• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

ckohler

What is with that annoying beep just after the 10 second mark. That can't be part of a song, and It's in all the recordings I've heard of it, including the final episode. That can't have been part of the song. Was it a recording glitch they never bothered with?

Guitars can make a short "screech" sound when the player quickly slides their finger along a string. Maybe that's what you're hearing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Guitars can make a short "screech" sound when the player quickly slides their finger along a string. Maybe that's what you're hearing.

There's a guitar at the beginning of that song? I'm talking the extended version. The opening part before any of the lyrics kick in.

ckohler

There's a guitar at the beginning of that song? I'm talking the extended version. The opening part before any of the lyrics kick in.

Actually, listening again it sounds like an orchestra is playing in the beginning. Lots of string instruments, not guitars. Violins can make that sound.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Actually, listening again it sounds like an orchestra is playing in the beginning. Lots of string instruments, not guitars. Violins can make that sound.

Maybe it is part of the song then. It just sounds so artificial and mechanical. Just out of place. And it's so quick, and the same section is played twice at the start and the beep isn't repeated.

Started and finished Kill la Kill just now in a couple days...

dr2dEtU.png

This show is exhaustingly fun! Now where's mah game Platinum?!?!

Jarmel

Banned
First person to reply to this post with their favorite character in KLK and send me a PM with their address on it,(gotta do both) gets a free copy of the US blu-ray standard edition.

bobawesome

Someone can correct me if they said anything at Anime Expo but I don't believe they've announced a date for the second volume yet.

Drencrom

Just finished KLK, must say I really enjoyed it. Great animation and lots of crazy shit happening, but the story was a bit weak imo. The characters was the best thing about the show for me. Great show overall.

Anyway, TTGL was substantially better and still is the undisputed GOAT

Moaradin

Saw the first couple episodes with the dub. It's a pretty solid dub. Elite 4 is pretty much spot on. Mako is pretty good. I didn't care for Satsuki and Ryuko at first but I like them now.

Only one I'm not sold on is Senketsu. They went for a different interpretation of the character, which I didn't have a problem with. The main problem for me was the delivery. Sometimes he sounds fine and then other times he had some really awkward delivery.

Oh, great. Mine shipped from RightStuf too, and as usual, I leave my work address. So of course it looks like it will be delivered Saturday....

Top Bottom