• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kill la Kill |OT|

TheOGB

Banned
The entire Elite Four is gonna fall for Mako.

Then they'll overthrow Satsuki and make Mako the queen. Praise be to Mako

Kinyou

backingout2m5q1j.gif

LordCanti

Which show had the better fourth episode: TTGL or this?

Gurren's fourth episode was the horribly animated abortion where Kamina loses his got'damn mind for an episode, right?

If so, KLK's was much better.

Did someone get fired for GL's 4th episode? It seems like I remember...something going down after it.

Gazoinks

Gurren's fourth episode was the horribly animated abortion where Kamina loses his got'damn mind for an episode, right?

If so, KLK's was much better.

Did someone get fired for GL's 4th episode? It seems like I remember...something going down after it.

People complained about it, one of Gainax's cofounders insulted them or something, and he was forced to step down.

Evilisk

I just got around to watching episode 3 and 4 now

I can't say I'm liking this show a whole lot. Episode 4 was a lot of fun I'll admit and I love the visual style of Kill la Kill.

But I'm still not really sold on the show.

I'm starting to get really tired of the fanservice (and I wasn't even irked about in episode 1, in fact it got really obnoxious in episode 4) and I don't really like how the plot really hasn't moved anywhere since episode 1.

There's been a lot of exposition but the whole show has been pretty static (just Ryuko and weird/mysterious allies vs. the school, with student villain of the week).

Also I'm really disappointed Ogure was just booted off like that. She's been the only character so far that I've liked, she's so ridiculously pragmatic and genre savvy without having had to use any of those uniforms and I was kind of hoping she'd be coming back for another episode but nope. Seems like a wasted opportunity to me having an enemy of Ryuko that's also secretly trying to go after Kiryuin, meh

Which show had the better fourth episode: TTGL or this?

TTGL 4th episode was not only horribly animated, it was even badly designed, with an aesthetic that didn't feel like even the same series at all.
4th episode of Kill la Kill was an amazing episode, where they used the low budget animation for the own benefit and creting an hilarious parody of itself.

Vito

Banned

Acid08

Banned
Caught up on 3 and 4, great episodes. 3 in particular was amazing, Ryuko powering up plus the music was giving me hella TTGL vibes. So good.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I just got around to watching episode 3 and 4 now

I can't say I'm liking this show a whole lot. Episode 4 was a lot of fun I'll admit and I love the visual style of Kill la Kill.

But I'm still not really sold on the show.

I'm starting to get really tired of the fanservice (and I wasn't even irked about in episode 1, in fact it got really obnoxious in episode 4) and I don't really like how the plot really hasn't moved anywhere since episode 1.

There's been a lot of exposition but the whole show has been pretty static (just Ryuko and weird/mysterious allies vs. the school, with student villain of the week).

Also I'm really disappointed Ogure was just booted off like that. She's been the only character so far that I've liked, she's so ridiculously pragmatic and genre savvy without having had to use any of those uniforms and I was kind of hoping she'd be coming back for another episode but nope. Seems like a wasted opportunity to me having an enemy of Ryuko that's also secretly trying to go after Kiryuin, meh
Did you not watch episode 3?

Evilisk

Did you not watch episode 3?

I did watch episode 3.
Yeah Satsuki has a uniform too, and Ryuko is now fighting at full power. Lots and lots of exposition.

But all that was established was that Ryuko is still a long ways from offing Satsuki and that she's probably going to have to fight most of the school before she'll get another chance. Pretty much just restating everything that was hinted at in episode 1.

And actually, since she didn't beat any of the club captains in episode 3, she didn't really progress anywhere at all in episode 3 (she's stronger but she's still no closer to her goal than before the episode, she may even be further now since Satsuki has the uniform now). Episode 4 is filler even (it's fun but not even remotely important to the plot).

Now that I think about it the pacing in this show is also really starting bug me too.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Already said my piece on that in here and in the SM thread, but the remarks on eps 1-3 not moving the plot enough are new.

Deliverance

Neo Member
Do you guys really consider that episode 3 advanced the plot enough? It was a "hey yeah let's have this big fight!" ... "no, wait, OMOSHIROI! Now let's get back exactly were we started! Fight the little bad guys!".

It had no repercussion. That's another thing I don't like from this show. The pace is fast as hell, but... nothing really happens.

Top Bottom