• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

This girl...i hope she becomes a recurring character

47Vdzi0.png

duckroll

Episode 4

That was fucking legit. Hilarious, wacky, really great timing, lots of awesome character reactions. I laughed so hard through most of the first half. Just when I thought the best was over, they got me again with the final parts of the gag. Fantastic episode. If this is what the staff does for episodic fun, they could do it for 100 episodes and I would be entertained. Reminded me A LOT of Abenobashi. Good times.

JKTrix

Ha, I wondered why Marina Inoue (Yoko of GL) tweeted about KLK earlier today. She's the glasses girl with the broken arm (just started watching).

Trickster

Episode 4

Exactly how I figured they would follow up Ep 3. Amazing how entertaining they can make such a low budget episode. They really nail action and humor.

Next episode looking like it could be another episode 3. The guy is also in the op. So he's probably gonna be one of the main characters in the series.

Reversed

Trigger: Saving anime... and saving budget. What else can't they save?!

Loving the references ITT. Though, I wonder why everyone got big heads. Maybe because it's a gag episode?

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 4

This show is getting wackier and wackier, and it's great. This episode was the most fun so far, and I'm glad they're not really doing a monster of the week format. Maiko was surprisingly likable as a throway villain, and we learned some... sensitive information about Ira.

Mako is still best.

Silky

Banned
You know, if the show was just condensed shorts that were like this episode after Season 1 is over? I would be completely contempt with it. Otherwise, Stellar Episode.

Mako is just the definition of real.

Episode 4

Incredible, even the less meaningful episodes are amazing. The soundtrack beyond Don't Lose Your Way is also starting to grow on me.

I really had no idea how they were going to follow last week's episode, but they accomplished by going down a different route. Inferno Copping it up worked so well!

At this point, the show is pretty much a lock for AOTY for me. I can't imagine Imaishi failing me after 4 straight episodes of awesome, and the pv of 5 makes me thing that trend will continue.

TheOGB

Banned
Oh man, this episode was nonstop laughs. Senketsu in the beginning, Maiko being hella obvious, Mako's family throughout, Mako... Oh Mako, you da bess. But I lost my shit when that lady breastfeeding just appeared out of nowhere. Every moment after that was amazing.

This show is in dangerous territory now. 4 episodes in a row where each one was better than the last. If this keeps up--and it already looks like it will--any drop in quality between episodes will instantly break my heart.

Gotta say though, the preview monologue sounded pretty troubling...

Pulp la Fiction
Uma Thurman is there too with a cigarette and that terrible hair cut.
I think we can knock the budget for this episode down to $4.00
you gotta be fucking kidding me. this episode keeps getting better.

This girl...i hope she becomes a recurring character

47Vdzi0.png
You and me both
4tCIK.gif

sonicmj1

The humor had been kind of hit-and-miss for me until now, but Episode 4 was incredibly fun, up to and including all the Inferno Cop-esque non-animation. I can't complain about more of this.

Link Man

Banned
Fanart production seems to be exploding over at deviantART, though I haven't seen much that I like yet. But there is this:

teacher_by_kanapy_art-d6rdr0x.jpg

Link

Latest episode was great, balls-to-the-wall non-stop insanity (and some toned-down fanservice?). Really starting to enjoy myself.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, this was a rather funny episode. Yes, the animation took a huge downgrade compared to the previous ones, but it worked with the tone and silliness, plus I couldn't help but be reminded of some of the animation from P&S, which is kind of a good thing.

Excelent episode the only thing that could have made it better would have been an inferno cop cameo. But I guess the animation or lack therof makes up for that. Mako da best.

Coconut

Banned
I'm watching episode two right now and the scene in the beginning, where Ryuko is eating at her friends house is pretty funny.

Top Bottom