• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

If Ryuko can
fight on an even level with the strongest person in the school without having mastered Senketsu
; shouldn't she be able to absolutely wreck every other member on the student council?

Akainu

Anybody else get a fascist vibe from the school? Ryuko's teacher always seems to be teaching about Nazi Germany; I wonder if they're trying to draw parallels. The cult of personality, militarization, ghettos for the outcasts of society, etc...

Or maybe I'm just being a nerd and over thinking this.

And the last horse crosses the finish line.

If Ryuko can
fight on an even level with the strongest person in the school without having mastered Senketsu
; shouldn't she be able to absolutely wreck every other member on the student council?

I think the scene showing the three-star taking down the five-star uniform was supposed to show more stars does not mean instant victory.

Ryuko might be more powerful, but she may not be as smart or as well developed in using her power as the others.

And the last horse crosses the finish line.

14kwrhk.gif

Good one bro, you sure got me with that burn. In an anime thread. On a video game forum.

I think the scene showing the three-star taking down the five-star uniform was supposed to show more stars does not mean instant victory.

Ryuko might be more powerful, but she may not be as smart or as well developed in using her power as the others.

But that guy didn't have any control over the suit, I'm assuming you're stronger when you know how to control it. This show is pretty dialogue heavy so it's hard to read and watch the gorgeous animation at the same time. I'll go back and watch that scene again.

Wow.

Wow.

What a fucking incredibly amazing episode.

I dont even give a shit about the fan service anymore. Shit oozes so much style its crazy.

I love it when the Kamui is put on and all that gas and shit comes out. Feels awesome.

Great episode.

LordCanti

You have to wear the official Kill La Kill thong while watching this show so you feel like the main characters

It adds to the immersion

I shall get naked while watching from now on. Clearly that's the way to go.

At first I was one of the few in this thread to support the music but after this episode I've kind of noticed that it's forgettable. I can't recall a single track.

There was some pretty good insert music, but there's no way you'd ever notice it through all the other stuff happening. The OP and ED are kind of average for me, but I haven't hated the inserts*

except when it goes "Doooon'ttttttttttttt loseeee yourrrr wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy" every time Ryuko is about to do something.

LordCanti

make sure you rub off your nipples!

we don't want them kids seein nipples

I actually think they did that on purpose as yet another spoof of old shows like Sailor Moon where you'd see silhouettes or outlines yet never any nipples.

I laughed, anyway. It's like their boobs are being bounced up and down by the immense force of the Kamui.

You have to wear the official Kill La Kill thong while watching this show so you feel like the main characters

It adds to the immersion

Only a thong and nothing else

Shit the whole thing about unlocking the true power of the Kamui is genius when applied to how to approach this show

Let go of the shame

I let go

Jarate

Banned
speaking of awesome references to older shows

did anyone notice in the flashback sequences, they were all 4:3 instead of 16:9

I thought that was absolutely brilliant

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
My beef is that the music is very low during most scenes. It keeps getting too drowned by the sound effects and dialogue.

Jarate

Banned
My beef is that the music is too low during most scenes.

The main theme is used to often

I mean, there's no more awesome feeling in the world where they play the main theme during a really "epic" moment, but come on guys, you don't need to do it during every battle!

Ep 3 is like the point in a JRPG where you get a taste of the final boss early on, and then the boss handily beats you. Looking forward to seeing whatever ultimate form they eventually come up with.

Yes, and it's not helping with my unhealthy infatuation with that music cue. I need a clean copy badly.

They'll use an even more epic version for the final battle.
And then it'll get remixed with Quad City DJs.

Was hoping to find this gif, am not disappointed.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The main theme is used to often

I mean, there's no more awesome feeling in the world where they play the main theme during a really "epic" moment, but come on guys, you don't need to do it during every battle!
Ah yeah, that too. Needs to not be overused.

I did start hearing more tracks I found interesting in these episodes but they play too low and I stop paying attention. I haven't rewatched any of the eps so far though, maybe the ost is more noticeable/memorable in a second go, idk.

TCKaos

So how about this:

In this episode Satsuki's Kamui is referred to as her Wedding Dress. We also see in the ending animation a shot of Ryuko looking at a wedding dress while window shopping.

