• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Squishy3

Ep 3 spoilers:
With the fact they showed the sewing club experimenting with making Goku suits with a higher life fiber percentage then the 3 stars can easily get more powerful suits. We saw the tech guy defeat a berserk guy in a 5 star uniform even though he's just a 3 star. Also since Senketsu has been absorbing life fibers according to the rules of the universe it's fundamentally more powerful than Junketsu, even if Ryuko isn't as adept at using it, since the 2 star uniforms have 20% life fiber, right? So doing the math it's at 140% life fiber whereas Junketsu would still be at the base 100%. Maybe this is where the Matoi kamui design differs from the Kiryuin design? It can absorb them. We still know next to nothing about the Scissor Blades also, other than they're designed to combat against Goku uniforms.

Articalys

https://twitter.com/Trigger_Tattun/status/391060536147709952

lseqJ3a.jpg

JCG

Kill la Kill 3:

As expected, this show is ridiculous but also ridiculously entertaining.

It would be hypocritical of me to complain too much about fanservice, so I won't, but there sure was a lot of it!

Can't wait for the next time the show decides to get real and give us a fight of these or even greater proportions.

Akainu

What do you consider full on fights? If this isn't enough to be considered a real fight. There must be some crazy series I've missed.

Recently? I have no clue I haven't been watching any real battle anime lately. Save for Hunter x Hunter and that's not really in battle mode right now and the fights they have aren't really about hotbloodedness. The only decent action in there was the part in the hallway which was marred by the cg to me. And after that the best you got was the spinning move I guess. Everything else was blade lock/clashes followed by explosions. It just wasn't all that exciting.

Am I the only one that doesn't like Mako and her family? Lame teacher is the best so far

LordCanti

Rewatching, I get the sense that Ryuko's father
made a lot of failed Kamui on the way to a working one, hence the big mound of them in the basement of his lab. If they turn out to be made out of people...holy shit. He's clearly the villain.

Thoraxes

Rewatching, I get the sense that Ryuko's father
made a lot of failed Kamui on the way to a working one, hence the big mound of them in the basement of his lab. If they turn out to be made out of people...holy shit. He's clearly the villain.

Him and the Kiryuin estate.

TnK

I thought this was a joke showing how ridiculous the suit is that by simply walking, she can run over walls.

Also I must say that wasn't much of a fight the only real action was ruined by that shitty cg.

I did not notice it was CG until GAF said so. It is actually well made. Though, less and less of it is better.

I haven't seen a show worthy of this since Penguindrum (warning, link contains massive penguindrum spoilers)

Good shit. Looking forward to the end of it for sure, cause the complete version is going to be awesome.

Is penguindrum a good show?

Moaradin

I thought this was a joke showing how ridiculous the suit is that by simply walking, she can run over walls.

I did not notice it was CG until GAF said so. It is actually well made. Though, less and less of it is better.

There was like 3 seconds of distracting CG. The whole fight in the hallway was CG from my understanding and that was well done.

Soriku

Action was good this episode. Otherwise, not a whole lot happened. I'm waiting for the twists.

It's good but has some issues, particularly some things in the story weren't elaborated on as much as they should've, which is funny since the show has multiple flashbacks like every episode. Definitely worth a watch though.

Thoraxes

I say definitely yes. Watching it while it was airing was an incredible experience.

I love all Ikuhara's works though, so I will probably come off biased. There's plenty of symbolism to boot, too!
I guess the question is whether he was forced into it or not. Either way, if it is
people
no amount of being forced is really justification anyway.

Totally agreed. Will be cool to see what happens.

Kill la Kill 03

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahah a.

Awesome.

Zaptruder

Banned
So awesome. So goddamn good.

Anyone that complains about the sexualization in this anime after this episode simply just doesn't get it.

TnK

Damn good. There's production value issues in spots but it was a hell of a ride.

Action was good this episode. Otherwise, not a whole lot happened. I'm waiting for the twists.

It's good but has some issues, particularly some things in the story weren't elaborated on as much as they should've, which is funny since the show has multiple flashbacks like every episode. Definitely worth a watch though.

I say definitely yes. Watching it while it was airing was an incredible experience.

I love all Ikuhara's works though, so I will probably come off biased. There's plenty of symbolism to boot, too!
Seems like I need to give this show a shot. Thanks for the recommendation.

JDSN

Banned
Are you telling me this is only the third episode? Holy shit! And yeah, the absent family being abroad, the horrific nature of the suits, the experiments and Stupid Sexy Sensei talking about Nazis is probably leading to a bigger conflict. That attack that exploded and then imploded was amazing.

MEsoJD

Banned
That was an amazing episode! It was only episode 3 and was on finale proportions of other animes. Also the fan service doesn't feel out of place.

LordCanti

Are you telling me this is only the third episode? Holy shit! And yeah, the absent family being abroad, the horrific nature of the suits, the experiments and Stupid Sexy Sensei talking about Nazis is probably leading to a bigger conflict. That attack that exploded and then imploded was amazing.

There's got to be a resistance. Maybe even an underground resistance. Maybe they've got drills.

Anybody else get a fascist vibe from the school? Ryuko's teacher always seems to be teaching about Nazi Germany; I wonder if they're trying to draw parallels. The cult of personality, militarization, ghettos for the outcasts of society, etc...

Or maybe I'm just being a nerd and over thinking this.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Spider gazed up at the enormous boobs and butts. Three episodes it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the outfits. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two malt liquor-scented tears trickled down the sides of Spiders nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved fan service.

Anybody else get a fascist vibe from the school? Ryuko's teacher always seems to be teaching about Nazi Germany; I wonder if they're trying to draw parallels. The cult of personality, militarization, ghettos for the outcasts of society, etc...

Or maybe I'm just being a nerd and over thinking this.

Satsuki quotes 1984 in the first episode, the vibe they are going for with the school is hardly subtle.

Top Bottom