• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

TCKaos

Apologies of this was already mentioned, but do the transformation sequences from episode #3 indicate that the characters are not cutting themselves and are instead just pricking themselves with needles? LOL at Kotoaku if so.

Yeah, it's actually in the opening animation as well. Kotaku should have known long ahead of time that they weren't actually slicing their wrists. Satsuki actually pricks her bicep to transform, too.

Apologies of this was already mentioned, but do the transformation sequences from episode #3 indicate that the characters are not cutting themselves and are instead just pricking themselves with needles? LOL at Kotoaku if so.

It's possible that Ryuko WAS slicing her wrist before, which would tie into how she was just making a surface connection with Senketsu, whereas now by allowing a direct connection through the needle, they are now more connected, and thus, more powerful.

Either way, the article from Kotaku was garbage link bait at its finest.

Poyunch

I bet they're throwing the clubs at her just so they can power her up. Right now, they're arguably on par, I'd say Satsuki is better, but whatever is happening with those strands being sucked up it's probably a major plot point.

LordCanti

Crisis averted; I now have the forbidden GIF's. Thanks.

I wonder how long it will take Doujinshi artists to come up with material. It seems like that stuff would write itself for this show. The fanart community in Japan has wasted absolutely no time.

it's a joke based off of "christian" server on like Counterstrike and shit that wouldn't let you curse

That was pretty comical back in the day. "Yeahhhhhhhh, I shanked you in the face! How does that shit feel?"

*User X has been warned 1 time for foul language. 2 times remaining before ban."

Either way, the article from Kotaku was garbage link bait at its finest.

That's pretty much all Kotaku is at this point. I'm still amazed that "Does this anime promote wrist slitting? Click to find out." was their clickbait angle and not the fanservice though.

Link Man

Banned
I bet they're throwing the clubs at her just so they can power her up. Right now, they're arguably on par, I'd say Satsuki is better, but whatever is happening with those strands being sucked up it's probably a major plot point.

In that case, since Satsuki's family owns the sewing facility for Goku uniforms, and thus their own supply of Life Threads, couldn't Satsuki just power herself up indefinitely? Or could that cause her to go out of control, like the test subject for the 5-star uniform?

LordCanti

In that case, since Satsuki's family owns the sewing facility for Goku uniforms, and thus their own supply of Life Threads, couldn't Satsuki just power herself up indefinitely? Or could that cause her to go out of control, like the test subject for the 5-star uniform?

We don't know if Junketsu is capable of absorbing life threads yet. If not, Ryuko's suit may be an upgraded version, and that may ultimately be how she defeats her.

Dresden

Senketsu is probably some prototype version that can be upgraded, whereas Junketsu is the 'perfected' version (hence purity). I saw this in some other anime so it has to be true.

LordCanti

Senketsu is probably some prototype version that can be upgraded, whereas Junketsu is the 'perfected' version (hence purity). I saw this in some other anime so it has to be true.

I think it's pretty clear that the threads will eventually make Senketsu's eye patch come off, exposing the other eye and leading to ultimate power. I saw it in Bleach so it has to be true.

Squishy3

The funniest part of the Kotaku article is when they didn't write one for Beyond the Boundary where there actually is someone slitting their wrists to make swords.

7Th

Satsuki's uniform is a wedding dress, Ryuuko's uniform is a TUXEDO. Greatest love story ever told confirmed.

LordCanti

Satsuki's uniform is a wedding dress, Ryuuko's uniform is a TUXEDO. Greatest love story ever told confirmed.

Not if Ryuko's one true love has anything to say about it:

iba6Mv96bJumIA.gif

I'm sorry my fellow KLK watchers, I wasn't man enough. I had to watch the second half of the episode on my laptop instead of in the computer lab for everyone else to contemplate.

Since we just saw what could have been the season finale of a lesser series, how many more episodes do you think it'll take for Ryuko's to wear a merged grey senketsu?

This show is a super concentrated jar of Bayonetta juice taken to the next level.

Deliverance

Neo Member
My boyfriend and I did a drink game about the fanservirce in this show and we are DRUNK AS FUCK. I guess we will do this every friday, it's been fun.

what amazes me more than anything is that they are all of legal age...
EDIT:

and contrary to everyone, i think the CGI walk up the building was aesthetically appealing. Like she's moving so fast yet still walking, the laws of physics a mere suggestion at her power.

it was good!

LordCanti

what amazes me more than anything is that they are all of legal age...
EDIT:

and contrary to everyone, i think the CGI walk up the building was aesthetically appealing. Like she's moving so fast yet still walking, the laws of physics a mere suggestion at her power.

it was good!

That wasn't the CG that was bad; The CG that was bad was when they were walking towards each other.

TnK

Crisis averted; I now have the forbidden GIF's. Thanks.

I wonder how long it will take Doujinshi artists to come up with material. It seems like that stuff would write itself for this show. The fanart community in Japan has wasted absolutely no time.
Where can I find said fanart, also, can I please have the gifs =D? Don't worry, it will be used for scientific analysis.

I think it's pretty clear that the threads will eventually make Senketsu's eye patch come off, exposing the other eye and leading to ultimate power. I saw it in Bleach so it has to be true.

These two comments made me laugh more than they should.

This show is a super concentrated jar of Bayonetta juice taken to the next level.
YES! Finally someone who can see the resemblance of both Platinum and Trigger.

cntr

Banned
as a side note

Junketsu does mean "purity", but if you read it another way, it also means PURE BLOOD.

now that's an awesome name

remz

YES! Finally someone who can see the resemblance of both Platinum and Trigger.

Both key staff scorned by a major studio leaving to form their own damn studio and make what they want to make.

also they both use really similar sparkles...

Mako was A+ fantastic this episode.

Top Bottom