We also know that another half of Ryuko's scissor blade exists (which she believes to be in Satsuki's possession). This could easily be a reference to the saying "Marriage resembles a pair of shears, so joined that they cannot be separated, often moving in opposite directions, yet always punishing anyone who comes between them." This could be interpreted to mean the girls, who have opposing temperaments and color schemes, but that may be unrelated to the saying.

The red "Life Fiber" that Ryuko has been absorbing in to her Kamui could also be a reference to the Red String of Fate. Those connected by the string are destined lovers, regardless of time, place, or circumstances.

I speculate that Stupid Sexy Sensei (who appears to be the last person who knows the true powers or purpose of the Kamui and was actually physically getting ready to break up the fight this episode) isn't undercover to assist Ryuko directly, but rather is undercover to determine if Satsuki and Ryuko are potential brides. He'll be the final boss that they have to team up to defeat.

Jarate

Banned
So how about this:

In this episode Satsuki's Kamui is referred to as her Wedding Dress. We also see in the ending animation a shot of Ryuko looking at a wedding dress while window shopping.

We also know that another half of Ryuko's scissor blade exists (which she believes to be in Satsuki's possession). This could easily be a reference to the saying "Marriage resembles a pair of shears, so joined that they cannot be separated, often moving in opposite directions, yet always punishing anyone who comes between them." This could be interpreted to mean the girls, who have opposing temperaments and color schemes, but that may be unrelated to the saying.

The red "Life Fiber" that Ryuko has been absorbing in to her Kamui could also be a reference to the Red String of Fate. Those connected by the string are destined lovers, regardless of time, place, or circumstances.

I speculate that Stupid Sexy Sensei (who appears to be the last person who knows the true powers or purpose of the Kamui and was actually physically getting ready to break up the fight this episode) isn't undercover to assist Ryuko directly, but rather is undercover to determine if Satsuki and Ryuko are potential brides. He'll be the final boss that they have to team up to defeat.

idk, ending credits in anime always have random shit like that lol

I just hope they go to space at some point.

LordCanti

So how about this:

The bride stuff could be an Utena reference, but like I mentioned before, there's definitely hidden meaning in a "Wedding Dress" named "Junketsu" (purity), that activates via blood (traditionally a bride bleeds on her wedding night).

Him thinking he even could step in was definitely something. He doesn't have a Goku or a Kamui, unless we're to believe that a plain white button down is either.

7Th

Way too Utena.

Pretty sure it's Space Runaway Ideon.

I'm assuming that's referring to the ending where
everyone dies then they all fly around naked in space.

Hmm...hmmmm...

Maybe it was a hint that Kill la Kill will have a similarly apocalyptic ending? Everyone casts their shame aside, gets naked and consumed by Senketsu. Even though it makes literally no sense.

as long as we keep getting character animation the way we have been, I don't mind the CGI.

CGI isn't awful in the show, there's been a few parts where it worked really well (the 1st episode with the whip guy whipping that kid into the walls)

All the CGI so far has looked fine and blended well until this episode

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That CGI
What the hell man.
.....that avatar quote is tempting to use as a reaction when I saw it, but yes, that CGI moment just really stuck out in a rather "eww" kind of way, considering it was done rather well for everything else (i.e the previous episodes). Looked okay zoomed out, but soon as they got closer, eeehhhhh.

But honestly, when everything else was just really awesome, I guess they were bound to take some shortcuts somewhere & not that huge of a complaint, considering how short it lasted.

Soma

The song that played during Satsuki's transformation was cool and has been stuck in my head for a while.

(This may or may not be due to watching that scene over and over again...)

TCKaos

just a friendly reminder that this is still gaf, and quite a few shots are going to be nsfw

exercise some restraint please

Apologies. Shit's getting pretty intense and hilariously absurd. I'll do my best to tone it back to acceptable levels.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Apologies of this was already mentioned, but do the transformation sequences from episode #3 indicate that the characters are not cutting themselves and are instead just pricking themselves with needles? LOL at Kotoaku if so.

Top Bottom