• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

Psxphile

i didnt even realize we had over 10k posts in here, we truly saved anime.

tumblr_n8s99cySCj1s0qqgvo1_r1_500.gif

So, like, who exactly did you save it for? :V

bobawesome

I received my copy from Animate, sans the additional postcards. Not really the best shipping job in the world either, considering I paid an additonal $11 and requested specifically that they use additional packing material in the special instructions box. It's a miracle nothing was damaged on the way to my house. I can't say I'm looking forward to playing packaging roulette another four times.

Forgive me Rightstuf, for I have sinned...

Kenpachi

I received my copy from Animate, sans the additional postcards. Not really the best shipping job in the world either, considering I paid an additonal $11 and requested specifically that they use additional packing material in the special instructions box. It's a miracle nothing was damaged on the way to my house. I can't say I'm looking forward to playing packaging roulette another four times.

Forgive me Rightstuf, for I have sinned...

I hope our bonuses from Animate will be worth it. One step closer to Senketsu towel and autograph board

So do we have any idea how long it will take for them to release the next Bluray in NA? I know this one just came out, just curious on the pacing with releases like this.

Giolon

So do we have any idea how long it will take for them to release the next Bluray in NA? I know this one just came out, just curious on the pacing with releases like this.

Judging by AoA's previous recent releases, it'll probably be two months, so expect Vol 2 in September.

AniHawk

i'm not trying to get back into anime, but i just did finish watching knights of sidonia (eh...?), trigun badlands rumble (eh?), and kill la kill. i was going to start attack on titan instead, because knights of sidonia seemed close to it, but i veered away because it seemed like it was too close to it. plus i'd heard a lot about kill la kill and why not just see it for myself.

first off i had been very aware of the complaints about this show being purely fanservice and maybe even gross, particularly towards the end. to be honest, it's what put me off watching the show for so long. i'm a bit torn. i think it's definitely fanservice, but i don't think it's just fanservice. it did seem to be a more general parody of the girl transformations in other shows, and at least pretty honest in what they were going for. that's probably why i was able to easily overlook it after just a few episodes (until they started doing other things to throw it in your face again). regarding ragyo and the bad touch, it was pretty gross. i also think it was part of the point. again, it may have been fanservice. i mean it probably was (although what a small niche to cater to), but it also served to make ragyo a lot more gross. she was already pretty gaudy and hard to look at- it just made her even more disgusting.

but aside from that i mostly enjoyed the show. there's a pretty big chasm from where it starts and where it ends. i think raid on the schools was the worst chapter of the story, because it didn't go anywhere and it lasted forever. actually, i think about six episodes could have been cut and not much would have been lost. that said, i enjoyed the animation and the characters, and honestly the energy behind the show. sometimes i think genuine effort and love can overcome plot holes, lack of budget, and even some generally bad ideas. for better or for worse, it felt like it was anime for anime's sake. i think ryuko summed it up best when she said 'nonsensical is our thing.' yeah, i think it is.

overall, fun show. a good antidote for knights of sidonia to boot.

ckohler

You should consider watching Toonami with us AniHawk. Every Satuday late night a whole bunch of GAF watches live and posts reactions in real time in the ToonamiGAF thread. It's a lot of fun. Toonami airs a lot of anime like AoT including Kill la Kill's spiritual predecessor Gurren Lagann which starts airing in a few weeks.

AniHawk

You should consider watching Toonami with us AniHawk. Every Satuday late night a whole bunch of GAF watches live and posts reactions in real time in the ToonamiGAF thread. It's a lot of fun. Toonami airs a lot of anime like AoT including Kill la Kill's spiritual predecessor Gurren Lagann which starts airing in a few weeks.

i really want to watch gurren lagann now. unfortunately, i do not have cable, or else i would definitely join in. i was at least around for when sym-bionic titan first started airing. that was great since so many people had missed the original run.

ckohler

Oh yeah, I thought I saw you around back then but I wasn't sure. Oh well, you should check out GL if you liked KLK. I enjoyed both a lot.

Also, found this lovely painting today:

Reddit said:

The true OTP.

I need to go back and watch Gurren Lagann, I never finished it when I tried to watch it a few years ago. I know it won't be like KLK but my love for it is pushing me to finally retry the show.

TUSR

Banned
I need to go back and watch Gurren Lagann, I never finished it when I tried to watch it a few years ago. I know it won't be like KLK but my love for it is pushing me to finally retry the show.

Gurren Lagann is fantastic, if you liked Kill La Kill you should give it an honest shot.

bobawesome

I don't love it quite as much as some of its ardent fans but it's still a fantastic series. If there's one thing that disappointed me about KLK it's that it never quite reached the same levels of insanity as Gurren Lagann.

She's...beautiful. She will be mine eventually.
Why do you keep doing this to me?

I don't love it quite as much as some of its ardent fans but it's still a fantastic series. If there's one thing that disappointed me about KLK it's that it never quite reached the same levels of insanity as Gurren Lagann.

She's...beautiful. She will be mine eventually.
Why do you keep doing this to me?

Did you look at the other figures they have? lol I have a few things on order from them. Lots of decent Kill La Kill figures and nendos coming out.

It's taking all my willpower to hold out on these things. But $200 is just too rich for my blood. I see a dark, dangerous path laid out once one of those is purchased.

And yet, I'm not 100% sure I won't cave! I nearly did on the RAH Link and Mikasa

I am not really a fan of it to be honest. Her faces look great but again with the joints and then the price...I will stick with my orders for the Phat Ryuko and Satsuki.

Giolon

I am not really a fan of it to be honest. Her faces look great but again with the joints and then the price...I will stick with my orders for the Phat Ryuko and Satsuki.

I mostly got past my issues w/ joints when I started collecting figmas a while ago (and I did order the Ryuuko figma and Satsuki's will be definite too!), and the idea of having some super action figures (*cough* dolls) is really tempting especially when they get the faces so spot on! How cool would it be to have Satsuki on a shelf looking down, yelling at people?

The prices are all just too rich for my blood.

I did. I didn't heed your advice the other day in the July Pick-Up thread just like you knew I wouldn't.

tumblr_n586boMslC1smbajco2_400.gif

I mostly got past my issues w/ joints when I started collecting figmas a while ago (and I did order the Ryuuko figma and Satsuki's will be definite too!), and the idea of having some super action figures (*cough* dolls) is really tempting especially when they get the faces so spot on! How cool would it be to have Satsuki on a shelf looking down, yelling at people?

The prices are all just too rich for my blood.

Hehe ya it would be great, then again that is my favorite part about the Nendo of her. They included that backdrop too. Can't wait to have that displayed.

Puruzi

Banned
I feel like CC2 should make a kill la kill game, they're like, gods at anime style graphics. Kinda meh at gameplay, but whatever crazy ass boss fights they could put in would be worth it

Sketchbag

Banned
Kill la Kill just got on TMZ. They were doing a ComicCon thing and the guy was dressed up as Nudist Beach and didn't know what it was.

Why do I watch TMZ?

AniHawk

Just started watching this one. It reminds me of Furi Kuri and I think I like it.

the director of kill la kill was the animation director on flcl so that's probably where you're getting that. i just finished watching it myself and came away really enjoying it. hope you like the rest of the show!

Irobot82

the director of kill la kill was the animation director on flcl so that's probably where you're getting that. i just finished watching it myself and came away really enjoying it. hope you like the rest of the show!

Also all the anger and fighting reminds me a LOT of Scryed. This is fantastic if a little over the top and silly!

Top Bottom