• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

bobawesome

Phew...I'm thankful that it's coming in October and not a day earlier.

I guess it'll be a few days before Animate posts their solicitation.

Akiller

tumblr_n9wii8qVkc1tql0o6o4_500.gif

5886d59cac.gif

javac

The first of three parts are up for pre-order on Amazon for people like myself in the UK. Kill la Kill - Part 1 of 3 Collector's [Blu-Ray]

It's £59.99 but will obviously drop down as time goes on, and it's the first 9 episodes.

In terms of content, they said:

Our set is very tentative til we get approval but the Remix CD is very complex (and in our humble musical opinion only the second Remix CD is worth fighting for) so we're eschewing the first CD for now in place of another extra.

We're pushing very heavily for the other element in the Japanese Part 1 - a 188 page book of art and storyboards.

We'll keep folks up to date and the price will slide according to what extras we can provide (i.e. if we can't do the 188 page asset we'll decrease the costs of course).

- asides from the 225 minutes of runtime it will be:

- Collector's Packaging (rigid, looking at a nice way to do the cover too actually right now).

- Digipack case.

- (TBC, pending approval) 188 page art booklet with keyframes from the animation, replicated 100% from the Japanese release.

Eying up the full OST 1 but it's a tad convoluted to arrange so let us see what we can do

Releases 8 Dec 2014. Also, glad the thread is still active :p

javac

Wow, UK got a much better deal than we did. Will these UK Blu-Rays work on my US PS3/PS4/XBO?

Anime Limited (The distributor) releases so far have been region locked to Region B (Europe, Australia etc). I really wanted to get the JP releases but too many parts, and I'll be honest the US releases past me by. I'm kind of sad tho, Japan got more releases so they got more covers. First world problem eh? :p

Anime Limited have been awesome so far.
Lagann Ultimate Blu-ray for £80.

Bebop

Patema Ultimate Edition Kickstarter for £35

I expect good stuff for Kill la Kill from these guys! :)

bobawesome

How can i get this shipped to murica D;

If it's anything like Amazon Japan, just create an account and go from there.

edit: Just tried it with my account and it works the same. I'll be passing on this release, though. As much as I love Kill la Kill I'm not so insane that I'll spend $350+ and an additional $300 just for some chipboard boxes.

Bombless

The first of three parts are up for pre-order on Amazon for people like myself in the UK. Kill la Kill - Part 1 of 3 Collector's [Blu-Ray]

It's £59.99 but will obviously drop down as time goes on, and it's the first 9 episodes.

In terms of content, they said:

Releases 8 Dec 2014. Also, glad the thread is still active :p
Dunno how I missed this earlier Javac but thank you! Placed my order just now. This is going to be the best Christmas ever.

-PXG-

It's good to be back on GAF...

I watched this last weekend. Marathon'd the fuck outta of it. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It had some odd pacing and a rushed DBZ ending, but overall it was fun. Glad I finally looked into it.

Vito

Banned
So were these only available at Comiket?

Yes, now you have to get them 2nd hand, mandarake, auctions, etc. Sucks ass and they sold out fast at Comiket. Either way you're looking at 2x price with all the fees.

Dunno if it's ok or not to repost lewd cosplay, but there was a really hot nonon at Comiket, at least based on the pics floating on twitter. :D

Top Bottom