fantasy is not most relevant to my interests right now. Am 23...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm not sure if I should embrace the part of me that wants to watch this. I think it will lead me on a dark path. I've enjoyed other anime in the past, but high school fantasy is not most relevant to my interests right now. Am 23...

Its not like you preordered Hyperdimension Neptunia

Its an entertaining as fuck show that's ridiculous in all areas. Let go of your fucks.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Realized the next episode is just going to be ninja warrior with no Kamui from the preview (Guest starring Mako's family) because she slept in and I bet the dad took it for dry cleaning or something.

Guess more whacky hijinks en route.

iba6Mv96bJumIA.gif

Oh god. I just about died from laughter when I saw this.

This show is pretty sweet so far.

This episode was really something.

I didn't think they were going to raise the bar with Satsuki's transformation like they did. Things just got more ridiculous. Still not to TTGL levels but we've only seen 3 episodes so there's plenty of time for that.

daveo42

Banned
Fantastic episode all around. Got mad chills throughout the entire show thanks to this crazy awesome setup.

Hoping we can quickly move through the trash and onto the main event.

If you can find me a high school that is like this, I will fake my age and fuckin enroll! I'm 26, by the way.

Seriously dude, setting shouldn't be a deterrent when its execution is like this. This is NOTHING like most high school anime.

My god, that N64.com image still has legs all these years later.

EDIT:

Dunno why I laughed at this random Tumblr post:

tbh kill la kill’s fanservice is a little over the top, but as it stands, it’s animation is so riveting and exciting that i end up getting more involved with the fighting (and mako’s wawawacky movements) than with ryuuko’s body or something silly like that.

in the end, fanservice is something the animators / producers / whatever must have put in as both a personal touch and as a marketing decision. i mean. it’s anime. who do you think is going to watch it, obama

Mesoian

If nakedness is power, then Aikuro is definitely the true final boss, right.

This is actually fairly likely.

It's odd and a little sad that this show is headed exactly where I thought it was. Casting off the ideals of shame of the masses in order to harness your true power in gaining your ambitions, or more plainly, "Let's fight in these slings".

Ah, I don't care anymore. This show is stupid, but it's entertaining. It's just not the great white hope I thought it was going to be. The fanservice is stupid, but there's enough here that makes me see where it ends up.

Kad5

So i'm guessing this show takes place in an alternate post-apocalyptic world where the AXIS wins out after WWII and a corrupted version of Fascism becomes a dominant form of government?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is actually fairly likely.

It's odd and a little sad that this show is headed exactly where I thought it was. Casting off the ideals of shame of the masses in order to harness your true power in gaining your ambitions, or more plainly, "Let's fight in these slings".

Ah, I don't care anymore. This show is stupid, but it's entertaining. It's just not the great white hope I thought it was going to be. The fanservice is stupid, but there's enough here that makes me see where it ends up.
You need to stop being ashamed and get naked.

Let's all get naked.

KarmaCow

God damn episode 3 was ridiculous in pretty much every way, subverting the enemy of the week format...and then it ended with Satsuki saying Ryuko had to defeat all the underlings. I doubt it will be formulaic after they pretty much call it out but it was still disappointing after that amazing high of that final episode-esque fight.

Everyone is probably sick of the discussion but the meta-callout to the ridiculousness of the outfit stuff felt flat, but it still kinda worked in the show.

And Mako is just too adorable. Usually characters like that annoy me but she's just so earnest and well animated that it works.

Mesoian

You need to stop being ashamed and get naked.

Let's all get naked.

::Sigh:: Yeah. Okay.

Let's all go streaking.

Matoi catching, spinning, then carefully putting Mako down made me smile more than I thought it would. This show has a lot of great elements in it.

Trickster

Man, this show. THIS FUCKING SHOW.

Love every single thing about it. At this pace it's gonna be up there with TTGL, maybe even end up above it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If Mako wore a kamui, the world would explode.

george_us

Wow
Satsuki's outfit is somehow even more ridiculous than Ryuko's.

Great episode though. Kind of feels like the first two episodes were video game tutorials lol.

Top Bottom